Atria Kinghaven

14800 King Road, Riverview, MI, 48192

Reviews of Atria Kinghaven

Caring111261950 August 14, 2015

Everything is great at Atria King Haven except the food. Sometimes they come up with something good, but most of it is horrible. I eat there four times a week with my parents who are in the facility. We were quite impressed with the rooms at this place. I am really happy with the place because the people are very caring.

We’re honored that your parents have chosen to be a part of the Atria family. We continually strive to enhance our service and have shared your concern with our culinary leadership team. Please feel free to share more with us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Bobbi11 July 31, 2015

We did see Atria Kinghaven, and it was fabulous. We love it. It was a warm and inviting center. They were so pleasant to talk and deal with. They took very good care of their clienteles. We talked with residents who were sitting in the common area, and they were friendly. They told us how nice it was. We were just very, very wowed with the whole place. They have a courtyard where they had seniors dance that they called Junior-Senior Prom. The students from a local high school were coming over to the center, and they were going to have a party where they go out and dance with the seniors. Isn't that a wonderful and fabulous idea? They have other things outside too. The day that we were there, they had somebody playing an organ, and she was playing music for the residents. In the common room area, the residents were sitting in there playing cards. They also have tables set up with puzzles that were half-worked. It was all very nice and oriented towards everybody having a nice time. Some of the ladies were stitching up dolls for children where are burn victims, and they would donate them to the burn center. They were also making crochet blankets for others. It was so nice and community-oriented; they were trying to provide a sense of worth to the residents, so that they would feel that they were contributing to their community as well as not being bored. I love it. It was wonderful!

Donald32 March 11, 2015

I have found Atria Kinghaven, and they meet my needs of having no steps. It’s right next door to the senior center and very convenient. It appears to be a very well run facility, it's clean, and I know about it. My mother-in-law was a resident there before, and I know that they have the accessory support that you need for helping you when you get it. She was there for a while, I went back, and it seems to be operating the same as when she was there. They have redecorated, and they still operate the dining room the same way. They have a barbershop, a medical office on site with a doctor, and a nurse that comes in.

My main concern was getting something without stairs, and I am still able to. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. They answered all my questions and were very upfront about charges. I found that it was a very pleasant place to visit and get information. The dining room was a little more formal, and the apartments were slightly larger.

Joyce102661450 February 20, 2015

My mom hasn't been there that long, but they seem very nice so far. She has an apartment that is very nice. It has two bedrooms and two baths. As for activities, they advertise over 200 a month. Every day is just filled with activities. They have cards, bingo, and movie nights. They have trips to take them places. They had a Valentines party and a Mardi Gras party. They just have a load of stuff. They have the door locked, and it seems to be good. The only thing I can say is that a lot of times you go up the door, one senior citizen sitting there will open the door for you. They have very nice and real friendly people. We wanted a place that was clean and well taken care of. We wanted a place where she has a lot of things to do and where she can meet people. She was very isolated beforehand so we wanted the activities to get her out to meet people. We wanted to make sure that it is clean, and the food is good. It is a beautiful dining room with a fireplace. It looks like a restaurant. They have tablecloths and cloth napkins and it was very nice. I have eaten there a couple of times, and what I had has been very good. Mom has complained some a couple of times, but she is a picky eater. We each had a couple of meals, and we went in and ordered different items. What I had was very good.

Rosemarie8 December 14, 2014

I visited Atria Kinghaven. It was a nice facility. Everybody seemed pleasant. I like it. I think it would be a good fit for my parents; they're just not yet willing to budge yet. The staff I dealt with was very helpful. The rooms/apartments were fair. However, they're coming from a good-sized ranch home to that; it would be small for them, but I don't think they would need much more room than that. They're not huge apartments, but they weren't bad. Regarding activities, they were doing crafts when I visited this place.

caring14232 January 07, 2014

My husband is a resident of Atria Kinghaven for over a month now. It's very nice. He has a bedroom, bathroom, living room and a small kitchenette so it's functional. The staff are very pleasant. He has MI so every time he falls, they call me. They really keep in touch with the spouse, I think that's really important. Once in a while, I have dinner with him. The food is good.

Diane38 September 26, 2013

My dad is at Atria and it is a really nice facility. He loves the facility and he had no issue with it at all. He was very happy there and they assisted him in every way they could. He gets a lot of help there. The facility has a lot of nice people. They really went their way to help the residents. They also have different events going on. That was a good place for him to be. It's really a wonderful place. If you could afford it, it's a good place.

Leaf5 September 26, 2013

Atria Kinghaven was very close to my house. They had something to do every day like card games, movies, bingo and exercise classes. The food was also great.

Caring Daughter18 September 20, 2013

I did visit Atria Kinghaven for my dad. It was a short trip, but they were very hospitable and willing to answer any questions that I had at that time. The place was clean. The residents looked happy. I wasn't able to check their rooms. However, based on my visit, I would give this facility overall a high rating.

