Bickford of Rockford

960 North Mulford, Rockford, IL, 61107

Reviews of Bickford of Rockford

August 16, 2016

By Larry047615

Bickford is a very nice place but strictly private pay. Several of my customers are there. The rooms are very nice, most of the apartments are geared toward independent living but adjust according to what a person is doing. They can only handle dementia patients up to a certain point. The dining area is very nice, like sitting down in a fine dining restaurant. However, it wasn’t a fit for my aunt.

November 05, 2015

By Caring son14

Bickford was beautiful. The staff was great, but they did not have memory center. They handled things a little bit more differently. If my mom did not have Alzheimer's, I would probably prefer that place. The staff was excellent, very knowledgeable, very open, very truthful. The facility was beautiful. They had some balcony areas and a little bit of stuff outside. We saw the one-bedroom. It was a little bit more spacious. You had a pretty-much full kitchen, but it was something that I did not want my mom to have. It would be for someone who did not have Alzheimer's or had to worry about that or if they wanted to do their own baking or something like that.

August 09, 2015

I like Bickford. It was more apartment like. There's a full kitchen, a bedroom, a living space, and tables, but they also had the support for the care that my mother might need. Everything was accessible. The bathroom was very accessible. The staff was fabulous and very personable. The people were very open to helping. She needs a lot of care, and everybody has been amazingly friendly and very willing to work with what she might need. This place seemed very secure. I was very impressed. She can also have her cat there. It's not real big. It's more of a family feel to me, and that's appealing. I think that's where she would be happiest. For her, a religious component would be nice. You can have all the things that older people want as far as on-site beauticians, medical people available, things that are necessary, activities, great food options, and flexibility of food scheduling. Everybody's very happy to give their time. They try to do the best for the residents who are there. The director is very knowledgeable about some of the financial ways of meeting the needs of the residents and the family. They were very honest and willing to help the families. The residents were very well cared for. From the director to the person who handles accounting, they're doing every little bit of stuff that needs to be done. They're very communicative with the residents. The dining options are really great. The nursing staff is very friendly and workable with medications. It was a pleasant visit in person but also very helpful in phone conversations afterwards.

September 23, 2014

Bickford was very pleasant. We had a very good experience. I consider them very comfortable and welcoming. What impressed me very much was that it seemed like a family-oriented place where friends and family would be welcome to come, visit and spend time. The menu was very good, but we didn’t eat there. I thought the rooms were a little bit small; it wouldn’t be where we move in as a couple and expect to have a life of retirement before we really need this assisted living. But it really appealed to people who needed assistance at this time. They did have activities and encourage exercising. If you needed rehab after surgery, that was available. But it wouldn’t be the place with a lot like trips to doctors or take you to certain places or activities. You wouldn’t have that much going on in that one facility.

February 28, 2014

We had a tour at Bickford of Rockford and the facility was very well maintained and very well done, but very expensive. Their amenities were all very good. They do have activities going on and their dining area was very nice.

Photos of Bickford of Rockford

Services & Amenities of Bickford of Rockford

About Bickford of Rockford

Welcome to Bickford of Rockford, one of Illinois's premier independent living and assisted living communities! Bickford of Rockford is conveniently located at 960 North Mulford, so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Rockford senior living community.

At Bickford of Rockford, we offer premier assisted and independent living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford of Rockford. Each resident of our Illinois senior living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford of Rockford. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories…lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford of Rockford senior living in Illinois, we don’t ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Illinois independent and assisted living community and make it yours.

Map of Bickford of Rockford