Overlake Terrace

2956 152nd Avenue NE, Redmond, WA, 98052

Reviews of Overlake Terrace

Rick582421 June 17, 2016

The staff made it very easy to make the transition to assisted living. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. We are pleased to see the full level of care and service they receive. The food is great, the activities are varied and fun. Our parents are engaged.

Karshella080340 June 10, 2016

Overlake Terrace didn't smell like a hospital. it smelled like fresh linens, and pines trees. When I came in, they had my name on the board, and that was very nice. The staff told me I could have coffee, cookies, and she was very welcoming. The residents all looked very happy, and it seemed like they enjoy being there. They have an open space like a library with computers, a piano, and everything seemed open. The view was nice, and all the staff was friendly.

Jerry119354750 January 27, 2016

What I like about Overlake Terrace is that the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. They provide full care from independent living to memory care, so you won’t have to find another place if you need more care. I looked at a studio as well as a one-bedroom apartment, and they were very nice.

Pleased Niece1 October 31, 2015

I appreciate the fine quality of care my aunt has received in the time she has been living here. The social programs have renewed her interest in life around her. Every person employed has been well-trained and professional.

Caring112212450 August 15, 2015

Overlake Terrace was quite nice. You would have utilities with the price you would pay. You would have internet, parking, laundry service, and three meals a day. I could consider it as a primary resident. If someone would have that need or that requirement, I would certainly recommend it.

Caring114756350 July 31, 2015

When I moved in to Overlake Terrace, my ailing husband was with me. He needed many services and we were treated most of the time with courtesy and concern. The dining facilities, room services, environment and responses to problems were taken care of very well. For the most part, I feel safe and relaxed in my surroundings.

Caring103814850 January 08, 2015

Overlake Terrace that was very nice. We had a meal there, and we were shown apartments. The staff was very courteous and nice. They all have very good programs, and they have transportation. The dining room was better than the place I am in now. They had all kinds of games, puzzles, reading, and the Wii bowling game.

Caring103477350 December 27, 2014

It's a home away from home. It's a bright and happy place. Employees from the cook, to meal servers, to house room servers, aids helpers, etc. are there for you. Meals are great from soups to desserts. You can ask for anything you like to eat. One feels so at home here. If you have been away a few days or week, wow what a welcome home you get.

Terrie3 December 27, 2014

My mother, aunt, and cousin live at Overlake Terrace. I cannot say enough good things about the staff that work there! They are amazing! Soher E.D., has done a fantastic job of picking out caring and competent staff. Marina -- the family advisor -- is always helpful in any area!

Linda103460650 December 27, 2014

This facility feels like a home with warm, friendly, and efficient service. We are so happy to have mom in such a beautiful new home.

Donna103453450 December 27, 2014

Very good and friendly staff. Good variety of food. It's clean.

Joe32 March 27, 2014

I have my mom in Overlake Terrace. The place is clean. They have very nice people, and the staff is friendly. The food is OK but not as good as we anticipated. The program that they offer seems to a good one for the condition that she has, and it fits our budget.

Macarenaa October 15, 2013

This place is a nightmare. Please do not put a loved one here. The care is horrible, food horrible, housekeeping a joke. Please go anywhere else!!!!

Jo2 June 23, 2012

I usually enjoy my time at Overlake Terrace. The facility is very clean and the front desk staff is welcoming, but the location is atop a steep hill that isn't always easy to access. The rooms are nicely furnished as well. The last time I was there with my great-grandma we had dinner together. I was able to order from the menu and the person serving us was especially helpful. The split-pea and ice cream dessert were superb, but portion size were lacking, at least for me. Sometimes the food is extremely delicious, other times it is okay. And while the staff is nice and seem to perform the duties of the job, there are some concerns. My family, including myself, have noticed some items in my great-grandmother's have gone missing. I don't know if this means someone as stolen from her, or her belongings get misplaced and she does not get assistance finding them, but it does make one wonder as either myself or their family memebers make sure she has what she needs and that it is easy for her to find each time we're there. My great-grandma also occasionally receive as much help as she needs to perform assisted daily living activities. As a former caregiver for youth, I understand the importance of making sure these tasks are accomplished. With that said, this may not be due to the fault of the staff, but rather that Overlake Terrace appear to be an assisted-living program for those with more independence. As such, my great-grandma may be relocated soon to a place with a higher level of care. Overall, I think this would be a great place for someone who only needs minor or moderate assistance, but there is still room for improvement.

From Overlake Terrace

Our philosophy of service at Overlake Terrace Assisted Living and Independent Living encourages an active and independent senior lifestyle that supports residents' privacy and dignity. Our senior apartments are considered the premier Redmond senior retirement community. Overlake Terrace provides Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Respite and Adult Day Care services. Our community environment is rich in daily activities, with restaurant-style dining, graciously appointed interiors and apartment styles. Our senior housing environment provides full-service senior living with resort-style amenities in the heart of Washington, serving Bellevue, Bothell, Mercer Island, Redmond, Seattle, and surrounding communities. Come see for yourself.

Features of Overlake Terrace

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: One Bedroom Deluxe and One Bedroom Suites
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Wellness center includes: podiatrist, massage therapy, dentist, lab work. In house rehabilitation: OT/PT/HH/ST, Scheduled transportaion to Dr appts

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Staff patient ratio: IL/AL 15:1, Transitional 7:1, MC 6:1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: Boarding Home license
  • State License(s): 2161

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits