The Grove Care and Wellness

3401 Lemon St., Riverside, CA, 92501

Reviews of The Grove Care and Wellness

Elizabeth K. January 13, 2016

We went to The Grove Care and Wellness. I thought it was very nice, and the price was very good. I was very impressed. I thought it was a place that my sister should go. I was only there on a quick visit, but the staff was very nice and courteous. I saw a couple of rooms that were very nice, like a nice studio and a one-bedroom apartment that impressed me. The rooms were bigger than I had seen in other places. I like the facility. The rooms were larger and nice, so it was good.

Ila218 September 19, 2015

Because this was advertised as a five star facility & the fact that it looks clean & nice, we decided to choose this place as a suitable rehab for our dad. The first day was good, we had nurse Brenda & Brianna & they were wonderful. As the days went by, the quality of care spiraled downward. There are a lot of nurses & cna's that do not seem to care about their patients. Our dad needed around the clock care & was placed on the 2nd floor which is where they have patients with the same around the clock care. Rounds were not done often enough & they got records and medicines confused. We complained to the social worker (Lily) and she promised changes but did not follow through. They would leave our dad in his wheelchair for hours at a time and he'd ask to go back to bed & they would say they were too busy and he had to wait to get back into bed. Also, he got scolded for using the call button because he needed help sitting up & the nurse on duty told him she had too many patients and could not help him. This place really needs to work on training their staff or acquiring more staff if they are really that short. As stated earlier, we complained about all this, they apologized & said changes were going to be made but haven't been. Look elsewhere for a place that has great staff if your family member needs to be admitted for more than a couple of weeks.

Sheryl13 August 15, 2015

The Grove Care and Wellness had a very small elevator. The rooms were smaller and less equipped. It was an older building that has been renovated.

Kim108615950 June 08, 2015

We love The Grove Care and Wellness. It is very clean and very nice. It is also in a really good location. My mom and my step father have a private room. It is not huge, but is it a good size for them. Mom says most of the meals are very good. The dining area is pretty and spacious. They have a bunch of activities like bingo, going to the casino, cooking classes, arts and crafts, and bible studies. The staff has been very accommodating.

Jeannine2 November 27, 2013

We visited Plymouth Tower Care and Living Center. The presentation and their room were very nice. They had a new physical therapy unit and any of the clients could use it. I did like the therapy. However, I was kind of concerned because I asked about the caregivers and they say they had them on the property, but I never any of them.

Jedous2 February 28, 2012

While the facility itself is in a nice location, and the rooms and grounds are clean and taken care of, I didn't care for the staff who were assisting my dad. He was recovering from a stroke and, despite the fact that all of his kids would have loved to let him live with us, we all knew that he needed the extra care an assisted living facility could give. I was disappointed in the way the staff, particularly Nurse Alice, ignored repeated requests from my father. It seemed to me as though she couldn't be bothered with any of his needs. I wasn't comfortable with leaving him there for any length of time and it broke my heart when it was recommended by the doctors that we do so. I didn't think the staff gave enough of the attention that a recovering stroke patient required. They would check on him once a day, but with his left side paralyzed, I expected there to be round the clock attention. I was wrong. One of our happiest days was when the doctors release my dad and he was able to come home with me and my family.

From The Grove Care and Wellness

Welcome to The Grove Care and Wellness, the premiere senior living community in Riverside!

We never forget that you’re our valued guest, and the reason we’re here! We strive to make sure your day is filled with the caliber of service that makes you feel comfortable and safe. You’ll find the entire staff will know you by name, and each day when we greet you, we’ll ask you how you are, and whether there is anything we can do for you. If you have a special request, please don’t hesitate to ask. That’s why we’re here – for you!

Our Activities Program is full of fun, informative, and entertaining events for everyone. Each day there are plenty of activities to not only keep you busy, but you will find it is a great place where you can go to socialize with others during your stay. Join us for ice cream socials, arts and crafts classes, music appreciation, current events, or a cooking class. We also feature many local artists and musicians showing off their talents. Once you arrive, the Activities Department will discuss your interests and hobbies and assess your activity level with you and your family. A custom and personalized program will then be developed to meet your individual needs.

Features of The Grove Care and Wellness