Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings

640 Danbury Road, Ridgefield, CT, 06877

Reviews of Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings

Nancy102921950 February 27, 2015

Ridgefield Crossings was beautiful. They had very nice people and a very nice ambience; everything was nice, but they wouldn't take my brother-in-law. However, the staff was very nice, very friendly, and very helpful. The residents were all into their activities and enjoying them. I also saw the dining area. It was very nice. I was so sorry my brother-in-law couldn't go in there.

Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director (203-431-2255) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Dan26 August 01, 2014

Ridgefield Crossing was the best facility I saw in terms of activities and the quality of the food and the rooms. The cost, however, was too high for my mother. We looked at the one bedroom apartment. The rooms were very clean and modern. They had over a dozen activities directors. The staff looked to be excellent.

Caring72765450 October 22, 2013

My mother was at Ridgefield Crossings 7 years ago and she left and went to another facility and then she came back when I needed her closer to me but she's on the dementia floor now. The facility is 20 years old but they keep it very nice. It's convenient and it's a good community. The rooms are very pretty and very impressive. In the beginning, the staff said all the right things but they don't have a nurse there at night time. They had an on-call nurse at night time which is not good for Alzheimer's and dementia units. I have to hire an aide on top of paying all that money. It's expensive and the food is not great.

filbert92 August 06, 2013

The place is nice but seems significantly understaffed. There is little initiative on their part until/unless a family member intervenes.

We are very sorry for the experiences you've had at Ridgefield Crossings. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. We take our staffing levels very seriously and are very proud of our variable staffing model which is designed to match our team staffing to our resident population and needs. I encourage you to reach out to the Executive Director regarding your concerns as it is our goal to customize care and services to the particular needs of each individual resident. If you would like to speak to someone at our Corporate Offices regarding staffing please reach out through info@benchmarkquality.com

Caring3156 May 29, 2013

I've been looking for different facilities not so far from my son's place and Ridgefield Crossings Senior Living is about half an hour from him. The place was immaculate clean. The staff were wonderful, very warm, and friendly. The food appeared to be adequate. They had a varied menu and give three meals a day. They said that they had wood working and art classes, but the wood working shop was a joke. Overall, we just felt that it's not the kind of place that we would go. It was also overpriced.

ctjeepdad September 20, 2012

Everything about this facility seemed top notch. The main entrance left a bit to be desired, especially with an ambulance blocking it who was picking up someone who had a heart attack. That seemed to set a poor mood, but despite tat the facility was clean, spacious,modern with a gorgeous main living section for those who we able to get up and about- This section seemed more like a retirement community than a living center.

resident's daughter September 14, 2012

The caregivers are warm, caring and patient. They honestly seem to enjoy their work and like the residents.

David S August 20, 2012

Ridgefield Crossing is a well designed and well run facility. Although he had dementia, as a resident my father appeared to be very comfortable with the facility and the care provided. I always found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. The layout of the facility, with its center courtyard is very peaceful and well maintained. I especially like that residents can enjoy the outdoors and there is no possibility that a resident could accidentally wander off and get lost. The cafeteria is very pleasant and has a restaurant feel to it. Although I didn't taste the food, it actually looked very appetizing. Entry and exit doors for visitors in the dementia unit are very discreet and require a passcode so, again, the residents are protected from wandering off. Family members are allowed to visit any time of the day or night without notice. The exercise facility has a variety of equipment and is well maintained. The supervising staff of the exercise facility were also cheerful and very helpful. I would easily recommend Ridgefield Crossing to anyone in need of assisted living.

From Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings

In addition to assisted living and The Harbor Program, Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings in Ridgefield, Connecticut, has launched an innovative program for those facing Alzheimer's disease and memory loss. The Lighthouse Club serves as a beacon for seniors who are beginning to experience mild memory impairment. As a highly personalized program, The Lighthouse Club helps residents remain active, engaged and stimulated.

Developed in collaboration with memory impairment specialists, The Lighthouse Club starts every morning after breakfast and concludes at dinnertime. Residents enjoy a variety of activities throughout the day and they receive the personal attention they need to live well and with dignity at Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings.

number and variety of activities, with 16 activity managers onsite! three distinct neighborhoods with three levels of memory care, from fully Independent memory residents, to early memory loss residents (on our Lighthouse Community) to a community for more advanced memory loss (on our Harbor Community). Proximity to Founders Hall, a premier senior educational center nationwide - located 2 miles from our door

Features of Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Golf
  • General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Washer/dryer in apt

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Staff patient ratio: variable
  • Minimum age: None

• Licenses: we are a licensed assisted living facility in the state of CT

• We help families understand VA benefits