Brookdale Rio Rancho

1000 Riverview Dr. SE, Rio Rancho, NM, 87124

Reviews of Brookdale Rio Rancho

Anonymous120878950 December 16, 2015

I receive full service provided.

Caring104988150 April 25, 2015

I did visit Emeritus at Sandia Springs, and I was happy with it. I liked the activities and its neatness. It looked very nice, and it was well kept. The people were very courteous. I was very impressed.

Cathy102655950 March 07, 2015

Emeritus had some nice features. Everybody has lockets around their necks so that if they fall down, everybody is alerted. It was very small in regards to the residents’ quarters. I like the security systems they had.

The surroundings were very nice, and they were being remodeled. Everybody was at the table in the dining room when I went there. I had met the activity director, and they were welcoming and friendly.

kiefc November 13, 2014

My mother has lived here for over a year. It is an excellent place. The social director Christina is great. The real quality is the folks that care for mom at night and on the weekends. Folks like Sue and Louis make it easy for me to relax and know my mom is being taken care of in a caring and professional manner.
Craig

Caring95420450 November 06, 2014

Emeritus had little cottages which were like little duplexes, and it looked very ample and very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. I had lunch there, and it was very good. They had a number of activities. They had a cooking program for microwaves, they had a library, and they had a game room.

Caring30661 October 05, 2014

Emeritus was more caring and involved with the people there, and the rooms are better. They have cooking classes and a lot of different activities going on to keep my dad busy. I would recommend this place for a higher level of care.

Irma1 August 28, 2014

Emeritus at Sandia Springs is very clean, very pretty, and very nice. I just kind of like the surroundings and how clean it was. The staff is also very nice. They gave us a really good tour. The food was good. I would give it a five only because of what I have experienced in that one day, but I don't stay there and I don't know everything that is going on right now with my in-laws who are living in one of their little cottages.

Patricia87889650 July 20, 2014

Emeritus at Sandia Springs was OK. The dining room looked nice, but I didn't eat there. However, I didn't like that it was kind of dark. The rooms were VERY small, too. The people didn't seem much involved; the residents were just sitting around in wheelchairs, and they seemed not happy.

WI February 05, 2014

this place felt right for my mother in law and brother in law from the time I visited the first time. It is a bit smaller, and close to many things my brother in law will want to drive to. He does not drive freeways and this place is accessible by driving on state highways to get to our house which is outside of the city. The progression from assisted living to memory care option was important to me, and I felt good about their level of monitoring over their residents, and ended up placing my mother in law in assisted living for now.

Caring73453050 November 21, 2013

I've already decided where I'm going. I'm not moving right at this moment. I can't handle it right now but I've already put a deposit and I'm ready to move to Emeritus. I have a cottage there. The food is fine and they have all kinds of activities.

Gloria15 October 09, 2013

Emeritus was too expensive for me. The place was pretty large and I really didn't like that. The management was pretty nice. However, you have to bring your own furniture and you have to take your clothes out to be washed, and you do this and do that, and so well, I might as well stay at home.

Gina R. August 01, 2013

My dad was able to stay at Emeritus at Sandia Springs for a month. The staff was very nice. We loved all the medtechs. The food was good and my dad ate it. One thing we didn't like was when he got there, everything that they had promised that they were going to do to help us, they didn't do without us having to really stay on them. We got him a studio and the size was perfect for him. When he first moved in, we really had to get on them to clean it like they promised us that it would be cleaned.

Dolores3 May 31, 2013

We made appointments at Sandia Springs and the staff were very courteous, good, nice and always there for us. They had a three choices on the food menu and it was delicious. The rooms were clean and there were a lot of activities also. It would be better if they had some discounts on the first couple of months.

Extremely Unhappy October 30, 2012

I could write an entire book but I won't. All I will say is don't even consider this place for your family member or loved one. WAY under staffed, never returns phone calls, no longer does face to face assessments, just wants you to stop by and sign a piece of paper, food is not food, just a bad bad place. I am finding my Mother a new home - can't take this place any longer! They are detrimental to her health.... I didn't even want to click on a star to rate but I had to, I wouldn't even give them 1 star

Daughter of resident August 27, 2012

Mother is a cottage resident of Sandia Springs since about 2009 or 2010. The food service is very poor, too much salt, poor diet choices, meals delivery to cottage is spotty to extremely slow. We now have the much better daily food delivery service from the nearby Meadow Lark senior center. The food is very good. It's also on a suggested donation basis. Check maintenance requests and resolution records. Thermostats are too difficult for operation by even middle aged family members. The maintenance staff has been drastically reduced and the overall infrastructure is old and is running to failure. Mother has had numerous requests for maintenance that have gone months without addressing the worst being a door lock that was too difficult to lock properly. There are no screen doors as a second level of safety. The peep holes are too high. There was an electrical blow-out problem with the heater over Christmas and we had to vacate the property on Christmas eve due to fumes. I'm glad I was there to help.
As of today mother has been without air conditioning for 36 hours. Seems like a health concern. Mother raked her own leaves last fall since they were long overdue. Check the dining hall during lunch time. There are considerable waits for food due to the inefficient methods of serving. Also those with minimum care to extreme care eat in the same dining hall. Seems like separating more capable from the assisted would keep spirits up. It isn't fun to see someone loosing control of their food, or other bodily functions at meal time. Also the pull cord for emergencies would chirp randomly and would have to be manually turned off by mother. As of now I'm not sure they're even functional. Talk to residents in the cottages if you want more information. This is meant to inform you of our experiences. The positives: Mom enjoys her meal companions and the socialization. Holiday meals are better than the usual fare. Mom's still there because she's too aged to handle big routine changes.
If you're looking for a place that offers personal services be sure it's not institutional. I would only move mother into the assisted living center if she lost total memory or was in hospice. The costs are extremely high for the value delivered.

dlhamlin January 02, 2012

I think the contract process could use some TLC. It's overwhelming for all. There could be more assistant to financial aide, especially for a vet. Our room was not ready when scheduled, and paid for. Not even living there yet and every uneasy about everything.

ZineHowa July 30, 2011

We took a walk through of this place about a week ago. We are trying to find a place for my father in law because he has gotten to the point where we cant take care of him alone any more. his health is failing slowly but he can still do alot for himself. so we toured this place and from my point of view it was really nice. it looked very clean and well kept. It seemed like the people there were happy and enjoyed living there. That is somthing that is important to my husband and i. we had a tour of another place and the people just looked so unhappy like they wornt being treated well. we dont want to put our father in a place like that. we want to make shure he will get the help he needs and sandia springs seems like it would be a nice place. I wish i would have talked to some of the people living there and got there point of view.

From Brookdale Rio Rancho

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Rio Rancho

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Hospice care

• Housing extra: Cottages

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 15 to 1 per state regulations
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: ALF

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Rio Rancho