Brookdale West Side Rochester

1404 Long Pond Road, Rochester, NY, 14626

Reviews of Brookdale West Side Rochester

Sue99335950 January 04, 2015

It’s a really nice assisted home for my dad. The company just bought them, it used to be Emeritus at Westside, but it’s now Brookdale. It’s a good place. The environment is always pleasant, and the whole place is set up nicely. The people are very friendly. It’s not crowded, it’s all on one floor, and there are probably only about 60 people. My dad got one of the brand new rooms, and there’s plenty of room to it. It doesn’t have a shower -- only a toilet and a sink -- but they gave him a reduced rate. He takes a shower down the hall, and somebody helps him. Right outside his room, there’s a living room area and a TV. The staff and the service are excellent. Whenever I go there, they’re very friendly in taking care of my dad. The dining area is great; it seems like a restaurant. They have a chef, it has big open windows, and the waitresses take the food to the tables. My dad wasn’t raving about the food when he first got there, but now the food is OK. When I go there, the food smells great. They have mass every day, he plays bingo once in a while, he signed up for an outing to go to a restaurant for lunch, he gets his haircut, and he reads a lot. I think he got every magazine subscription he can think of. I’m very happy there.

Caring88465750 June 30, 2014

Mom is at Emeritus at West Side Rochester. It's a very nice place and very reasonably priced. The staff, as well as the sanitation of the facility, has been pretty good. The room is kind of OK, nothing extraordinary.

Michelle45 January 31, 2014

We chose Emeritus at West Side Rochester for my uncle because it was convenient from where he live. He moved in there last November 1st. It's a nice little community within itself. Also, the staff is very friendly. This facility offers to take him to doctor's appointments, assists him with daily routine things, assists him with medications, and housekeeping. They have all kinds of activities too. They take their clients out for lunch. They play bingo and card games and they have little concerts. They also have church services.

Beth12 December 27, 2013

Emeritus was way above our price range so they're unavailable for us. That's the only concern at this point. Their rooms I thought were small but I understand that's what's available nowadays for this type of facilities. However, I thought there were a good number of people there to care for the residents. The person that I talked to was very kind. She spoke to my mom, not just me, which was important. I have been to others where they speak to the care person rather than the person needing the care.

Elizabeth23 October 25, 2013

We looked at Emeritus. I liked their dining hall area where they had a table set up so that people could sit in small group and be served. That would work well with my mom and dad. I liked the setting that they had a TV area and another sitting area, also a smoking area, things that my mother would definitely use. Their rooms had a bath, a dresser and a TV. The only thing that concerned me was that they don't have a wifi or computer connections because my parents though they were in their 80s they were into computers and they send emails every day. I would recommend them to others.

Joan29 September 23, 2013

We went to see Emeritus and we had mixed feelings. I loved it, however my husband didn't like it simply because he didn't feel he was ready yet. The rooms were very nice and each room had it's own bathroom that really impressed me. It had a nice dining room. It was right across from a hospital. I was also impressed that the setting was in the woods.

ALFamily September 06, 2013

We have an elderly family member living here for over a year now. Unhappy underpaid employees results in too much staff turnover, resulting in feeling of hopelessness for some residents. It is indeed sad to have lost so many good people we had grown to love and considered them part of our family. Makes for a bad feel for everyone. We don't know why they can't pay a better salary more and keep good people. Several are working 2 jobs to stay afloat financailly. Also, carpets are usually dirty though they do have them cleaned at times.

George4 July 11, 2012

I can't think of a single problem a person would have with Emeritus. First of all, they have highly-competent staff who effectively manage my grandmother's needs, so she has no difficulty in proceeding with her daily activities, from bathing to eating to transportation. Despite the number of people who live there, they continue to maintain a high standard of work quality. The rooms are all kept very clean and sanitary, probably more so than my own home is. The food, in particular, is surprisingly well-made, to the point where one would expect to find it in a moderately-expensive restaurant. Perhaps most important is that the community is very friendly and amicable, both the residents and the staff, and they appear to have a good time with the wide range of recreational options available. Emeritus also maintains medical facilities, which include therapy, care, and rehabilitation services. Considering my grandmother's questionable healthiness, this was a relatively important thing to consider in choosing the facility.

Amel June 01, 2012

I like to go there every month because my grandparent and the facilitation they have. I do many family activities with my family like playing games, visit some off-site excursions and their religion services. My grandparents also happy for the service that the facilities give to them. They say that they does not have any complaint living there and so am I. The amenities is so great and the meals and the snacks taste delicious. Their apartments is so clean and perfect for elder. All the elder in the facilities also polite and easy going person. All my visit was a great memory. I never get bored or regretted going there. Sometimes, I also have took my vacations there. They even have a beauty salon and I think that greats for elder who wants to be fashionable for some events. I also see that their services was really great for someone who gets a disease, they even got some rehabilitation center and therapy. Just like a small hospital. I can not wait to go there again. I even thinking that maybe when I was older enough and retired, I will live in there for the rest of my life, just like my grandparents do.

From Brookdale West Side Rochester

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale West Side Rochester

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Minimum age: None

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale West Side Rochester