Sunrise at Bon Air

2105 Cranbeck Road, Richmond, VA, 23235

Reviews of Sunrise at Bon Air

Caring110476750 July 14, 2015

I was impressed with Sunrise at Bon Air. They just didn't quite have enough facility. They don't go any further than assisted living. They were excellent, but my sister was just too sick to be there. The staff seemed very nice. The room that I saw was very nice. I saw the results of some things they had done -- like making hats -- which was very good. It was neat, clean, friendly, and it had a much better atmosphere about it.

Terry48 March 31, 2015

I visited Sunrise at Bon Air. My mom hasn't moved in there, but we chose this place for her to move into because the staff seemed really caring and they had activities throughout the day. When we were there, they were having a St. Patrick's Day party. About the room my mother picked, it is a studio which faces the courtyard. In the middle of the facility, they have a courtyard with benches and tables. They have other sitting areas. As for the food, the menu looked good. We like the community a lot. We saw so many communities and Sunrise at Bon Air was our favorite. It was more of a homey feeling. Some of the facilities we visited were too big and some of them felt like you're walking in a hotel, this one seemed more homey.

Caring107446550 March 11, 2015

My husband was in Sunrise for a while. He went there for respite, and he did have a room on his own. It wasn't really a bad experience, but it didn't compare to his new facility. The memory unit looked to me like it was over capacity. It wasn't large enough in my opinion to have the number of people they have in there. I didn't try eating there, but I would say it was adequate. It wasn't good home cooking style like what he's getting now. I don't like to judge these places because the people were good. I wouldn't recommend for or recommend against it. I would just tell them what my preferences are. We did not have any bad experiences there. It just wasn't as comfortable for him. His room was not convenient to the nurse's station. I don't even know where the nurse's station was in Sunrise, but they never ever mistreat anybody.

Caring101851950 February 10, 2015

I didn't care for Sunrise at Bon Air. It was a little too small and too crowded for me. The facility was very clean-looking. There wasn't a whole lot of property around it. It is in a very busy part of Richmond. It has a kind of a country-Western thing, which isn't anything I'm interested in. They had quite a few different activities. I thought there should have been more than what they had. The staff was very friendly.

Caring105860950 February 10, 2015

We were looking for a short-term engagement for my father-in-law, and Sunrise at Bon Air was adequate. He basically has a studio with a kitchenette and full bath. The staff are nice. They have activities, kind of local culture activities, singing, and games. The location is what impressed me the most, and it's pretty much at par with any of the assisted living facilities you come across.

Tktracy January 16, 2015

My mother has been a resident here for 3 years. Before she moved in, we were thrilled - the decor is lovely, the staff seemed attentive. However, the actual care provided is awful. The staff are negligent and hostile. They were argumentative and disrespectful to my mother, scolding her like a little child, lording priviledges and her small requests over her like she was an annoyance, rather than the reason they have a job. When i would visit, the staff were almost always hanging out together, chatting or staring at their phones. My mother lives somewhere else now, but if you are considering this place, please look around a little more.

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns. We’d like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise so we may follow up. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

Patricia82068850 October 16, 2014

We visited Sunrise. We liked the size of the rooms. It was spacious for a one bedroom space. We liked the staff. They seemed to be adequate. Some of them seemed engrossed with the patients, and a few of them didn't seem that way. We liked the patient's care. There were a lot of activities. They had recreational activities. They do arts and crafts and bingo. However, it felt like a facility to me, and I wouldn't call it homey. It was also a little too expensive for us.

Kurt4 September 23, 2014

My dad has an age-related dementia, so he is quiet and introverted. We choose to move him to Sunrise of Bon Air because it is a smaller facility. It's layout has two or three smaller suite type set up with about 15 people each who live together in a community setting. They had a smaller dining facility for each suite. Each individual has his own room and they have multiple sizes to select from. The common areas are smaller also. So, it is a little more homey care and a more one-one with the caregivers. Everybody seems to know one another and it has a good feel to it. They work well together. We just have a couple of issues with communications that I am able to discuss with the director and they correct it. They have an internal program where they meet and communicate with the staff regularly. They want to know if you have a problem and they ask that you contact them so that they can correct problems.

I sit down with my dad and eat there. I am also able to sit and talk to the residents while they are eating. My dad is vegetarian, but he eats white meat and they have options every day for non-meat eaters. That works out for him. They have a chef that is on staff that prepares the meal. The food is good, tasty and well balance.

On summer, they go out on a lake and they have fishing trip. They go bowling. They go out to restaurants and malls. They have church service on Sundays. All of these things are very well attended as far as I know.

Caring82224150 July 23, 2014

I liked Sunrise at Bon Air better than the other ones. In the memory care unit where my mother is, they were actually sitting up and doing things. The staff is very nice. They have plenty of people there for every staff member. Every time I go visit her, she is bathed and clean. She seems happy and that is all that matters. The food is decent and healthy. One time I was there, they were doing arts and crafts things. She made me some nice little pretty pictures like my kids used to make me when they were in kindergarten. She has a suite, and her room is fine.

Jennifer34 May 29, 2014

I really like Sunrise at Bon Air for my grandparents. We love it. It was very bright. The room that we were looking at was perfect for them. Everybody was friendly and couldn't have been nicer. The staff was great. The dining room was very nice. They showed us different menus, and it looked really good. For activities, they had a hair place and exercises.

karenvt May 23, 2012

Excellent care for dementia patient. Caring and attentive.

From Sunrise at Bon Air

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Location of Sunrise at Bon Air