Cave Spring Place

3585 Brambleton Ave., Roanoke, VA, 24018

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Cave Spring Place

February 19, 2015

I did get my aunt in Emeritus at Cave Spring, and she has been there for the last couple of months. For one thing, it is close to my house, so it is convenient. They have a workout room, and they have everything that she at this point in time needs. They offer many activities, but being 91, there's only so many that she can do. As for the staff, I'm working on some little things -- just getting it fine-tuned at this point for her needs. So far, everything is very good. I just have to fine tune some things that are not what I think they should be. As a general thing, it is going very well.

December 09, 2014

By SJD Lady

Very good Assisted Living facility? My mother was there four months and they were very good to her until her needs became more intense. As her dementia progressed she needed more one on one care. She has been moved to Emeritus Ridgeway Memory Care unit. With one attendant to every five residence it meets her needs at this stage.

August 07, 2014

By Elizabeth41

I like living here. In general it's a very nice place to stay. Food is good and nice new menu.

August 07, 2014

By Kathleen34

I'm glad to have great care. I enjoy being here. Food is pretty good. Thankful for help with meds, and scheduling. I don't have any complaints.

August 05, 2014

I like being around with people. I enjoy it here. I think it is very well managed. They do a wonderful job in the dining room. I enjoy 90% of the meals.

August 05, 2014

I like everyone at the facility. My experience at Emeritus at Cave Spring has been excellent. I have no complaints about staff. No dislikes about living here. I love our new activities director and all the new fun activities. Overall, I'm very happy with where I live.

August 04, 2014

The people are awfully nice. Sometimes the food is good. Sometimes it isn't. All the dining staff is good. I sometimes have difficulty understanding people with different accents. I appreciate when they let me know it is time for a meal.

By Norma11

I love it here. It is terrific. Everyone is nice to me and helps me. Before I came, I was lonely.

By Cheryl37

I feel like there are too many changes in staff. We just get used to someone and then they leave. I like our trips and outside functions activities out of the building. Staff is doing good and getting my medicines to me. I feel like the food is improving at times. I really liked our pasta station. It was nice to have something different.

By Longtime Resident

They give you what you need. They listen to your needs and are helpful to the residents. Some of my favorite activities are bingo, bowling and helping with activities.

July 24, 2014

It is a safe environment. Everyone is good to me. I take my gripes to the folks in the office. They listen and help me to resolve most issues. I am satisfied. I like people and I like where I live.

June 29, 2014

By king3333

I recently visited Emeritus at Cave Spring from driving by. To see these reviews after shocked me. I notice that some of them seem quite older and maybe adequate at the time. My visit was totally different. I met a few ladies that lived there. They spoke highly of staff and told me my mom would love it. You could tell they were genuine, becasue they approached me on my tour. The staff spoke as we passed by, housekeepers busy cleaning, and activities were happening in the main commons. The administrator here seemed so involved with these residents, as she talked about sitting outside with her feet in a pool with them as we arrived. the other places we visited, i did not even see an administrator, only sales people. I was pleased with my tour and impressed with the administrator.

June 26, 2014

We were very impressed with Emeritus. The rooms were adequate. The staff was wonderful. The executive director took us on a tour, and she is really great. The activities director is wonderful, and also the nursing director is really, really good. You could tell the residents love the staff. While we were taking the tour, we noticed that the residents there seemed more engaged than at the other places we visited; they seemed happy. We had lunch, and it was good. They have activities planned every day.

June 14, 2014

By Ksue2you71

I have to say when I was choosing a place for my mom, I read the reviews and was initially concerned. Well almost a year later, I couldn't be more pleased! My mom has dementia and needs some help with day to day activities and it was very difficult to choose for her to go anywhere but home. Since she moved in, she stays busy with activities and I look forward to visiting to hear her stories of her day. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The management are just as helpful with any question I have ever had. The facility is clean and very pretty. Mom is doing great and as hard as the decision was to make to move her, I am very glad we did!

April 16, 2014

By RXLOVE7

MY PARENT IS HERE. HOWEVER THE NURSING STAFF ARE FAIR. THEY SEEM TO BE PATIENT AND DO THEIR JOB. BUT THE ADMINISTRATION THERE IS RUDE DO NOT RETURN YOUR CALLS. ONCE THEY GET YOUR DOWNPAYMENT AND THINK YOU ARE STUCK WITH THEM THEY DONT SPEAK TO YOU. BEFORE MY PARENT WENT THERE THEY CALLED EVERDAY BOTHERING ME AND WERE SOOOOOO....... NICE NOW IF I NEED TO TALK WITH DIRECTOR OF NSG SHE IS ALWAYS IN A MEETING OR ON A CONFERENCE CALL EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK EVERY HOUR. THEN SHE PUTS HER CALLS ON VOICEMAIL AND SCREENS THEM ITS HER JOB TO PICK THE PHONE UP OR RETURN HER CALLS. SHE DOES NOT. I AM MOVING MY PARENT ASAP WAITING ON AVAILABLE BED. I WOULD RATE IT HIGHER BUT THE LEADERSHIP OVER THERE IS DISGRACEFUL.

September 25, 2013

By lovingyoumom

The nurses at this facility are great. Most of the other staff go around saying they "can't wait to get out of here" and "don't want to be here." The administrative staff are terrible. They are money focused and that is about all they care about. There are so many things wrong with this facility. If you have another choice with your family member, do it. Don't put them here.

October 07, 2012

By rstr

I recently had a relative enter Emeritus assisted living facility in Roanoke, Virginia, for an extended stay. Sadly, she had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's a year beforehand and was finding her day to day life increasingly difficult to manage. When I visited her in the facility, she was the happiest I had seen her in years. I attest this to the fact that Emeritus is a very quality assisted-living community which offers the most courteous staff I have come into contact with in a very long time. I truly felt like the employees at Emeritus cared about the patients who were under their watch, and were willing to give a little bit extra in order to make sure that they were comfortable and happy. I would highly recommend Emeritus as an assisted living facility to anyone who is looking for housing for a loved one who is getting along in age or may need assistance in their day to day lives.

July 30, 2012

By TBCook0220

This facility is normally very clean but the meals could use improvement. Overall it is a nice facility and the staff during the week is superb.

Photos of Cave Spring Place

Features of Cave Spring Place

About Cave Spring Place

Cave Spring Place is an assisted living facility in Roanoke, VA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Cave Spring Place for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Cave Spring Place