Brookdale Richland Hills | Assisted Living

7520 A Glenview Drive, Richland Hills, TX, 76180

Promotion ends in 17 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Richland Hills | Assisted Living

Krist1 December 30, 2014

We didn’t like Richland Hills; it was too much like a nursing home. It didn’t have like a hotel setup, but the staff was very nice. It was nice; we just didn’t like the setup. The dining room was like a cafeteria style.

ItsAboutDad June 27, 2014

Sanitation could be better. There was a smell that was a little bit strong, but that may be just the moment when we went in there.

Caring81314250 March 31, 2014

Sterling House looked prettier. The people weren't as friendly. It was a lot more expensive, and the rooms were a lot smaller. I walked through while they were eating several times, and the food looked OK.

Caring80171750 March 29, 2014

Sterling House of Richland Hills and their mother company -- I’m not impressed with them. They're too commercialized for me. It just seemed like a very high pressure sale to me. That kind of turned me off, and I don’t like that. The person who I met there, she was fine. What I did not like about that assisted living is that they assigned seating for meals. So if you have a parent who might like to meet different people, it’s like they’re not able to at dinnertime, because they’re seating at the same seat every time. There may be people who you need to do that with, but I certainly don’t think that you need to do that with everyone. I think that they need to pay more attention maybe to the residents to see who needs that and who doesn’t. I think they do it because it’s just easier for the residents to know that that’s where they’re supposed to be. That's not appealing to me, and it’s not where I would want to place my father. That doesn’t mean that they’re not a good facility. That just means that’s not good for me. Overall, it’s an average facility. It was not a bad facility. The dining room was average, and the rooms were very small. It was clean. There wasn’t a smell, and I didn’t see any cleanliness issues.

Cynthia21 February 28, 2014

I liked Sterling House. I found the people extremely nice and very informative. The place was clean and friendly. The staff was very professional and happy to help. I thought the food was great and very tasty. The people are just very helpful.

Caring72959850 October 24, 2013

My father has been living in Sterling House since August. It was small and we liked it. We had met some of the staff members when we took a tour and we're impressed. They seemed very concerned about the residents and had their best interests at heart. It was very inviting.

Lane2 September 23, 2013

Sterling House was very nice, however, it was too dressed up for him and my dad was just a simple person. The staff there was very nice and helpful. The rooms were very nice, but I guess it's the amenities that made it very expensive.

Pksw August 19, 2013

my father has been living here aor about 18 months. The facility is older, but, takes great care of him. They have had a bit of turn over with the higher level staff,but, the activities director and care givers have been consistent since he moved in. He is happy, healthy, and in much better health than he has been in years. We have been really happy here.

Pauline3 July 30, 2013

Sterling House Richland is closest to us. I didn't care for the layout of the rooms. They just seem boxy. It's says 1-bedroom, but really there is not a wall that separates the bedroom. We made a reservation in advance to see the place. I would think that they would want to try get rid of some of the smell down the hallways, but I had to hold my breath. I know it's a Brookdale. Maybe they're just having a bad day.

Dear Friend/Family Member, Our goal is to have a friendly, clean and pleasant environment at all times for our residents, families and our associates. We acknowledge however, that sometimes things happen and our response or our efforts may not be seen or understood. We have taken your comments and your feedback seriously and have reviewed your concerns with our team as well as provided additional training to make sure that we present as the caring professionals that we are. We have also reviewed our staffing patterns and schedule and have made sure that we have the right team members and the hours available to meet the ever changing needs of our residents. We know we have the passion AND compassion to provide seniors and their families with the care they deserve. We hope you will offer us another chance to show and prove that we really do care. Thank you- Dawn Samuels, ED

Annm67 November 14, 2012

Set back and take a look!!!! What I have noticed is the staff is overworked. Few of them are really good at what they do. The others are either overworked and do not care anymore or have not had the right training before getting thrown in. I have seen one person doing the work of three because they do not staff the way they should. On weekends and mornings I would think these times are more busy and supers would think of the residents, and their staff. Seems like they dont care. Some of the higher up people also blew my mind with apperance. All though this person works in their clare bridge building behind sterling house she still should think of her apperance. looking like you rolled out of bed and came to work will give the idea that you dont care about yourself looks are you going to do the same for my family member? We WILL BE LEAVING THIS FACILITY! I have seen two ED's since Chris left and the place continues to go down. Hope this helps.

Libra1956 August 28, 2012

Many of my friends had recommended this assisted living facility to me and were praising it quite highly, I was quite surprised that they weren't exaggerating about the property. My Grandmother was living alone for the past 10 years after her husband died and needed a friendly and engaging environment. Both of us were really pleased at how bright and cheery the staff were, a lot of the residents were very helpful as well. The caregivers have a great program for those suffering with Alzheimer's which has helped ease my Grandmothers stress greatly. Its very friendly staff and residents, high quality rooms and a great activity plan to keep the residents busy mentally. My Grandmothers personally has perked up significantly after arriving at this new home, she hopes to stay from a long time to come, this place has made a huge difference in our lives.

nuni1 February 29, 2012

I just love the setup of this facility. It is comfortable and has a beautiful setting, a very friendly and compassionate staff, and quality programs, which are offered to residents.The homes itself are apartment style, but also offer personal care that regular apartments would not provide. No matter the level of care you need Sterling House has you covered; whether you need help with daily activities such as getting dresses or cooking or just needing a partner in bridge, Sterling has can provide it. They have many wonderful activities for the residents and you feel a sense of community there were the residents seem to interact alot with each other as well as the care givers providing support in any way needed. You get the feeling many residents make life long friends, which is nice to see knowing many families main concern is there happiness and care they are receiving.Another wonderful program/facility they offer is the memory care facility, which is an extensive program aimed at providing care to patients with Alzheimer's and one of the few facilities in the area.I would definitely recommend Sterling House of Richland Hills to anyone looking for a loving assisted home for someone they love.

anaukam July 28, 2011

This facility was very impressive. The level of care and compassion from the staff was remarkable! The residents that I met were very happy and involved in various activities. They also had a memory care facility on the same property which makes transfers easy if needed.

From Brookdale Richland Hills

Brookdale Richland Hills provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Richland Hills

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• State License(s): 000804