Magnolia Glen

5301 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh, NC, 27612

Reviews of Magnolia Glen

CHUCKFAROAH June 02, 2012

This community has very nice facilities. Their staff is competent and caring. The food leaves something to be desired. One thing I particularly like about Magnolia Glen is that they have a gym AND a swimming pool. It's really good for old people to stay healthy. They also are in a really convenient location, right in the middle of all of Raleigh's action. Seriously, though, they should work on the food. Old people need good food, too. Another good feature is their beauty salon. All people deserve to feel beautiful, no matter how old they are. I think that the rooms are a little too small. Could you imagine fitting all of the gems of life in a 400 hundred square foot room? Not me no way. Also, I think the prices are a little steep, but I suppose it makes sense on account of all the nice benefits that are available at magnolia glenn.

Melinda2012L May 26, 2012

She had Parkinsons Disease and was progressing. The facility was very impressive. The staff was very welcoming and proffesional. My mother was hessitant due to being in an orphanage when she was young but otherwise was very happy with the place. My mother was able to tour the entire facility and met a resident and was able to go into her living space. The tenant was very encouraging to my mom and friendly. The expense was resonable and there was progress care there if needed. My mother choose not to live there because that we would put her there and forget about her. We tried to reassure her that would not happen but she choose to live with one of us instead.

TJ1 May 22, 2012

My wife and I visited the place few weeks ago. The facility is at a good location. They offer a lot of options. A very nice facility with nice amenities. The place is vast, large windows, they have private bathroom. They have flexible meal plans and everybody is pleasant. It's a little bit costly but we really like a lot about it.

MrP&O August 05, 2011

This is the kind of place I would want to go when I can no longer take care of myself. The living quarters and patient care available astound me. The nurses are fast and responsive, the living areas are spacious and there are many group areas available. People aren't just shuffled off to a room to spend what time they have left cloistered away. They are encouraged to mingle. The inside of the building is stylized to appear to be like an upscale apartment complex. The residents can personalize the space around their doors. There is space allocated so that these things don't interfere with mobility, and the hallways and doors are all extra wide. It's very quiet. You see more staff in the hallways than residents. They weren't left to wander from what I could tell. I didn't get the chance to check on things like food, but considering to whom they cater there probably aren't many options anywhere.

GuiCyber June 30, 2011

My husband's grandfather lives in this facility. We visit him there at least once a week. The location is nice (right near Crabtree Valley Mall) and it is easy to get to from both the Beltline and I40. Beautiful grounds all around the facility, we always walk with him to keep him active. The staff encourages us to take his grandfather out and about to enjoy all the amenities. The dining room is very nice and when we go during meal time we can really sense a community atmosphere. All the residents know each other and meet up in the large common rooms. It seems that most of the residents are more independent than in other places I have visited. The staff encourages this and helps to keep the resident interested and social and I feel that this shows in the happiness and independence of the community. If we would have placed his grandfather in any other home, I feel that the adjustment wouldn't have been as easy. In addition to the amenities (pool, restaurant dining, community activities and large grounds) the convenience of no lease, monthly rentals makes it easy on us to deal with changes in his grandfathers needs and our financial situation.

anonymousll June 09, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My favorite uncle has moved to a Raleigh, NC assisted living facility-Magnolia Glen. This is a senior community where the well-being and comfort of each guest is considered a top priority. Of course the grounds and buildings are beautiful, but for us it is the attitude and devotion shown by the staff that is so very special. The caregivers have called to give us regular updates which we appreciate very much. During our visits we have watched the staff interact with our uncle and other residents. What we notice most is the time that they spend with each individual. They really do try to respond promptly to requests for assistance, caregivers do not rush anyone and these people seem genuinely interested in being helpful. I am thrilled with the services, care and surroundings where my uncle is now living. Even the wellness instructor deserves kudos for creating a structured program in which every senior can participate. Although my uncle has minimal use of his left arm due to a stroke he is able to enjoy the heated indoor swimming pool and has become active in the yoga and aerobics classes. It is due to the patience and encouragement of the fitness team that he is once more rediscovering what those golden years are all about.

jgflea June 09, 2011

Visited this facility

I recently visited a friend at this facility and was duly impressed with the overall atmosphere and attitude of the residents and the staff. I was reminded of a vacation lodge as we pulled up and parked and noticed that there were cottages as well as the main building, I assume for more independent lifestyles. When I entered the facility, everyone was so nice and I was actually escorted up to my friend's apartment. The whole place was immaculate and just seemed homey versus institutional. I spent several hours with my friend and we walked the trails that lead to the park in the back, we ate lunch in the dining area (food was great), we visited the indoor pool, and finally, we took the facility bus ride half a mile down to the mall for shopping. Overall, this is a great place and I would recommend it to others.

From Magnolia Glen

Magnolia Glen is one of Raleigh's most reputable senior living communities located less than one mile from Crabtree Valley Mall and close to other great shopping and restaurants. Nestled on 12 wooded acres, the picturesque setting provides ample opportunity for leisurely strolls along walking paths that lead to the Brookhaven Nature Park. The campus, with its Arts and Crafts architecture, beautifully complements the pastoral setting while exuding an ambiance of warmth and sophistication. Indoors you'll find stylish interiors, welcoming residents and associates who create a close knit community of caring individuals that enjoy being served and serving others. As you continue this rewarding chapter in your life, you will have the opportunity to create a healthy, balanced lifestyle with a sound sense of security for the future.

At Magnolia Glen, take advantage of all that the outdoors has to offer or choose to take part in a variety of programs organized by a full-time wellness team. Enjoy the vibrant and energetic lifestyle, be as busy or carefree as you like. Start your morning with gentle exercise in the heated, indoor pool enjoy a healthy lunch, then plan a trip out to the nearby shops to top off your day. Expand your knowledge, spend time doing what you love whether it's a hobby, learning something new or socializing with friends. The opportunities at Magnolia Glen are limitless.

Features of Magnolia Glen

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Internet in residents' rooms

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: Onsite 24/7

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Pets: No Pets