Wesley Willows Assisted Living

4141 North Rockton, Rockford, IL, 61103

Reviews of Wesley Willows Assisted Living

Squarix July 06, 2012

I don't like the thought of putting relatives into a nursing home, as it feels sort of like..."throwing them away" when they get too old or bothersome. But my half-brother's (on my father's side) paternal grandmother was diagnosed with alzheimer's 2 years ago, and she had begun hallucinating to the point where she couldn't take care of herself anymore. Anyhow, he selected Wesley Willows because of the positive reviews of friends and other family members, and how nice the facility looked in the commercial. The facility didn't disappoint in real life. They have the best assisted living facility I've ever personally seen. Like I said, I don't like nursing homes, but if I had to pick one for myself, this would be it. They even have the best resident in the world - a cute Labrador retriever puppy, to keep the residents company. Gladys doesn't understand much these days, but you should have seen her smile when she saw that dog.Also, the rooms and hallways are impeccably clean. Most old folks homes have a sour musty urine odor as soon as you walk through the door. Wesley Willows smells more like a hospital, with a clean bleach smell.Gladys is so happy when we come on Sundays - her memory is failing, but from what she can tell us, she's having a good old time there. They do take every step to make sure seniors are comfortable during their final years. And I appreciate that more than anything else.

JJoeTine April 05, 2012

My great-grandmother lived in an apartment in Wesley Willows for about two years before she passed away. She loved it. There was always something going on. They had kids come and sing around the holidays, they had crafts shows and projects to do, she had a lady (nurse) come sit with her and visit once in a while, she just couldn't have been happier. She made many friends there and it really gave the feeling of community to her. Sometimes we would go visit and she would just have her door open and a few ladies around just chatting about their "shows". We would also eat with her in their dining room on a fairly regular basis. They were very accommodating to families and had special brunches on holidays including Mother's Day. The food was tasty and the staff was also so very friendly. We knew that she was in good hands. She was always looking beautiful and her apartment was always spotless. They were there for her at the press of a button but gave her the independence she needed. They had nice carpet and furnishing, a beautiful chapel, a pleasant aroma, and a good overall close to home feeling. The grounds are also very well kept, fresh flowers and green lawn! The "Willows" we call it, is a wonderful place.

commercesd February 07, 2012

We visited Wesley Willows Assisted Living while in the region looking at facilities for our uncle. We immediately liked the outer exterior, which appeared very well maintained. The grounds were nicely landscaped, with tranquil tree-lined walkways and seating areas.

We could feel a very good energy when we stepped inside. We did not have an appointment, yet the staff was very accommodating and took us on a full tour.

This facility had ample communal rooms for every activity imaginable, from reading in the library, to card games, physical exercise, ceramics and crafting and hosted meetings. There was a computer center, billiards room, woodworking shop, sewing and plant room, convenient post office, and a lovely chapel. There is even an art center and salon. We could see that anything a resident might need is provided here.

The full service fitness center was very impressive, with regular exercise classes, swimming pools, an aquatic center and spa. They even have an indoor walking track. The personal trainers are on hand to ensure safety while assisting the seniors in every way they can.

The living spaces were generous, and the studio and one bedroom we saw was beautifully decorated with lots of fresh air and light. All units were well designed, efficient and yet still spacious.

The outside activities feature many interesting cultural events in Rockford -- which hosts music and art gatherings regularly. There was also a large auditorium for interesting group events.

This facility can accommodate a variety of ambulation levels and as a resident's needs change, care can be shifted between assisted living, personal care, rehabilitation, nursing, Alzheimer's, memory, respite and hospice care.

This is an extraordinarily well-designed, full service living environment for seniors that includes everything that our uncle needs. We were very impressed with this facility -- in fact, it is one of the best we've seen thus far. The staff is also exceptionally kind, caring and helpful.

About Wesley Willows Assisted Living

Wesley Willows Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Rockford, IL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Wesley Willows Assisted Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Wesley Willows Assisted Living