Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield

4931 Ridgedale Parkway, Richmond, VA, 23234

Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield

December 09, 2015

By Tammy H.

In June of this year my 88 year old Mother fell and broke her femur. 7 days in a hospital; 101 days in a nursing home. I had to find a place for my Mom to live out her final days because she should not go back home to live alone. God above directed me to Commonwealth Assisted Living. From the minute I walked in I knew it was the right place. Not knowing my Mom's final discharge date from the nursing home they worked with me from the beginning to reserve her room. Her care has been above and beyond anything I could have prayed for. You can always tell when staff is just doing their job and when they have a passion for what they do. This staff love what they do. My Mom contracted a virus from a outside health care worker (Not employee of Commonwealth Assisted - they have guidelines to not spread any sickness should staff get sick) and within 2 days my Mom had double pneumonia. Had this been any other Assisted Living they would have admitted her to the hospital and not cared for her. But the head nurse along with the Dr. there along with the rest of the aids nursed her back to health. They forced her to drink liquids to stay hydrated and gave me updates several times a day. My Mom lived in the same house with my dad for 53 years until he passed almost 4 years ago. Living on her own for 3.5 with the families help. I just knew the transition was going to be so difficult for her. But it was harder on me that it was on her. She has adapted great. As with any facility communication is the main thing that is needed. I from the beginning established communication and talk to several of the staff several times a week. I'm sure things are not perfect there (there are not "perfect" facilities because there are no perfect people) but in my eyes Commonwealth Assisted Living at Chesterfield are as perfect as they come. My prayer is that my Mom can live out her final days right there.

November 30, 2015

By Valerie M.

My tour at Commonwealth was horrible. They were not accommodating, and the tour guide was horrible. I think the person who was supposed to give the tour wasn’t around. I wasn’t impressed with the dining room. The rooms they showed were small, but it was clean.

Thank you for your feedback, Valerie. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on a tour of our community. As the Executive Director of Commonwealth Assisted Living at Chesterfield, I can assure you that we want everyone who visits our community to feel welcomed and have a great experience. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and discuss your tour. You can reach me directly at (804) 271-9787 or jkoeniger@commonwealthal.com. I also invite you to visit our community again and would be delighted to arrange a special tour for you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I look forward to speaking with you. – Jennifer Koeniger, LALA, Executive Director, Commonwealth Assisted Living at Chesterfield

October 29, 2015

By Robert V

My aunt has been in Commonwealth since September. It's very nice. The people were very helpful in making her transfer from nursing and skilled care to assisted living. The price is very reasonable, and she likes it there. They have assisted living all the way to memory care. When you first walk through straight head, you'll see the dining hall which looks like a restaurant, and it is really nice. To your right is memory care and it's a secured location. The building is U-shaped. To the left down the corridor into the bay area is a wide screened TV. They do a lot of their bingo and activities there. There's a nurse station right there too. They got private and semi-private rooms, which are really nice and spacious. All the bathrooms are handicap accessible. The outside yard is real nice with flowers outside. They do all kinds of activities during the day and they go on day outings. There's something going on all the time.

June 18, 2015

By Ken45

My mom is in Commonwealth Assisted Living at Chesterfield. I believe they are well staffed. Everything looks nice, clean, in good shape, and brand new. The hospital is about 10 minutes away, and there is a grocery right across the street from it.

March 23, 2015

Virginia Commonwealth Assisted Living is very nice. We chose it because it is a newer facility. They have a lot of renovations taking place, and it is just 7 minutes from my house. We also chose it because of affordability. It is more comfortable than other newer facilities.

February 15, 2015

By Ms. Claudettes daughter

We absolutely love it here, my mom is in sweet memories side and knowing she is safe, and taken care of is such a great piece of mind!! Coming from another facility, where her care was terrible, its a wonderful feeling seeing her well fed, clean and busy! I cannot say enough about the staff, they are wonderful, from the front office to the kitchen to the nurses stations!! I would highly recommend! Thank you to all, who take such good care of my mom.... Nancy

Photos of Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Financial Aid

• Licenses: VA - Assisted Living Facilities

About Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield, a premier senior living community in the Richmond region. Situated in Chesterfield County, our brand new community offers easy access to all that the Richmond area has to offer and is located near healthcare facilities, shopping and dining. Our community provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. Among the most distinctive features is our signature Sweet Memories program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It’s specifically designed for those residents who experience memory loss, Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Our community boasts a variety of amenities, including an elegant dining room, cozy fireplaces and a wine bistro. Our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with private baths and their pets are welcome too! Our transportation service helps residents get to their important appointments. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and grooming.

The attentive and experienced team provides compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield further and schedule a tour today.

Map of Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield