American House The Village Senior Living

3617 South Adams Rd., Rochester Hills, MI, 48309

Reviews of American House The Village Senior Living

Sheila5 September 30, 2013

I visited American House. Everything there was great. The rooms were of reasonable sizes. I saw a room that has one bedroom, a living room, and a kitchenette. It was fine. I did look at the board to see if they have activities and most of them were like word games and things like that. I was also disappointed that the rate they posted on their website was different from what they told me when I went there. It was way off underestimated. Apparently the price that they posted on their website was for independent living and I was looking for more of an assisted living because my relative is in need of a lot of help with her care.

Thanks for leaving your feedback. While we do have plenty of word game activities, we also have a variety of unique activities every month! I'm sorry you felt a bit misled by the prices that were posted online. Our assisted living services are offered at an "a la carte" price, so residents only pay for what they need. If you have any other concerns about cost or anything else, please feel free to call me directly.

Sincerely, Anne Tomlinson Executive Director (248) 853-6000

Chris20 April 30, 2013

I found one but I never got a chance to move her into American House. She rapidly went downhill. It's a very nice facility. Their prices are a lot better than some of the other places around town.

Thank you for your feedback, Chris20 — and very sorry we didn’t get a chance to get to know her. Take care!

Sincerely, Anne Tomlinson Executive Director 248-853-6000

pman123 November 21, 2012

In all, the facility was well maintained, organized, CLEAN, and inviting. All of the residence of American House seemed happy with their faculty. Apparently they are provided with different things to do around their apartment areas and are even allowed pets in to live with them which I see as a very nice thing. During my time there I was complimented by a great number of residence on my playing suggesting a really wonderful mood of the place, they obviously were compliant to live there despite the stereotype of it being a 'horribly secluded' place where you never got to see the outside world. It was quite the opposite. I listened to experiences of the elderly and had a good time myself. When I'm older id' like to live there myself!(: Don't have to see the horrors of what's happening to our generation and get to be around respectful young people all the time. Sounds like my kind of place.

It's always nice to hear that family members of our residents would like to live here themselves! Thank you for spreading the word that life at American House is your kind of place. We try to have a full schedule of fun activities and outings, so we would hate for anyone to be horribly secluded here! I hope you'll be coming back more since you had such a good time here yourself! Come in and say hello when you do - my door is always open.

Sincerely, Anne Tomlinson, Executive Director (248) 853-6000

medicalsocialworkerAC December 16, 2011

American House located in Rochester Hills MI (on Adams Rd) is a pretty nice facility. I know I have heard various reviews about American House, but I think each location needs to be evaluated separately. This location is very clean and kept up very nice. The outside is very appealing and they make it look like luxury living senior housing. This location has many amenities that the residents seem to enjoy thoroughly. I have heard wonderful things about the activity department and the variety of activities provided for residents. One resident liked the options for housekeeping. She liked being able to choose if she wanted it done weekly or even every day. This same resident told me that the location of this location was important to her because it was close to most of the stores or pharmacies she would need to go to. She also was grateful for the transportation provided by the company. I give the staff at American House a 4/5- they are helpful and concerned about patient care and safety. I give the grounds a 5/5. I give the activities and amenities a 4.5/5. Overall, I think this American House location deserves a rating of 4.5/5.

Thanks for leaving a review! We’re glad you noticed our activities and amenities.

From American House The Village Senior Living

Thank you for considering American House Village. Our continuum community is located on twenty two acres of wooded land in beautiful Rochester Hills, Michigan. We offer a range of independent senior living options including villas or apartments. We also offer the following amenities for your convenience:

• Patient Support Services on-site with 24 hour personal care services available
  • Personal and scheduled transportation
  • Daily continental breakfast including one hot breakfast item
  • Social Director with full recreational and cultural programs
  • Maintenance free independent apartment living
  • Indoor postal station

• Kitchenette
  • Temperature Control
  • Emergency Call System
  • Private Bathrooms

We look forward to welcoming you home to American House Village.

Location of American House The Village Senior Living