St. Mary's Woods

1257 Marywood Lane, Richmond, VA, 23229

Reviews of St. Mary's Woods

Richmonder June 25, 2012

My grandmother stays at this location and she loves it. It's very well lit inside and the staff is very helpful. She has already made many friends after only being there a couple months. It's location is set back in the woods by a church and apartment complex that share the same name. Being set against the trees makes it very peaceful and relaxing for those living there. The parking lot is ample for guests, residents, and the staff; we never have a hard time finding somewhere close to park. When you drive up there are always several social, happy residents relaxing in chairs near the drop-off loop. Inside there is a sizeable library and social room. My grandmother raves about how much fun she has there and I've seen her actually become visibly happier and more energetic since she begun her stay. I would recommend this facility to anyone, and my family and I are glad she is enjoying herself so much.

ClaireLaura June 23, 2012

My grandmother was looking to move close to her daughter, my mother, since she is getting older and needed to move into an assisted living home. This facility is located and paired with a church, so the residents can come and go to the church as they please. This is a top of the line facility because they have shuttles taking the residents anywhere they please in Richmond, Va. This allows the residents to get around without having to drive themselves. They go on field trips weekly; to parks, museums, luncheons, and dinners. This has been a great exprience for my grandmother and she has met many great friends in the past year of her moving to this facility. St Mary's Woods is equipt with nurses and caretakers if needed, all with a positive attitude and generous care. There is also a maid service which cleans the rooms and apartments when needed. The residents are provided with a dinner everynight in the large cafe, which has a personal touch to it. The hot meals each night are a great way to get the residents together and to socialize.

elkwest January 21, 2012

St Mary's Woods is a retirement gem. The facility is immaculate. Tucked away from the main road, the outside of the building is very lovely. Parking for residents is plentiful. I enjoyed the fact that the residents got the best parking spots. Upon entering the facility, I was amazed at how lovely the decorations were. It was the holiday season and there were Christmas trees on each floor. I had been there previously, and the facility is quite lovely; however, the staff went above and beyond with the holiday decorations. I thoroughly enjoyed attending the New Year's party with my dear friend who lives there. I was very pleased at the spaciousness of the apartments. There was plenty of room and she was able to fit her favorite things from her house into her apartment. I feel safer knowing that there are assistance cords in each apartment. The staff is extremely friendly. They have wonderful activities for residents. I was also very pleased with the food and the service of the staff. St Mary's Woods continues to impress me each time I visit.

emmaandcolin September 30, 2011

My grandmother was a resident of St. Mary's Woods in Richmond, Virginia for two years. During her time as a resident my grandmother lived in the independent assisted living portion of the facility. We found the facility to be very well kept in all aspects including the grounds, exterior, interior as well as the upkeep on my grandmother's apartment. Whenever my grandmother had an issue with her apartment the maintenance staff was there promptly to fix the problem and we never had a issue with a problem not being fixed properly the first time. The staff at St. Mary's Woods was very friendly and helpful. They knew the names of all of my grandmother's visitors and always asked how everyone was doing. One of the highlights of my grandmother's stay was Thanksgiving dinner. They made sure to have a full Thanksgiving dinner provided for the residents and any family that wanted to attended. The food for the meal like all the other meals that were provided for the residents and guests was good and the staff was courteous and friendly. I would recommend St. Mary's Woods to someone is in the Richmond Virginia area.

Ginka's Daughter September 30, 2011

St. Mary's Woods is one of the nicest assisted living places that I had the opportunity to visit when I was looking for a place for my mother. Steeped in the Catholic tradition of caring, this bright and cheery facility provides well-designed private rooms for its residents that even include small but functional kitchenettes, so those who are still able to prepare simple meals would be able to do so. The rooms here are larger than most assisted living communities, averaging over 450 square feet. So there is ample room to bring treasured belongings.Although this is a non-denominational community, St. Mary's Woods operates under the auspices of the Catholic diocese of Richmond, so if your loved one has a particular bond with the church, this is an excellent place to consider. In addition its spiritual support, there are also the typical amenities that you would find in any assisted living community, including on-site 24 hour care, seven days a week, and a personalized care plan developed for each resident, based on their particular needs.I was particularly impressed with how friendly everyone on the staff seemed. More importantly, every resident that I spoke with candidly told me how much they loved living there. They couldn't have been more complimentary to the staff of St. Mary's Woods. One lady told me that she had lived at another community for three years before moving to St. Mary's Woods, and she regretted not doing it earlier.There is a full-time recreation director on staff who develops a full calendar of activities. There are three, nutritionally balanced meals served daily, as well as snacks and treats. Residents are encouraged to participate in all of the activities and eat their meals in the dining room; however, if a resident wants to eat in their apartment or even cook their own meal, they can do so.St. Mary's Woods has a reciprocal arrangement with one of their sister facilities, so if a resident requires medical care or rehabilitation, they have priority admittance to Our Lady of Hope, which is just a few miles away. This is another great benefit of St. Mary's Woods.At the time I was looking for a place or my mother, St. Mary's Woods had a waiting list and they did not anticipate any openings for at least six to eight months, so I regrettably had to choose another facility. However, St. Mary's Woods was my first choice when looking, because of its atmosphere and the positive recommendations of the residents. That was good enough for me.

About St. Mary's Woods

St. Mary's Woods is an assisted living facility in Richmond, VA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact St. Mary's Woods for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of St. Mary's Woods