Brookdale Cave Spring

3585 Brambleton Ave., Roanoke, VA, 24018

Reviews of Brookdale Cave Spring

Caring106364150 February 19, 2015

I did get my aunt in Emeritus at Cave Spring, and she has been there for the last couple of months. For one thing, it is close to my house, so it is convenient. They have a workout room, and they have everything that she at this point in time needs. They offer many activities, but being 91, there's only so many that she can do. As for the staff, I'm working on some little things -- just getting it fine-tuned at this point for her needs. So far, everything is very good. I just have to fine tune some things that are not what I think they should be. As a general thing, it is going very well.

SJD Lady December 09, 2014

Very good Assisted Living facility? My mother was there four months and they were very good to her until her needs became more intense. As her dementia progressed she needed more one on one care. She has been moved to Emeritus Ridgeway Memory Care unit. With one attendant to every five residence it meets her needs at this stage.

Elizabeth41 August 07, 2014

I like living here. In general it's a very nice place to stay. Food is good and nice new menu.

Kathleen34 August 07, 2014

I'm glad to have great care. I enjoy being here. Food is pretty good. Thankful for help with meds, and scheduling. I don't have any complaints.

Caring96960350 August 05, 2014

I like being around with people. I enjoy it here. I think it is very well managed. They do a wonderful job in the dining room. I enjoy 90% of the meals.

Caring96959550 August 05, 2014

I like everyone at the facility. My experience at Emeritus at Cave Spring has been excellent. I have no complaints about staff. No dislikes about living here. I love our new activities director and all the new fun activities. Overall, I'm very happy with where I live.

Caring96896250 August 04, 2014

The people are awfully nice. Sometimes the food is good. Sometimes it isn't. All the dining staff is good. I sometimes have difficulty understanding people with different accents. I appreciate when they let me know it is time for a meal.

Norma11 July 24, 2014

I love it here. It is terrific. Everyone is nice to me and helps me. Before I came, I was lonely.

Cheryl37 July 24, 2014

I feel like there are too many changes in staff. We just get used to someone and then they leave. I like our trips and outside functions activities out of the building. Staff is doing good and getting my medicines to me. I feel like the food is improving at times. I really liked our pasta station. It was nice to have something different.

Longtime Resident July 24, 2014

They give you what you need. They listen to your needs and are helpful to the residents. Some of my favorite activities are bingo, bowling and helping with activities.

Caring96382350 July 24, 2014

It is a safe environment. Everyone is good to me. I take my gripes to the folks in the office. They listen and help me to resolve most issues. I am satisfied. I like people and I like where I live.

king3333 June 29, 2014

I recently visited Emeritus at Cave Spring from driving by. To see these reviews after shocked me. I notice that some of them seem quite older and maybe adequate at the time. My visit was totally different. I met a few ladies that lived there. They spoke highly of staff and told me my mom would love it. You could tell they were genuine, becasue they approached me on my tour. The staff spoke as we passed by, housekeepers busy cleaning, and activities were happening in the main commons. The administrator here seemed so involved with these residents, as she talked about sitting outside with her feet in a pool with them as we arrived. the other places we visited, i did not even see an administrator, only sales people. I was pleased with my tour and impressed with the administrator.

Caring87160750 June 26, 2014

We were very impressed with Emeritus. The rooms were adequate. The staff was wonderful. The executive director took us on a tour, and she is really great. The activities director is wonderful, and also the nursing director is really, really good. You could tell the residents love the staff. While we were taking the tour, we noticed that the residents there seemed more engaged than at the other places we visited; they seemed happy. We had lunch, and it was good. They have activities planned every day.

Ksue2you71 June 14, 2014

I have to say when I was choosing a place for my mom, I read the reviews and was initially concerned. Well almost a year later, I couldn't be more pleased! My mom has dementia and needs some help with day to day activities and it was very difficult to choose for her to go anywhere but home. Since she moved in, she stays busy with activities and I look forward to visiting to hear her stories of her day. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The management are just as helpful with any question I have ever had. The facility is clean and very pretty. Mom is doing great and as hard as the decision was to make to move her, I am very glad we did!

RXLOVE7 April 16, 2014

MY PARENT IS HERE. HOWEVER THE NURSING STAFF ARE FAIR. THEY SEEM TO BE PATIENT AND DO THEIR JOB. BUT THE ADMINISTRATION THERE IS RUDE DO NOT RETURN YOUR CALLS. ONCE THEY GET YOUR DOWNPAYMENT AND THINK YOU ARE STUCK WITH THEM THEY DONT SPEAK TO YOU. BEFORE MY PARENT WENT THERE THEY CALLED EVERDAY BOTHERING ME AND WERE SOOOOOO....... NICE NOW IF I NEED TO TALK WITH DIRECTOR OF NSG SHE IS ALWAYS IN A MEETING OR ON A CONFERENCE CALL EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK EVERY HOUR. THEN SHE PUTS HER CALLS ON VOICEMAIL AND SCREENS THEM ITS HER JOB TO PICK THE PHONE UP OR RETURN HER CALLS. SHE DOES NOT. I AM MOVING MY PARENT ASAP WAITING ON AVAILABLE BED. I WOULD RATE IT HIGHER BUT THE LEADERSHIP OVER THERE IS DISGRACEFUL.

lovingyoumom September 25, 2013

The nurses at this facility are great. Most of the other staff go around saying they "can't wait to get out of here" and "don't want to be here." The administrative staff are terrible. They are money focused and that is about all they care about. There are so many things wrong with this facility. If you have another choice with your family member, do it. Don't put them here.

rstr October 07, 2012

I recently had a relative enter Emeritus assisted living facility in Roanoke, Virginia, for an extended stay. Sadly, she had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's a year beforehand and was finding her day to day life increasingly difficult to manage. When I visited her in the facility, she was the happiest I had seen her in years. I attest this to the fact that Emeritus is a very quality assisted-living community which offers the most courteous staff I have come into contact with in a very long time. I truly felt like the employees at Emeritus cared about the patients who were under their watch, and were willing to give a little bit extra in order to make sure that they were comfortable and happy. I would highly recommend Emeritus as an assisted living facility to anyone who is looking for housing for a loved one who is getting along in age or may need assistance in their day to day lives.

TBCook0220 July 30, 2012

This facility is normally very clean but the meals could use improvement. Overall it is a nice facility and the staff during the week is superb.

From Brookdale Cave Spring

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Cave Spring