Cherryvale Place

Reviews of Cherryvale Place

Overview of Ratings

4.1

December 03, 2014

My mother is currently in Emeritus at Rockford. It is an assisted living, and it also have a secured memory care facility as well. Our experience has been very good. My mother is gaining weight, so she obviously likes their food. There are a lot of activities for the people to do. There is a very nice gathering room with a fireplace in it, and it seems to be an area where a lot of people just gather and read their newspaper or play trivia games there with the coordinator. Their CNA care is very good. I know it is very difficult for CNAs when they have so many people to care for, but may be they can be more dedicated with individualized care.

September 24, 2014

We did visit Emeritus at Rockford. I thought it was very comfortable and easy to feel good. The people that we met and talked to were very friendly and helpful. We did get some good information. The apartments were rather small, but that’s for the assisted living. It’s not the place where I think you would go for the early years of your retirement when you are still able to be in and out and for activities. The rooms are large enough. You can get a queen sized bed in the bedroom comfortably but for a couple it’s a little bit small. It just depends on what you are looking for. If you really need help, it’s sufficient but if you need extra space, I’d say it’s a little bit small. But of course you have to consider the cost too. It’s affordable and not the most expensive.

August 14, 2014

By Caring81947650

The staff is very friendly and very accommodating at Emeritus. They have activities during the day; they have an activity room. I know my mom really enjoys bingo. They have religious services on the weekend; I think they’re on Saturdays. They just got a new Dining Room Director, so I’m hoping the taste of the food will improve a little bit, but it’s not bad. My mom has been there since February, and the only thing that kind of concerns me is that they have somewhat of a high turnover for nurses. But the nurses are great and are very friendly. The area where they are is very nice. It is an ideal location where there is shopping for the residents or just different restaurants. I know there's some updating that needs to be done and I think they’re in the process of trying to update the dining room. The atmosphere and the accommodations are nice. Occasionally I guess it could be vacuumed a little more frequently, but I do visit very frequently, and overall I am pleased. Theres no place that’s perfect, and everyone has their little issues now and then, but over the last six months that my mother has been there, I have been pleased.

February 28, 2014

I went to Emeritus at Rockford and I like the variety of activities that they offer and the accommodations that they have. Their apartments are large and clean. It was bright and there were a lot of windows and the view was very nice. The staff were very accommodating and I can really see their willingness of trying to accommodate us.

September 19, 2013

By Dee9

My dad is in Emeritus and so far, he is having a good experience there. He has been there for about four months now. I like this facility. It is one of my favorites. My dad has visual problems and this place seems a little bit brighter. Also my dad has a friend there. What I like about this place is that they are flexible as far as accommodating my father. They helped us with the room he wanted and also helped us with the VA benefits, which has worked out nice. The only thing I wish they have are more activities for men. We suggested field trips and some trivia games. Also it would be nice if they would announce their activities maybe at breakfast in the morning rather than posting them on the board. My dad has a tendency to miss some of them if they're just announced on their bulletin board.

May 14, 2013

By Caring2089

I chose Emeritus because they had a locked Alzheimer's unit. The staff were wonderful and very caring towards the residents. They took care of the residents and gave feedbacks to the family. My mother's room was spacious enough, there was a full-sized closet that covered the entire wall and there was plenty of room.

May 22, 2012

By Carole1

My parents used to be in a different assisted living facility but it was inconvenient for them for a lot of reasons. We needed a place that is easy for them to go around with. So we decided to find a better place for them. One day I was driving to a doctors appointment, just a little bit passed his office, I saw Emeritus and I was thinking I'm just gonna go in here after I'm done with the doctor and see the place. So I went and the director of the place said they were busy taking things out but she can show me a similar apartment. It was much bigger and have more square footage. The bathroom is larger. It was on the first floor and have big window and you can see life outside the window. I called my parents after I had a look at the place and told them that I will bring them to this place and let them see it. I had my brother come too and everybody agreed that this place is more convenient and it was better. So they are now living here on the ground floor and they feel connected to the outside world and they can see people walking by and people walking their dogs and see when somebody is coming if they are expecting company. Their dining room is not as crowded as it was for them back at the other place.It's a large and very spacious dining room with the salad bars. I think that the food is ok. We had eaten there a few times. Some days are better than others just like when you are at home. What's good there is that they have food choices. They can choose what their main entree is and then there's the salad bar and they also get too many desserts. They have different activities too. They have movie days. They have bingo. They have regular times for their van to take people to Walmart and Kmart. They have transportation too when they have doctor's appointment. And also if there's a concert at the Coronado Theater which is the venue for some orchestra, they also have musicals to come there. Also we celebrated birthdays and farewell for my son who is being deployed. We had a family gathering in the activity room last Sunday for Mother's Day which is just across the hall from where my parents live. We wheeled the barbecue grill around outside the building so we could cook some hamburgers. It's a very nice place. Only that my parents have a comment though regarding the place being short-staffed that they have to wait when they call for somebody to do something for them. I think that it's not unrealistic because you can only have so many people living together and this is not private duty care that they get. When staffs are busy with another resident, they're gonna get to you eventually.

Photos of Cherryvale Place

Features of Cherryvale Place

• Minimum Memory Cost: $2300/month

About Cherryvale Place

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Cherryvale Place