Brookdale Redwood City

485 Woodside Road, Redwood City, CA, 94061

Reviews of Brookdale Redwood City

Sandra109530250 June 29, 2015

The staff was wonderful, and the residents were extremely welcoming and friendly at Brookdale Redwood City. I liked the location. It was quite nice. The building needed upgrading, and the food was not very good. The most desirable thing about it was the cost. It was very reasonable.

Caring104838650 April 27, 2015

Brookdale Redwood City has a very spacious environment when you walk in. There is a nice spacious lobby area. The dining room is laid out well which is not exactly a straight line through. There are tables on both sides and big windows with lot of sunrise that come in. I really like that there are pathways where people can walk from the main building to other parts, and there are benches to sit outside. It has a very park-like living environment to it. Everybody is very friendly. The gal in charge of signing people up is a very kind woman. As far as I know, they have somebody come to look at their furniture to help them decide what they can take with them. My in-laws are getting a two-bedroom unit. I do know they got an upstairs unit with two balconies which is nice for them to be able to be outside without having to go somewhere. They have a lot of light and fresh air. The kitchen is going to be a perfect size for her. It seems that there is something going on every single day too. There are special events, and then there are weekly events like they alternate old-time movie nights, ice cream, bingo, chair exercise, and all sorts of activities. They have a library, and when I visited, people were playing some kind of card game. It is a facility that you can go into independently and progress to assisted living as needed. My understanding is they even have hospice. It is a place you can go and not have to worry about having to move should your physical condition change.

Caring105244050 April 21, 2015

Our visit with Woodside Terrace (Brookdale Redwood City) was nice. They had nice people. The persons that showed us around were very congenial. The place was clean and had no smell. I thought it was a couple of steps above what she needed, and that was my mistake in making that appointment, but I did like it. They were informative and gave us all kind of information. It was more for people who needed care. I went to see the room, and it was nice. I would recommend it. The people there really took care of the people who lived there.

Terri33 March 31, 2015

My mom has only been at Woodside Terrace (Brookdale Redwood City) for 3 days. It is sort of a hotel environment with dining and activities, alongside independent and assisted living. Overall, the staff is very good, caring, and attentive. It is positive, lots of the conversation, engagement, and options. It has a nice ambience. It smells clean, and there’s an outside patio area.

There are activities that you can choose to participate in or choose to sit and watch. They have therapy on site. They have scenic drives and luncheons out. They had a Jewish Passover meal today. I think they have barbecues, too. They have good food, and they have a good balanced plan for seniors that I can see so far. They have an independent and assisted meal areas so a quiet room and a not quiet room. If you’re in the mood to talk, you can go to the talking side.

Caring108384350 March 27, 2015

Redwood is good. They get little groups together, and they do different activities. The food is nutritional, and dad is on a special diet. The staff assists me and gives me all the information I need.

Beth16 March 27, 2014

Woodside Terrace looked clean and pleasant. It met our needs. They had perfect people who were very cordial and professional. The common area looked good. We didn't eat there, but the menu was good. They also had activities. It would be better if they could update a bit on their equipment and furnishing.

Sheri4 July 25, 2013

She is in the intensive care part of Woodside Terrace. She has a nice little apartment with a bedroom and a bathroom so we are able to fix it up very much like it her own. They have a 24-hour nursing care which is something that she needs and most facilities don't offer that so I'm really grateful for that. There is a nurse on site which makes a considerable difference. The second thing that they have which is unlike many of the facilities I've visited is that they have a regular meal, but you could also order other things. They have a menu, so you don't get that same standard food every day. They have a high turnover with their staff, but they hire very qualified people. I found the staff to be very friendly and very supportive. They all have CNA credentials.

Daughter-in-Law4 July 12, 2013

The staff that was doing the tour for Woodside Terrace was very nice, though the facility itself looked a little shabby. It needed some help. I was surprised with the garden because there weren't very nice sitting areas outside and that could have been improved. The swimming pool they have needed to be fixed up. I understand they are going to be doing some upgrading, which is good because they needed that upgrading. It just looked worn out. The paint was not in great shape. The room that I got to see was just the basic. There is just no way my in-laws would move in to something like that. It was pretty depressing. It was not the level that my in-laws are used to. This is unfortunately well below anything that I could imagine them doing. This is perfect for a lot of people but it just wouldn't work for my in-laws.

From Brookdale Redwood City

Brookdale Redwood City provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Redwood City