Sunrise at Canyon Crest

5265 Chapala Drive, Riverside, CA, 92507

Reviews of Sunrise at Canyon Crest

Patsy10 December 06, 2014

Sunrise at Canyon Crest had a wonderful staff, and they were very caring. If there were any issues, they'd call and let us know. My friend's mother was in the Alzheimer's unit which had just bedrooms. It had a common eating place, which was very nice. It was set up restaurant style so that people could visit with other people. They had chair exercises, chair dancing, and tea parties. I certainly would recommend this facility, but it is probably not affordable for everybody. I liked best the care.

Caring1762 October 25, 2014

Sunrise at Canyon Crest is absolutely perfect; it’s so relaxed there and they have coziness the minute you walked in. They have rooms, and a little cove off of the center of the main building so all around there are little clusters of bedrooms and a short hallway that would have three or four bedrooms so that you are close to the center all the time. In that big center is a living room, several little places to eat, plus a larger dining room with tables that seats maybe 10 people, windowed little side room, and windows to the inside too so it’s wide open that way. If you want to meet with a group or have a birthday party or something, you could be off to the side. It was just wonderful and also had memory care. What I like most in this community is their togetherness. While we were there walking through the central area, there were people wandering curious, and it’s just a very cozy feeling. The sofas looked warm and inviting with pillows and this is where we want to go.

Caring77153550 September 09, 2014

I chose Sunrise because I liked the people. But they had a lady manager who was managing me. She was not so nice, but the others seemed very nice. You’re not gonna like this, but I was there for two weeks and they won’t give me back my walker. So I wasn’t really pleased. I was also under problems because they would not let me have my grab bar, which means I can’t get up in bed. But I got my refund back, that was nice. The buildings were attractive. I was not engaged in any activities particularly, but they had one that was kind of nice. Somebody was coming in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They had some people come in and play music for us.

Thank you for your review. We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com

Caring88710550 July 31, 2014

We visited Sunrise. It was good. That was our second choice. I like the layout of the facility. I would rate the staff very high.

John86201850 June 17, 2014

We visited Sunrise, and it was a beautiful place. They were very accommodating. However, they don't have a two-bedroom apartment.

Melody4 May 10, 2014

Our favorite facility that we visited was Sunrise at Canyon Crest. This is a smaller facility, just one story, and everything was based in a circle. They made a requirement that the residents should tend at least one or two a week of the activities, which we liked because my mother-in-law tends to be more withdrawn, and she probably would lock herself in her room. So we kind of like that because that would help her get out. The people there were very friendly. I ended up having a talk to a lady who lives there, and she was ranting about how amazing the food was.

Jeff17 March 27, 2014

I went to Sunrise at Canyon Crest, and that is a nice facility. It’s very clean and neat. The people were friendly. Looking at the menu, the food was fine. I think the location is very good. Everything looked very good.

Caring72574650 October 15, 2013

Sunrise was very good. The facility had a homey feel. They had four or five self-contained facilities with smaller number of occupants and were in a higher level of care. I liked and was most impressed with the staff. They had larger rooms. They had activities like exercise class. I would recommend them to others.

Daughter Dearest August 12, 2013

Sunrise is a lovely home with a clean and bright interior, well kept landscaping and some spectacular views.The staff is patient and caring. My person has been living at Sunrise for eight months. She is very busy doing purposeful things. She is content and her health has improved. I recommend Sunrise!

KK2 December 11, 2012

This residence is very clean and homey. The food is tasty and nutritious. There are lots of activities to keep residents active, alert, and genuinely productive. For example, the kitchen serves produce which the residents grow. The staff is accommodating. When visiting cottage 3, which is designated for residents with severe cognitive impairment who might wander, I noticed that the residents were all clean, dressed, and up and about. They seemed quite content.

mvlcap May 16, 2012

My experience with this assisted living provider was always pleasant. The accommodation was ideal, with each person receiving their own room and only about 10-15 people per 'cottage'. There would be group activities such as crafts or exercising in the main house to encourage inter-cottage relationships. The staff was always pleasant and helpful and there was a small medical team, dentist, and beautician on site. There was also a free shuttle service for those who were able and wanting to go shopping. All food was made on-site in view of the residents of each cottage. Each meal was healthy and balanced with several options per meal. On site were also several 'lock-down' cottages to house those with dementia. Despite not being let outside unsupervised, these cottages worked just like the rest with no difference in care or aptitude of the staff. Staff was always around to help and answer questions for both family members and residents.

Chinky January 28, 2012

The facility was clean and has good welcoming vibe. The elderly looks comfortable living there. The location was good it was near a sloped road, but it seems secured. They have programs that seems to stimulate older people. This is I think very important for an assisted living home. Since, most of them are bored and needs things to do. They have allotted time to socialize and the staff are very friendly. It seems like the people that are working there are knowledgeable of what to do incase of emergency. I think this is a good place for an elderly to be in. Although, it is near riverside. The place seemed very safe. They are also, near commercial areas. So, that's a good thing.

TasticWhit June 22, 2011

When attending Sunrise Assisted Living, I provided donated blankets to the seniors living there. In my short visit there (only a few hours), I noticed that the staff at assisted living was very kind and helpful, not only to the individuals living there, but to those who visited. Many of the people who lived there were happy and free to go about the rooms without being overly restricted by staff. However, there were no issues and all the residents seemed to enjoy being with the staff, visitors, and each other. It was a great visit and was exemplary in many respects.

From Sunrise at Canyon Crest

Located just minutes from "the historic Mission Inn," Sunrise at Canyon Crest sits next to the Canyon Crest Country Club and Golf Course in Riverside, California. We pride ourselves in our home-like setting and individualized service plans.

Step into a Sunrise assisted living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Our community is the only community that is one story cottage style more homelike feel with Designated Care Managers in each cottage. Higher level of care than most assited living communities allowing our residents to age in place without having to make another move.

Features of Sunrise at Canyon Crest

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Dining extra: all rooms include kitchenettes and walk in showers

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Staff patient ratio: variable staffing ratios based on census and level of care needs
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: 336403028
  • State License(s): 336403028

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise at Canyon Crest