Sunrise of Rochester

500 East University Drive, Rochester, MI, 48307

Reviews of Sunrise of Rochester

Caring66340250 April 22, 2014

Sunrise seemed to be very well-run. It was very large, and they had a locked down unit for dementia. I liked it because it seemed clean. The staff seemed to work with their patients quite well. I didn't have any problems having my questions answered. They invited me for a meal, but I declined. They had social recreations, like some were playing cards and bingo. They had a music day. It was just very pricey.

Caring79981550 March 21, 2014

Sunrise has a separate floor for memory care. The residents can't just walked off the floor. It's got elevator that is key coded. The memory care floor is geared to people that have problems. Some of the residents will be taken down to some of the activities. Sometimes a piano player would come in, they have singing, bingo, exercises, and they can come down and join that. But they'll have someone that will take them. The rooms were fine and spacious enough. They had a good setup for memory care. They take care of what they're serving the people on the memory care floor. The dining area was nicer of course on the second floor. But the memory care is not as nice.

thetruth2013 December 31, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with the lack of care some residents encountered. I would go to see my relative and have all the workers standing together talking to each other and/or on their cell phones and not interacting with the residents. There were 1 or 2 that actually cared but overall I was disappointed and there are better homes for the price in the area.

We're very sorry to hear you did not have a great experience in our community. We'd like to learn more as we take these comments very seriously. Please contact us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com –The Sunrise Team.

Caring74239650 December 28, 2013

My husband's mother lived at Sunrise of Rochester for three years. I would give that 5 across the board. The facility itself was beautiful. It was like a 5-star hotel but it also cost a lot more money than others. The staff was excellent. They were very caring. Food was good. As far as activities, I was aware of some of them and my mother-in-law participated in a number of things. They had exercise classes, little field trips, etc. They had similar things to what most places like that offer. I would surely recommend them.

Niceguy1 January 21, 2012

My aunt was a resident at Sunrise of Rochester. She had her own little apartment and was provided with the assistance services to help her as needed. I was very impressed by the beautiful facility and caring staff. The overall environment is nice too, it seems like an apartment complex for senior citizens rather than a hospital. The downtown area of Rochester is very nice as well. They have a lot of social trips to local businesses and restaurants. The surrounding area is lovely too. There are gardens in the back and it is overlooking a river. The only downside to the facility is the price. It was very expensive to keep her there compared to other locations, but in my opinion worth every penny.The staff were always kind and friendly and ready to help at a moments notice. Every room has an emergency system where the residents can call for help if they need it. It is very reassuring to have this so they can connect easily to someone who can help.

From Sunrise of Rochester

Located within walking distance of downtown Rochester, Sunrise of Rochester sits right in the heart of historic downtown, just blocks away from a wide variety of unique shops and restaurants. We pride ourselves in our excellent location, customized service plans and wide variety of social activities for our residents.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Rochester