Rochester Presbyterian Home - The Homestead

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Rochester Presbyterian Home - The Homestead

July 07, 2014

By LoveMyGrandma

When we first placed my grandma in the Rochester Presbyterian Home, we were very happy with her care, but the care has declined greatly in the past few months. On more than one occasion, the staff has forgotten to wake her up or guide her to both breakfast and lunch on the same day. That means my grandma went approximately 19 hours without food or water. As a dementia resident on RPH's 4th floor, the staff should know that all of those residents need help remembering where and when to eat. It breaks my heart that we can't keep my grandma at our house and instead have to subject her to these conditions. I wish the RPH staff would go back to the way they were when she first arrived a few years ago. This adult care facility used to be, and could still be in the future, a good place.

January 31, 2014

We chose Rochester Presbyterian Home because they met all our needs. My mom has been there for seven months now. It's a wonderful facility. When you walk in, you just feel like you're at home. The entire facility is very homey. It has a lot of character to it. It's very warm and welcoming. There is a sense of peace when you walk in there. My mom has a very nice room. It is a bedroom with a bathroom. The staff is great. They do everything to meet the family's need. They're wonderful. They're not just working but they truly care about their residents. They're willing to work with you in any way if you need to adjust to anything. They go above and beyond their duty. This facility also offers a lot of activities for their residents.

December 11, 2012

By P1

My father passed away in September from pneumonia, which we, the family, chose not to treat. He was living on the Memory Care floor of the Rochester Presbyterian Home, 256 Thurston Road, Rochester, NY. They gave him loving, compassionate care. The rates are reasonable, as it is a non profit, and the staff turnover is low. I was very pleased with the care he received while living there.

August 29, 2011

By dimondmom

The care that I have seen provided for my grandmother at Rochester Presbyterian Home has been borderline elder abuse. They do have a very nice facility and the resources to provide wonderful care for someone going through alzheimers. Unfortunately many of the services they boast about providing are not actually given to the patients. This may not be true for the residents in the early stages who can still take care of themselves. The residents in the middle to late stages are left seating on their own getting zero interaction from any of the nurses or aides. As sad as it is to see this happening to the other residents, it's horrible to watch someone you care about being neglected to the point that they aren't even being taken to the bathroom when they ask for help. I hope this facility starts providing proper training or hiring aides that have the training to actually care for their residents.

Photos of Rochester Presbyterian Home - The Homestead

Services & Amenities of Rochester Presbyterian Home - The Homestead

• State Licenses: 370E022

About Rochester Presbyterian Home - The Homestead

Rochester Presbyterian Home - The Homestead is an assisted living facility in Rochester, NY that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Rochester Presbyterian Home - The Homestead for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Rochester Presbyterian Home - The Homestead