Mission Commons | Assisted Living

10 Terracina Blvd, Redlands, CA, 92373

Reviews of Mission Commons | Assisted Living

Laura116628150 January 09, 2016

Mission Commons is a great place. The residents and the staff are really nice. They have very caring staff that listen. Their tolerance for people who are jerks is great.

Caring111133750 July 29, 2015

Mission Commons is a wonderful facility. I will recommend it to anybody who needs that. The staff seems very nice. I will say that it is a top of the line facility in the area. They have so many variations of rooms. They have shared rooms; some are large, and some are small. It depends on what you can afford and what fits your need. They have several dining rooms. The people that we talk to are very nice. It is the very best facility, and it is like a hotel. It is very upscale.

Anonymous109670350 July 15, 2015

My dad is now at Mission Commons. The staff is very caring, and the meals are very nice. The apartments are kept clean. They have music groups that come in and sing to the people. They also have card games and movie nights.

Sue0217 April 13, 2015

They do activities during the week, but those activities are routine and never change which offers no means of keeping the mind a sharp. This place is all about making money and not really about the residence. I spent a lot of time with the residence and would NOT put my loved one here.

Hi Sue, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm so very sorry to hear you have a negative impression of Mission Commons. I'm particularly concerned about your assessment of our activities selection since we pride ourselves on having robust activities calendars. In fact, our calendars can't be posted without meeting specific guidelines, called The Layers of The Holiday Lifestyle. If you have any other concerns about Mission Commons, I highly urge you to contact our Resident Relations department at 1-800-370-8331. I've passed your feedback onto them for their review. Thanks, Katie

Stephen15 August 29, 2014

I went to visit Mission Commons and it went fine. The staff was very helpful. The rooms are very nice.

Rita22 July 20, 2014

We chose Mission Commons because it is a cleaner facility and it is closer to where we want my mom to be. It is very nice. The room is a good size and clean. The food is fantastic. The meals are always well balanced and nutritious. The staff is wonderful. They are very compassionate. They have quite a few activities, but my mother-in-law is not able to participate because of her health. They have a game room, an outside patio, a social room, and they have a lot of walking area. It is a very open facility with a nice view.

Melody4 May 11, 2014

Mission Commons was a big facility that we thought was very nice. My mother-in-law was looking more for a small place, like more intimate, but it looked like they had a lot of activities. The staff were really nice, and the prices were competitive with the other places. It was really big though, and I think they had more stairs and elevators. She probably would not do well there. The room was nice, and the people are really friendly.

Charles39 April 02, 2014

Mission Commons has been nice to us, so that was a plus. They call us by our first names. Some of the helpers are a little more like I am and a little more formal, but it's a little expensive.

Meryll1 September 27, 2013

We toured Mission Commons and it was fabulous. Everybody there from the staff to the patients had a smile on their face. They all looked like they were happy to be there. The staff seemed to know their job well and everyone seemed wanting and willing to be helpful. It didn't have an institutional kind of smell and it had a really homey feeling. They had single rooms, double rooms and cared suites.

Betty29 July 12, 2013

My father has moved into Mission Commons. I would recommend this place. The facility is clean. It gives a home-like environment. The staff is very friendly and very nurturing to the residents. They are doing a good job. Their director for assisted living is also very open to suggestions and implementing changes.

Jody B. June 19, 2013

They provide for the ones who need assisted and independent living. They offer more activities and meals. They have friendly staff.

Milka 1 April 26, 2013

We toured Mission Commons and we talked to them quite extensively. They even went over to the rehab center where my mother-in-law was before we even moved her and interviewed her and talked to her about the program. But we're not able to handle it financially to get them there. It was a wonderful place. It would have been my choice. It was great and a very nice complex. The staff is very friendly and they have social activities, too. I would have loved to put my in-laws there. But financially, it wasn't possible.

sergeantsofa September 18, 2012

The facility was very relaxing to be in. They had a very scheduled daily routine, dinner at either five or six in the evening (I can't remember specifically) so it was nice to know exactly when things were happening. They had scheduled activities and games, as well as puzzle packets that people could pick up and fill out during the day. The employees at Mission Commons were very friendly and approachable, which helped make it a relaxing environment to go to. Admittedly, my first time I was there I got a bit lost, because it's actually a very large building (I felt like a fool!). Luckily for me, one of the employees was nice enough to approach me and help me find where I needed to go though. Anyway, the parking here is nice too, they have ample parking whereas a few places I've been to have limited parking so you're expected to simply park on the street or something. My whole experience here was pleasant.

lexi452 July 06, 2012

I enjoyed my visit to this facility it was clean and quite inside. The staff all seemed very friendly, attentive and, helpful. The residents that I encountered all seemed very happy. I was pleased to hear that they offered a lot of social events for the residents and that they were encouraged to socialize. I was quite impressed with the facility as I mentioned it was very up to date and modern looking the facility included a pool, hot tub, game room, activity room, lounge room and I believe there was a church as well. There was plenty of space for each of the residence, the individual rooms each had an air conditioner/ heater, television and a comfortable looking bed. While I was there it was lunch time and the food actually smelled pretty good, I'm not sure what they were served but it did smell great. Another perk about this facility is that it is pretty close to Redlands hospital, so if anything major happens the resident doesn't have to travel far for help.

SBSW May 26, 2012

I visit this facility often. It is an assisted living and independant living facility located in Redlands California. It's around the corner from Redlands Community Hospital. This facility has extremely profession staff who wear navy blue polo shirts and kaki pants. Mission commons has independant living upstairs for those who are able to care for themselves. Downstairs is the assisted living with total care which offers more supervision for those who need it. I was there during mealtime. I observed attentive staff feeding the residents that were not able to feed themselves. The food smelled good with several options. Also downstairs the doors to the rooms may be left open therefore the residents are checked in on by the staff constantly. They offer activities. I've seen music time, and movies. I also notice the staff address the residents by name. The grounds are beautiful too. No smell. This is a very clean place to live.

From Mission Commons

For all the years you've put into making the world a better place for the rest of us, it's time we return the favor...at Mission Commons.

Your "home base" of Redlands, California, is the source of marvelous scenery, exquisite gardens, many parks, historical neighborhoods, and a pleasant climate. Enjoy an old-time small town feeling and atmosphere while enjoying all of the modern amenities and attractions nearby: 14 public parks, stately Victorian mansions, Redlands Symphony, Redlands Footlighters Theatre, and the Kimberly Crest House and Gardens, a graceful example of chateauesque architecture of the late 19th century. Personally, we'd be hard-pressed to think of a better way to spend your retirement years! Welcome home to the wonderful community of Mission Commons, where our friendly staff and residents will treat you just like family!

Features of Mission Commons