The Pines | Richfield, MN

400 West 67th Street, Richfield, MN, 55423

Reviews of The Pines | Richfield, MN

Caring82855750 August 13, 2014

The Pines is very expensive. The apartments were smaller. There was barely the amount of storage area and closet space and you get just one meal a day. It was like a fancy hotel. They seemed to be busy, but it was more like a resort. It was pretty glitzy. The staff was very nice.

Caring69584750 May 30, 2014

I visited The Pines before I decided to move into my daughter's home. The place and the staff were great. I was able to look around their apartments, and I think they're fine. They have a lot of activities for seniors.

Caring5113 December 31, 2013

We visited The Pines. I think it was about the best amongst the facilities we visited. The facility itself was very clean. They have great staff. They even have a gourmet chef with them. Their rooms were big and they did have kitchens. This facility was just too expensive for us.

PollyB August 24, 2012

My mom's objection is walking halls, so there are some long ones. The lady who showed us around, I think her name's Anne, she did a good job of marketing for the facility. She took us around on a tour and we learned what we needed to know. I was happy with it. It was clean, pretty homey, but we didn't see many people out in the hall, so I wondered how much interaction there was. We actually didn't see many of the staff, but the ones we saw were friendly.

slclynn May 24, 2011

Visited this facility

The Pines in Richfield Minnesota is truly a unique assisted living facility. When I stepped inside, I was immediately aware that I was in an upscale facility. The décor and the outside gardens are beautiful, as is the setting which is right in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Seniors I visited there loved walking in the neighborhood because it gave them the feeling of really having a home. Residents feel that they can be very independent, yet receive the care they need. One resident was even able to access his home health services from an agency that was on the grounds and he felt it was very convenient. The staff is very friendly and accommodating to the residents and they provide individual care that really meets their needs, something that you won't find at other facilities. The price is above average, but when all the services that are available are considered, such as movie theaters, and exercise programs designed specifically for each resident, most families that I spoke with felt it was definitely worth the extra expense.

From The Pines

The Pines is a beautiful site nestled into the heart of Richfield. Around the corner from picturesque Wood Lake, The Pines is situated in a residential neighborhood less than a block from the hub of activity. This cozy retreat is the perfect home for those who are ready to let go of worries and take hold of their best versions of life. The Pines provides a caring and supportive environment for seniors with an outstanding restaurant and 24-hour home care staffing on site.

It is the goal of The Pines staff to help each resident achieve maximum independence, yet provide assistance for a confident lifestyle. Staff is attuned to the changing needs and interests of residents and makes a point to share that information with families at regular scheduled Family Service Conferences.

By having an independent Home Health Care Agency on site, The Pines is able to provide professional caregivers on site 24-hours a day. Not all people who live at the Pines need health care services. Individual plans are designed to accommodate the specific needs of each resident to support health and dignity.

Life enrichment programs and activities are designed to accommodate the varied interests and abilities of residents who live at The Pines. Every morning begins with an exercise class. The adjacent exercise room is an option for those who want to augment their exercise program with weights, a walk on the treadmill or time on the recumbent bikes. Walking trails are conveniently located around The Pines for those who want a short stroll as well as for those who prefer a longer walk.

The Pines on-site movie theater is a great option for movies, sports events and special programming. Trivia, bingo, board games, music, crafts and spiritual gatherings are also regularly scheduled. Additionally, bus transportation is available for escorted site seeing tours, shopping and entertainment. One day a week is set aside to take residents to their doctor appointments. A member of the Resident Services team escorts residents to their clinic and returns to escort them from the clinic at the completion of the appointment. This service is particularly attractive to busy families. Food is an important part of life at The Pines. Every morning the aroma of freshly brewed coffee welcomes early risers as they drift into the Ida Marie Restaurant for breakfast. Gracious hospitality and a delicious breakfast await them. This is the first of three nutritious meals served in the restaurant every day. Although residents may prepare their meals in their own full kitchen, the restaurant is a popular choice for the wonderful food as well as the friendship shared over meals.

Midmornings and mid-afternoons bring cordial conversation, fresh baked bread, warm cookies and a host of tasty treats in our Pine Cone Café, which is located in a bright area near the patio. Sunday mornings the Ida Marie Restaurant offers a splendid Sunday Brunch for the enjoyment of residents and families. Whether it's a delicious meal, coffee break, special dietary planning, or professional catering to enhance an event ~ the Ida Marie Restaurant is here to make our residents' lives better!

Be sure to stop by to pick up some flowers on Wednesday afternoons between 3:00 "“ 6:00. Not only will you leave with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a cookie or two, you will get a chance to experience a special slice of life that is nestled in the heart of Richfield. We look forward to seeing you then!

Features of The Pines

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

Location of The Pines