Palos Verdes Villa

29661 South Western Avenue, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA, 90275

Reviews of Palos Verdes Villa

Carolyn101098250 October 31, 2014

We wanted a big facility, and price was a consideration. A lot of facilities are much too expensive. The staff seemed very energetic, friendly, and engaged with the residents at Palos Verdes. Many of the people there are very physically disabled, and Harold is not physically disabled, he has mild Alzheimer’s and it wasn’t good for him to be living alone any longer. The food is pretty good, and they have adopted somewhat. They are very careful for people who have trouble chewing. It is a border between San Pedro and Rancho Palos Verde. It’s an old hotel, so one of the reasons that their rates are astronomical even though they have a Palos Verdes address. It’s well-kept, but it’s not as busy as some new facilities. They will do medication and assist with people getting in and out of bed, but they are not a medical facility. The engagement of the staff and the people seemed to be a little with it than some of the others. This was $2700. We called several, but they are $4000; we can’t afford it and I can’t believe we found a very affordable place at Palos Verde.

number1niece June 26, 2014

I have responsibility for my elderly aunt who is in So.Cal and I live in No.Cal, so when it became necessary to find a care facility for her I engaged a professional to assist me. I visited Palos Verdes Villa, met with Linda Cardenas, the administrator, ad well as her boss, Seth. I was impressed with the caring attitude of Linda herself, but also with the compassion they exhibited toward me in meeting my needs when I could not possibly handle them myself locally. Linda and the entire staff are friendly and efficient and have cared wonderfully for my aunt. I receive regular updates on any pertinent "happening", phone calls if questions arise, and know that when I have a question it will be answered almost immediately (based on when I send the request or leave a phone message). My aunt is happy, so that means I am happy.

MichaelB18 June 17, 2014

My grandfather has been at Palos Verdes Villa for a few years. The staff and care he receives is outstanding. I've spent a lot of time at the facility and the atmosphere is great. I have a lot of peace of mind knowing he is so well cared for.

Cheryl25 March 28, 2014

I didn't care for Palos Verdes Villa. When we first came in the door, it smelled. We asked for the person who we were supposed to be meeting with, but nobody could find her. However, when we did find her, she was a very friendly person. When we went on a tour, this facility looked like a home that had been converted from a hotel or motel. The hallways were narrow. The whole place was dark and gloomy. The elevator was small. The place was unkempt and kind of gloomy inside. The residents all looked like what I would never want my mother to look like; they just sat and stared. I told my sister that I don't feel comfortable leaving Mom there.

Ed14 December 20, 2013

We visited Palos Verdes Villas, everything seemed very positive there. This place is relatively affordable compared to some others. The facility looked clean and well maintained. The staff is very nice too. The room size is okay for shared living. There are rooms for activities. Transportation to doctors is provided which is nice as well.

Anerta June 30, 2012

We chose Palos Verdes for my Dad because of the price. He got his own private room for a very reasonable cost. The room was big and clean. The entire facility was clean and well organized. The people that were working there were very friendly and accommodating and they are able to work with us. They seemed like they cared about his well being. The residents have equal amount of men and women. It wasn't like mostly men or mostly women. The activities seemed to bond them together. They have exercise programs, a pool table, bingo and many others. They also they the residents out twice a week. They take them to the store or to the doctors or treatments. Of course transportation is provided if they need to go out.

From Palos Verdes Villa

Welcome to Palos Verdes Villas Assisted Living

Palos Verdes Villa can serve as "your home on the hill," a resort-style retirement home on a beautiful Rancho Palos Verdes hillside. Newly remodeled senior living facility with quality care, many amenities, a nearby lovely park, and several shopping centers.

At Palos Verdes Villa, we realize your loved ones deserve the very best senior care in their later years. We agree. Our professional staff shares the same heart and compassion for each of our residents. We are dedicated to providing quality senior care to Palos Verdes and all the South Bay.

We truly stand apart from other nursing homes that provide senior care in the South Bay. Our recently updated facility offers a resort-style retirement home and assisted living services which include:

• Warm & Friendly Atmosphere

Assisted Living Rates

• Level 1: Assistance with Medication / Bathing - $100 per Month
  • Level 2: Assistance with Dressing - $200 per Month
  • Level 3: Incontinent Care - $500 per Month

Please give us call for a complimentary lunch and tour of our wonderful community.

We are dedicated to providing quality senior care to Palos Verdes and all the South Bay. It is our commitment to treat each resident with dignity, respect, and love to provide them with a comforting and enjoyable environment. We see it as our responsibility and our calling, and we take joy in serving your loved ones as if they were our own.

Features of Palos Verdes Villa

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared living

• Farsi
  • Spanish
  • Tagalog

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 198201933