The Landing of Brighton

1350 Westfall Road, Rochester, NY, 14618

Reviews of The Landing of Brighton

Stacy7 July 04, 2015

We didn't spend a lot of time with anybody; they were assisted living people, but the person who gave us the tour just kind of like said "Hi" to everybody. It was a smaller community -- it is a very new community -- and they weren't even completely full with the number of rooms that they had. We looked at ones that were like model rooms -- they could not have been inhabited -- and they were nice, but you kind of wondered what this one looked like if there was a resident in here. I had worked at an assisted living home, and it is a little different when somebody's living there versus when it is all cleaned up and waiting for the next person. They asked us what kind of activities my mom liked, and she is not really an activity person -- she likes to read and is kind of solitary -- so it was hard for me to give them any idea of things. She is not the type of person to come out and play bingo or anything. They showed us the schedule that they have. They would take the people out to Walmart and things like that for occasional shopping, and they have special movie nights and things like that. My father was very impressed by the meals -- the idea that he wouldn't have to make the meals and such -- and they were good because he and my mother basically exists on lean cuisines and other frozen meals.

Jennifer107883550 June 15, 2015

The Landing of Brighton is a brand new facility, and they are geared towards people that have dementia or diagnosed with Alzheimer?s. It is a younger population, and they do a lot more to help the residents. One of the chores that my mom likes to do is laundry, and they allow her to do her own laundry. They do not have an exact meal time. They have a restaurant, which is open from 7AM to 7PM. She can go any time she wants, and she can eat three or four meals a day. She loves the food. The staff is helpful, very friendly, and always a pleasure to be around. They all seem to love their job, and it really shows. The apartments are beautiful. I absolutely love the facility and the people there.

Caring103758850 April 17, 2015

My mom is at The Landing of Brighton, and it has been outstanding. They have brand new properties. The staff is very positive, and they tried really hard to get everyone to do things. They are also very helpful. They do have activities every day or every couple of days. The ratio of their staff to the patients is unbelievable. There's one for every two or three residents, and that is great.

Mary101765450 January 21, 2015

The Landing of Brighton was beautiful, I want in to move in myself. The place is very peacefuland quiet. It felt like true independent living with real attention to detail. There was great attention to comfort and ease of transition.

The dining room was not like a dining room, but it was like a restaurant that a person could eat anytime of the day. They gave me samples of food to take home so I could get a sense of their cooking. The rooms were beautiful, luxurious, and very safe feeling.

I would give it a 5 except I wish it was a little closer to things to walk to for people who have the ability to walk and be a little more independent. I would prefer a place that’s near a coffee shop or a bookstore.

Carol88618150 November 29, 2014

The Landing was absolutely beautiful. They were very friendly. It was brand new, so the rooms were beautiful. There were only 2 residents there when I went for the tour. They had many activity rooms and a little store. The price was so high, I didn’t go any further with it.

Hi, Carol. Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that The Landing of Brighton wasn’t a perfect fit for you at the time of your visit, and we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in more detail about the different financial options we have available at our community. If you have any questions or would like to provide us with more feedback about your experience, we encourage you to contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

From The Landing of Brighton

The Landing of Brighton is located across from Buckland Park, just minutes from shopping, restaurants, medical facilities and cultural venues. This vibrant residence will feature a salon and barber shop, ample shared living spaces and a fitness center for physical therapy. And without the worries of transportation, housekeeping and snow removal, residents enjoy an active, more independent lifestyle. Each month brings more than 200 social, educational and cultural opportunities tailored to our residents' personal interests.

Our thoughtfully designed community offers a range of senior living services to ensure a comfortable, confident lifestyle for our residents. Our independent living option enables our residents to connect with peers and enjoy an active lifestyle. In addition, we provide discreet 24-hour assistance with day-to-day care needs, as well as innovative, personalized memory care for those living with Alzheimer's or other types of dementia - all backed by the industry-leading quality standards of Atria Senior Living.

People are living longer. At The Landing of Brighton, we're helping them live better.

Features of The Landing of Brighton

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $6,700/month

• Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: Provision of Assisted Living Services will commence upon final approval of licensure by the New York State Department of Health in 2014.

• We help families understand VA benefits