Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

3.6

July 03, 2014

By NKG

The nursing staff, aids and activity staff for the Alzheimers patients are really caring and wonderful people. I'm really glad my friend is there.

June 19, 2014

I visited Tall Oaks, and they are planning for an independent living facility. Right now they are operating only for assisted living. Their rooms are very small, but the staff is very good. I haven’t tasted the food, but I know someone living there, and it's done very well. The person who is presently living there has been treated very, very well and is very satisfied.

February 07, 2013

By Dbr

The demographics of this facility are not for baby boomers. If you are not in your 80's and up, you will not be happy. The food is bland and uninteresting, and repeats regularly. The room doors do not have slow closers, and the staff bangs them shut starting at 7 am and continuing throughout the day and night. Many of the staff speak little English, especially in the dining room diabetics are often given sugary food, and residents at my table with severe swallowing problems were given non- puréed food often, with fellow diners at the table having to remain vigilant on their behalf. My mattress was completely broken down, and I had to go to the director to get a better one. Calls for assistance were answered within a range of 10 minutes to never, with the latter instances being caused by non-operating walkie talkies. These devices are kept on extremely high volume, so all calls on a floor result in constant loud alert calls. I was in for rehab only, and this service, be a separate company, was excellent. The senior day nurses were excellent; night and midnight nursing and aide care was inconsistent. In short, if you are really aged, really deaf, and unable to advocate for yourself, you may fit in here, if that's not you, shop around.

June 30, 2012

By camio

While the staff were very friendly, they were unable to meet my grandmother's needs. She often needed to get up to pee in the middle of the night, and would sometimes fall if nobody was there to help her. Since there was only 1 night nurse for the whole floor, even if my grandmother rang the bell, she would often have to wait a long time for the nurse to come, or she wouldn't come at all. Another issue was that she was on a lot of medications that needed to be taken on a regular schedule, and the nurses weren't too consistent about giving them on schedule. Also, she sometimes needed additional pain meds on demand, and it would take the nurses too long to get there and give them to her.

July 20, 2009

By Mary Ann DeBarbieri

A superb property that I would be proud to have my Mother call home! I was thoroughly impressed by the staff, five star care, and affordable pricing! I will definitely think of Tall Oaks Assisted Living for my parents future care needs.

Features of Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Pets: Small Pets

About Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living

Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Reston, VA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living