American House The Village Senior Living

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of American House The Village Senior Living

July 23, 2014

By Gary36

My sister picked American House the Village Senior Living. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are well-maintained and clean. The food could be better and better served. They have room for improvement in that area. We go on trips to the local stores; they have a happy hour and an activities director who does cards and trivia questions, Bingo, and all that kind of stuff.

We definitely do have lots of activities and events for our residents to enjoy - and these are great opportunities to socialize with other residents! If you or your sister have any questions or need anything, don't hesitate to stop by my office or call me personally. Thanks for leaving your feedback!

Sincerely, Anne Tomlinson, Executive Director 248-853-6000

October 17, 2013

By Carol71577550

American House was terrible. It was nothing like it was supposed to be. It was very drab in front and very dark inside. The people there very dissatisfied with living there. The food was mushy and not good. They had very few activities. What activities they had, they planned them on the same date, so you couldn't do anything else. As a whole, I was very dissatisfied with this place.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your experience here. I'd like to hear more about your concerns, because we typically offer a large variety of activities to suit everyone's needs, and offer restaurant-style dining so you can have your choice of food. Please give me a call so that I might address your concerns more personally – thank you for the feedback.

Sincerely, Anne Tomlinson, Executive Director 248-853-6000

September 30, 2013

By Sheila5

I visited American House. Everything there was great. The rooms were of reasonable sizes. I saw a room that has one bedroom, a living room, and a kitchenette. It was fine. I did look at the board to see if they have activities and most of them were like word games and things like that. I was also disappointed that the rate they posted on their website was different from what they told me when I went there. It was way off underestimated. Apparently the price that they posted on their website was for independent living and I was looking for more of an assisted living because my relative is in need of a lot of help with her care.

Thanks for leaving your feedback. While we do have plenty of word game activities, we also have a variety of unique activities every month! I'm sorry you felt a bit misled by the prices that were posted online. Our assisted living services are offered at an "a la carte" price, so residents only pay for what they need. If you have any other concerns about cost or anything else, please feel free to call me directly.

Sincerely, Anne Tomlinson Executive Director (248) 853-6000

April 30, 2013

By Chris20

I found one but I never got a chance to move her into American House. She rapidly went downhill. It's a very nice facility. Their prices are a lot better than some of the other places around town.

Thank you for your feedback, Chris20 — and very sorry we didn’t get a chance to get to know her. Take care!

Sincerely, Anne Tomlinson Executive Director 248-853-6000

November 21, 2012

By pman123

In all, the facility was well maintained, organized, CLEAN, and inviting. All of the residence of American House seemed happy with their faculty. Apparently they are provided with different things to do around their apartment areas and are even allowed pets in to live with them which I see as a very nice thing. During my time there I was complimented by a great number of residence on my playing suggesting a really wonderful mood of the place, they obviously were compliant to live there despite the stereotype of it being a 'horribly secluded' place where you never got to see the outside world. It was quite the opposite. I listened to experiences of the elderly and had a good time myself. When I'm older id' like to live there myself!(: Don't have to see the horrors of what's happening to our generation and get to be around respectful young people all the time. Sounds like my kind of place.

It's always nice to hear that family members of our residents would like to live here themselves! Thank you for spreading the word that life at American House is your kind of place. We try to have a full schedule of fun activities and outings, so we would hate for anyone to be horribly secluded here! I hope you'll be coming back more since you had such a good time here yourself! Come in and say hello when you do - my door is always open.

Sincerely, Anne Tomlinson, Executive Director (248) 853-6000

December 16, 2011

By medicalsocialworkerAC

American House located in Rochester Hills MI (on Adams Rd) is a pretty nice facility. I know I have heard various reviews about American House, but I think each location needs to be evaluated separately. This location is very clean and kept up very nice. The outside is very appealing and they make it look like luxury living senior housing. This location has many amenities that the residents seem to enjoy thoroughly. I have heard wonderful things about the activity department and the variety of activities provided for residents. One resident liked the options for housekeeping. She liked being able to choose if she wanted it done weekly or even every day. This same resident told me that the location of this location was important to her because it was close to most of the stores or pharmacies she would need to go to. She also was grateful for the transportation provided by the company. I give the staff at American House a 4/5- they are helpful and concerned about patient care and safety. I give the grounds a 5/5. I give the activities and amenities a 4.5/5. Overall, I think this American House location deserves a rating of 4.5/5.

Thanks for leaving a review! We’re glad you noticed our activities and amenities.

Photos of American House The Village Senior Living

About American House The Village Senior Living

Thank you for considering American House Village. Our continuum community is located on twenty two acres of wooded land in beautiful Rochester Hills, Michigan. We offer a range of independent senior living options including villas or apartments. We also offer the following amenities for your convenience:

• Patient Support Services on-site with 24 hour personal care services available
  • Personal and scheduled transportation
  • Daily continental breakfast including one hot breakfast item
  • Social Director with full recreational and cultural programs
  • Maintenance free independent apartment living
  • Indoor postal station

• Kitchenette
  • Temperature Control
  • Emergency Call System
  • Private Bathrooms

We look forward to welcoming you home to American House Village.

Map of American House The Village Senior Living