Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living

12052 North Shore Drive, Reston, VA, 20190

Reviews of Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living

Andrea22 December 07, 2014

Tall Oaks seemed like it was the most appropriate for my mom at the time with her level of physical and mental needs. It seemed to fit the best, and I likeD the bright colors in the facility. My husband ate there a couple of times -- good food. The size of the room is fine. We asked them to put furniture in there because at the time, we didn’t have anything to bring, and the furniture is beautiful. It just happens to be very huge, so it makes the room feel kind of small.

We had to put her in there right before we left. She had just come out of the hospital, and we had chosen a doctor from that facility, but they didn’t have her get an appointment with the doctor until weeks after she got there. She needed physical therapy, and they said they could do it but they didn’t set it up until much later. We were gone for a business trip for 4 weeks, and when we came back, we were surprised that she had been left on her own for that period.

The staff seems like they’re nice people. I don’t think I exactly got what I was looking for, but I don’t think there was a problem with them. I don’t think they understood that she needed to be prompted and asked if she needed specific things.

Caring75442650 September 12, 2014

My mom is in assisted living at Tall Oaks. They are a five for communication and the staff and all that for sure. They are excellent. They have special meals for every holiday, they have trivia, and they do big outings. They go to museums, and they went on a boat on the Potomac. They really don't have to improve on anything. They are doing a great job. Upkeep and maintenance of the place is excellent. We definitely recommend Tall Oaks. It is very homey and beautifully decorated. The food is very good. They have a wide variety of meals, and they cater to my mother. She is diabetic and needs to have certain foods or can't have certain foods, and they do a great job.

NKG July 03, 2014

The nursing staff, aids and activity staff for the Alzheimers patients are really caring and wonderful people. I'm really glad my friend is there.

Caring86717850 June 19, 2014

I visited Tall Oaks, and they are planning for an independent living facility. Right now they are operating only for assisted living. Their rooms are very small, but the staff is very good. I haven’t tasted the food, but I know someone living there, and it's done very well. The person who is presently living there has been treated very, very well and is very satisfied.

Dbr February 07, 2013

The demographics of this facility are not for baby boomers. If you are not in your 80's and up, you will not be happy. The food is bland and uninteresting, and repeats regularly. The room doors do not have slow closers, and the staff bangs them shut starting at 7 am and continuing throughout the day and night. Many of the staff speak little English, especially in the dining room diabetics are often given sugary food, and residents at my table with severe swallowing problems were given non- puréed food often, with fellow diners at the table having to remain vigilant on their behalf. My mattress was completely broken down, and I had to go to the director to get a better one. Calls for assistance were answered within a range of 10 minutes to never, with the latter instances being caused by non-operating walkie talkies. These devices are kept on extremely high volume, so all calls on a floor result in constant loud alert calls. I was in for rehab only, and this service, be a separate company, was excellent. The senior day nurses were excellent; night and midnight nursing and aide care was inconsistent. In short, if you are really aged, really deaf, and unable to advocate for yourself, you may fit in here, if that's not you, shop around.

camio June 30, 2012

While the staff were very friendly, they were unable to meet my grandmother's needs. She often needed to get up to pee in the middle of the night, and would sometimes fall if nobody was there to help her. Since there was only 1 night nurse for the whole floor, even if my grandmother rang the bell, she would often have to wait a long time for the nurse to come, or she wouldn't come at all. Another issue was that she was on a lot of medications that needed to be taken on a regular schedule, and the nurses weren't too consistent about giving them on schedule. Also, she sometimes needed additional pain meds on demand, and it would take the nurses too long to get there and give them to her.

Mary Ann DeBarbieri July 20, 2009

A superb property that I would be proud to have my Mother call home! I was thoroughly impressed by the staff, five star care, and affordable pricing! I will definitely think of Tall Oaks Assisted Living for my parents future care needs.

About Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living

Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Reston, VA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Onsite 24/7