Pheasant Ridge Senior Living

4435 Pheasant Ridge Rd. SW, Roanoke, VA, 24014

Reviews of Pheasant Ridge Senior Living

Gail27 December 06, 2014

The room at Pheasant Ridge was small and dark; it was just the way the building was arranged, the rooms were so dark. My husband really needs the sunlight, and that was probably one of the things that bothered him a bit about it. When you went in, the entrance was very crowded. They had a welcoming desk where you had to sign in and out, but they had so much furniture in that area that if you had a lot of people who were in wheelchairs, it was very congested. The people were pleasant, and everyone had been very nice. I talked at length with the sales person, and she was very sympathetic to what I have been going through and was another person who was caring about the family, not just the residents. They had a lot of activity areas. They had places where you could go to cook if you wanted to. They had a little dining area -- a café kind of thing where you could go to get snacks during the day. Their dining room was broken up into two parts so it felt more spacious; they weren't all cramped in. The meal was excellent, and they had different choices. We ate different things that day, so the fact that you had a choice was nice.

India1 October 23, 2014

I like Pheasant Ridge as two friends of mine run it. They have a wonderful chef, the whole place is run like clockwork, the med techs are very caring people, and it is a neat facility; everything is great. They have people that come in and entertain, they have in house staff, bingo, they take them shopping, and churches come in. What I like best is how versatile they are, they try to accommodate, they try to go by the papers, they go and interview people to see if they can take care of their needs, and they honor their commitment.

Caring75182850 January 31, 2014

We chose Pheasant Ridge because for my mom because it was close to her home. It was a nice and clean facility. Everything went well and they helped her a lot. The staff was very good. They all liked them. She was in a shared room and it was spacious enough. She had her own dresser and phone. But they shared a TV. She liked the food. They had a game room, a little gym and she had her physical therapy. They had live music that came in on weekends. We had no problem with them.

Debbie76738650 January 31, 2014

I would give Pheasant Ridge an excellent rating. I would have no problems about sending somebody there. The one thing that I did like about them over the others is that they had options of doing both assisted living and independent living in the same building. I looked at the rooms and they were very nice and of good size. And the one thing about their apartment that was a plus is that they do have a full kitchen as oppose to just an efficiency-type kitchen.

Caring71058550 October 19, 2013

Although Pheasant Ridge is a very nice community, it is very, very expensive for what they have to offer. The rooms are tiny, but they have options for single or double rooms. The dining room is very nice.

rstr September 30, 2012

pheasant ridge assisted living facility is among the best that i have ever seen. before i decided to visit my family member who had been staying there at the time, i had heard lots of good things about the facility. i was pleasantly surprised, upon the visit, to discover that everything that i had heard about this facility was absolutely true. all of the residents seemed to be in as good spirits as possible, the facility was clean and organized, and the staff seemed very attentive and courteous to the needs of the residents who were staying there. it is one of my hopes that when i am an older american i will be allowed to stay in a facility as high-quality and affordable as pheasant ridge, in roanoke, virginia. i would highly recommend them to anyone who is seeking this kind of housing for themselves, a friend, or family member.

LP Roanoke August 09, 2012

The welcoming atmosphere is very special here, and engages residents to the fullest of their ability to participate. The staff seem happier than at most places. The facility is beautiful and clean. Our mother is currently living here and is about to transition from assisted living to memory care level. We've been really impressed with how on top of her situation the staff is, noticing small details and helping us understand the progress of her journey and how we can help her.

Tammy131 May 09, 2012

Pheasant Ridge is a well kept place for senior citizens to live in. You start off living on your own and as you age you go from living on your own to having a nurse visit you daily to going into the nursing home part of it. The staff is friendly and helpful. The scenary is beautiful. The food is great. And the cost of living is affordable. I would highly reccommend this place for anyone. We (my husband and I) are looking at this place for my inlaws to live in. We wouldn't let them go just anywhere because we wouldn't want to be put just anywhere. It's good enough for us so we know it's a gerat place for them to live out the rest of their lives.

MatthewS1 October 20, 2011

Pheasant Ridge is secluded Assisted Living Facility community just over a hill and out of sight from Roanoke, Virginia's Route 220. Its staff are very friendly and quick to reach out to ask somebody if they need help, especially when you have a confused look of not knowing one's way around like I did when touring the grounds. There were plenty of community groups and activities for seniors residing here. From Pet Therapy to a nicely designed Movie Theater for residents. This place is by far one of the nicest and reasonably priced assisted living communities I have found to date. There was one thing keeping this place from being a five star resort, lack of an ocean next to it! During my tour of the grounds I got to shoot a game of pool with an elderly gentleman named John. Rather than base my perception of the community as a whole from my own, I asked John what he thought of being a resident of Pheasant Ridge. John told me that "Pheasant Ridge scared him a little at first because he wasn't originally from this area and relocated here with his family that provided for his care at the facility. His son made it seem like he was going to a run down place that you would only see in movies or read about in books, to play a joke on him. After he got there, he was so shocked at how amazing it was there, between the friendships he developed and the wonderful people that have touched his life.". I decided I found the place I will be spending my later years in life.

From Pheasant Ridge Senior Living

There's no place like home. That's why we strive to make our community feel like home for our residents. Our community is designed for senior adults who wish to maintain their independent lifestyle, but may need some additional assistance to do so. Some of our services include:

• 24 hour on site care staff
  • Three delicious meals daily
  • Weekly housekeeping & linen
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Paid utilities, except phone/cable
  • On-site rehabilitation services
  • We provide personal assistance which includes (2) different levels of care. We have a specialized memory care unit on-site. We also provide respite care.

Pheasant Ridge offers a combination of services and amenities to complement your choice of activities within a beautiful, uplifting environment.

Our goal is to meet each resident's individual needs while maintaining the highest level of choice, dignity, privacy and respect. All in a home-like atmosphere.

Features of Pheasant Ridge Senior Living