Michael21 June 29, 2013

The place is really nice and the person that toured us around Atria Kinghaven is awesome. It's a beautiful place. One thing that is good about the place is you can actually get two rooms and two bathrooms if you want and that's what my parents wanted. The staff were accommodating. They have all the activities that you can think of. They have movie nights. They did have Memorial Day party and they actually had a Hawaiian night too and that was really cool. Their dining room looked kind of standard. The place does not look like assisted living. It looks actually mainly almost like an apartment. The place is a lot more homey, so that what's stands out the most.

danekk December 04, 2012

I am rating low for one simple reason. We moved my mother-in-law into this facility in 2010. They raised their rates 6.4% for 2011, 8.4% for 2012 and now 8.7% for 2013 and each year they have used the exact same wording for the raionale (or at least part of it). I quote, In an time when many companies are limiting employee benefits, we continue to offer our employees competive wages, merit increases, health insurance, 401K contributions & other important benefits". We're talking (mostly) about housekeepers, meal servers, delivery drivers (to quote their communication) ... good for them, I guess, but bad for all the residents on fixed incomes!

Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate hearing from our customers and their families so that we can constantly improve the living and working environments for our residents and staff, continually striving to exceed expectations. While rate increases are never pleasant, it is very important to make sure that we maintain competitive benefits for employees to be able to fulfill the desire of our residents to have consistency in who provides them with care and services. I hope that your mother-in-law has been pleased with our staff and the quality of the services they have provided to her. I encourage you to contact us if you would like to discuss the reasons for the rate increase in more detail or any other concern you may have. Please email us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the community name in your subject line.

MichiganGCM1 January 28, 2012

Atria Kinghaven offers both independent living and assisted living. I have a client there.It's located in Riverview, an older suburb of Detroit. It's on a very busy road, but the parking is good, and they have a van to take residents around.The staff for the independent living part of Atria Kinghaven is very hospitality oriented--responsive and knowledgeable. But they bring in an outside team for the assisted living part.The facility itself is large--probably 75-100 units--and is clean and well maintained. They have a good layout and a nice dining area, and the grounds are well kept, with benches for sitting. The apartments are one-bedroom units, with a full kitchen and bathroom with handicap access. They also have good closet space.I haven't eaten the food, so I can't speak to that. But they have a full activities calendar.

chelsea2 November 02, 2011

My Grandmother was a resident in this facility and the staff was very rude to the family and did not care about my grandmother. They never gave her, her medicine on time and would not change her bedding or clothing when needed. I wouldn't recommend this place for anyone. The owner of the business is just in it for the money. The workers seem all nice but at the end of the day they just really don't care. I think the people here just get you to think it's a nice facility by the wonderful furnishings but they way people are treated it terrible. I'll never let another family member be placed there again no matter how convenient it is or anything.

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to learn that your family's experience with Atria Kinghaven was not up to the high standard Atria sets for all of its senior living communities. We strive to continually improve the experience of all residents and families and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your grandmother's stay with us in more detail. If you are willing, please email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include the community name in the subject line.

Shelbie October 19, 2011

My husband's grandmother lived here before she passed. Atria Kinghaven is a wonderful place! Grandma was able to "live on her own" while at the same time socializing with others and receiving the care that she needed. We never had to worry about her. There were nurses that would come in to Grandma's apartment if she needed care, and she also was able to get her hair fixed right there in the comfort of her own home. The staff was wonderful, and we always felt welcome when we visited. The facility had special "family days" where we could visit and do things with Grandma. My children attended every year and loved it. They had face painting and games along with picnic-type food. They also had games, like Bingo, that were set nights every week. I would highly recommend Atria Kinghaven to others. It is a place that gives others a sense of "being on their own while at the same time making it enjoyable.

MichiganGCM August 04, 2011

Both the independent living and assisted living services are provided by Atria staff.

7Crazy May 25, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

A very close family friend of mine, named Susan, was staying with Atria Kinghaven about 6 months ago. She was an elderly woman who had no family. My father and I made a point to visit her at least once a week. We were nervous that an elderly woman without family coming to visit could be neglected. Every time we went to visit, Susan was clean, and happy. She had her own private bedroom that was decorated beautifully. She would tell us about video night and craft night. She was very happy there. Susan enjoyed those small stained glass painting kits. There was a young girl who worked there, I think her name was Stephanie. Stephanie would bring them in for her and spend her lunch visiting Susan and painting. The experience was great.

From Atria Kinghaven

Atria Kinghaven offers residents a lifestyle of ease and comfort. Invite family and friends for a stroll around the six-acre campus or for a game of billiards in the billiards room. Atria Kinghaven is conveniently located near parks, shopping areas, restaurants, and is just fifteen minutes from downtown Detroit.

Atria Kinghaven offers the following services:

• Staff available 24-hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartments, community, and grounds
  • Medication assistance