Sunrise at North Hills

615 Spring Forest Road, Raleigh, NC, 27609

Reviews of Sunrise at North Hills

May 19, 2016

By nytransplantAMCCR

I’ve been to Sunrise in Raleigh (Sunrise at North Hills). I love Sunrise. They had a beautiful dining room and very nice suites and studio apartments. They have arts and crafts room, a beautiful gathering area, and little theater. They had a lot of nice stuff and looked like they had a very impressive physical therapy room. I thought they had the best ratio of nursing care to patients.

November 12, 2015

By Julie105783550

Our experience with Sunrise at North Hills is very positive. The rooms are nice and well maintained. My father goes to the dining room, and the food is good, although the challenge is that he does not want to eat many different things. They have a good activity schedule and took him on a couple of outings. It's conveniently located, and the staff response to the call bell is very quick.

October 29, 2015

My mother is at Sunrise at North Hills. I like the ratio of the staff to the residents. I also like their programs. They have baking class, they have volunteers that come in and play piano, and they have little activities, like bowling. The rooms are very sufficient. The staff is very kind.

July 13, 2015

By Barbara110584350

Sunrise at North Hills was one of the assisted living communities that I liked. I also liked their philosophy about memory care, and how they were setup. It was surprisingly large. The rooms were very nice. The maintenance was fine. It was a newer facility. They had activities like chair yoga, games, and movies available for the residents.

June 04, 2015

By Linda107192950

I also liked Sunrise at North Hills. It was very attractive. I found the staff very responsive and the activities adequate. I thought the rooms were well appointed. They looked nice. The staff was very great. They were very accommodating and friendly.

May 29, 2015

By Robert107285650

I had a very positive impression of Sunrise at North Hills. I brought my mother there, and we were both very impressed with the place. It seemed pretty nice. They were doing some arts and crafts with the residents, and I saw them doing physical therapy. I thought it was all good. The food was very good. It seemed very well kept.

January 24, 2015

By Jeff34

Sunrise’s staff is very helpful and professional, and they are there when we need them. The apartments are very nice; you can put your own shelves up there however you want it. My parents enjoyed a lot of their meals, and if you don’t like the ones they serve, then you can choose anything you want. It is a little apartment community. They have a whole bunch of activities for seniors all day long; every two hours they have different activities. What I like the most is how helpful they are to the people staying there and to their families. Security is good.

December 05, 2014

Sunrise at North Hills was larger, it had a lot of activities, and everybody seemed very involved. There was a separate wing for the assisted living versus the people with memory care issues. The rooms were not as nice; they were choppy. If you wanted a two-bedroom, it was actually more like a one-bedroom cut in half. They had a lot of activities and a lot of stuff that they encourage the family to come to. They had a really nice exterior area for the memory care and for the assisted living. There were two separate areas for them to walk around. Their menu looked fine; it was adequate. The staff seemed very friendly, and the memory care was OK. I liked it.

September 04, 2014

By Loving, Caring & Concerned

The staff was very nice. The building was clean and pleasantly decorated. The only complaints I could find have to do with the meals and lack of activities/opportunities to go out. I did have a meal with the resident and if that was an indication of all the meals, there is a problem. I'm far from a picky eater, but the food was bland, luke warm and unappealing. Also, we were made to come to the front part of the dining room near the kitchen and bus bins, when the middle dining room was much nicer. I didn't understand that. I think meals should be a great experience for the residents. For some, it's their only real time for socializing and it's three times a day. I would like to add, the servers were very friendly when I was there and the resident like the staff very much. As for the outings, the resident said there were only two a week, and one was shopping. Having a resident feel they can go out more, and not feel confined, is so important for their emotional and physical well-being. Most residents have lost their driver's licenses and much of their independence. Sadly some don't have family visiting, so any chance to go out is a treat and a highlight. Those were the only complaints I heard about, and thankfully, they can be easily remedied by management. All in all, I would recommend Sunrise, North Hills if I had a family member needing assisted living. (I wouldn't mind living there myself if the meals were better!)

Thank you for your review. We’d like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise and, in particular, about your concerns. Please email us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com and we will get back to you. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

August 11, 2014

By Shelley7

We really liked everything about Sunrise at North Hill: the different rooms that were available, the different types of setups, and the activities that they had. It was a much larger community than what we were looking for. The staff was great. We liked the dining room, but didn't try the food. It was very secure.

Photos of Sunrise at North Hills

Services & Amenities of Sunrise at North Hills

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• State Licenses: HAL-092-108

About Sunrise at North Hills

Located just minutes from the 440 beltline, the Sunrise at North Hills community sits just north of downtown Raleigh. We pride ourselves in our commitment to promoting and preserving independence, dignity and quality of life in a caring environment.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise at North Hills