Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage

34560 Bob Hope Drive, Rancho Mirage, CA, 92270

Reviews of Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage

Lissa1 February 26, 2016

I stayed for 2 weeks at Mission Hills. They took really good care of me. It was great, and I loved it. I made a lot of friends there with the caregivers. The room was great, the menu was good, but they need to put up a separate wing just for post-op.

A Fellow Reviewer11 December 22, 2015

I visited Mission Hills. It was very pleasant and very nice. The visit was very helpful, but we decided it wasn’t a place for us. We wanted a kitchen in the room. Nevertheless, the food was very good, and there were some good things to do, too.

Anonymous115139650 November 16, 2015

Mission Hills needs an update and new carpeting. It’s built more like a hotel, has two stories, which I don’t like, and it’s not clean enough. They do have good activities. I didn’t like the dining room; it’s more like a feeding hall. The food was excellent, but Joe, who was the head of the kitchen, isn’t there anymore, so I don’t know how it is anymore. They’re not putting enough money into it. They need to re-carpet again, so they’ll probably do that.

Anonymous118878750 October 31, 2015

Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage was not quite as updated and nice. It was a little bit older and tired. They have set meal times. They also have set driving days, e.g., only two days a week where they go to doctors' offices and once a week where they go to big stores. The facility was a lot more set and not as flexible.

Anonymous101678550 February 11, 2015

Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage is not terrific, but it is OK. The staff is fine. My sister is in an apartment unit, and it is average in size. The food is good, and the dining room is OK. I would recommend this facility to others.

Caring82680550 April 30, 2014

The one I liked the best was Mission Hills Senior Living. We liked the atmosphere, and the units seemed very nice. They have the two units separated, but they're equal, and I just liked it better than the others I visited. I talked to a woman whose husband was there, and she was happy with the care. They can't get out if they're in the memory wing. They have a weekly outing somewhere. They gave me some pastry, and it was delicious. From what I can tell, it's about as good as it gets.

Caring67320150 April 01, 2014

My friend has been at Mission Hills for over a year now. I think it is a very nice place. She's settled down. She goes to the dining room for her meals, and then they have activities during the week. I think the staff has been very helpful, accommodating, and cheerful. It's just a very clean, kept-up community. Our friend who is there has problems: she has dementia, and she imagines things. She is being taken care of. Mission Hills has walkers and wheelchairs, but I personally would prefer to be on one floor.

Elsie3 January 31, 2014

Mission Hills was clean and nice. The people were very friendly and nice. The area may not be as accessible because it was kind of a set aside area. But it was not that far. It was may be 15 to 20 minutes to a more populated area with shopping and restaurants. They also had a restaurant style for meals, which was nice. May be their activity calendar wasn't quite best, but they had an outdoor pool. I thought the main draw back was the room plans. They weren't quite as good. I don't really like the fact that even the one-bedroom model, they had very little extra storage and all the bedroom had regular size closet which wasn’t very big. But the bathrooms were nice and they had all the safety ropes. They had a small refrigerator under the counter.

Caring82068750 December 31, 2013

Mission Hills is a lovely place, kept very clean. It has a very pretty, nice big dining room. The food isn't as good as I've seen in other places at the moment. There are 70 buildings like this owned by the company. The director of the staff is very pleasant. We have a lady here who handles the medicine and she's very knowledgeable and good.

Caring71982950 October 30, 2013

The staff at Mission Hills was very outgoing and very anxious to help. They had shows every week and I've already received invitations to their events. It was a little bit more open space. That would be a second choice but I still wouldn't want to go there because it was a smaller facility and off the very main street, down the street from the hospital, kind of set off in their own property. It was more appealing to me but at this point in my life, it wasn't something I wanted to pursue.

LadyLuck1 February 24, 2012

The dining room was always clean and well organized. The meals seemed well rounded and good portion sizes. The facility provided assistance for residents needing it as well as more private setups for residents that needed less help. The apartment setup offered residents the opportunity to maintain a private lifestyle that did not confine them to a hospital room- it felt more like home. The staff was always friendly and upbeat, whether they were greeting you at the door or helping a resident. The facility often provided activities and social opportunities for residents to listen to music, hear stories, go shopping, and participate in performances and religious programs. There was also a pool for residents to exercise and get outside. I felt safe with my elderly relative here as the staff could provide medical help which was needed for her a few times. We felt assured she had opportunities to stay busy and active while still taken care of while in her more fragile state.

From Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage

At Mission Hills Senior Living, life happens according to plan - a comfortable, dynamic, detail-oriented plan. Daily activity is the result of proven practices, systems, standards and an organization that has been refined by experience. You'll notice the calming structure that comes from master planning with your very first visit. Similar to the motivation of our residents, we strive for balance: activity is balanced with quiet spots, fine dining with casual flair, full-service programs with a la carte freedom.

At Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage, our residents do what makes them happy and vital. Life at Mission Hills is defined by what you do and living life to its fullest. Our warm, friendly and comfortable community is filled with happy residents and loving staff members who make up our FAMILY.

Features of Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,750/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Lic #336424267
  • State License(s): 336424267

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage