Falls River Village

1110 Falls River Ave., Raleigh, NC, 27614

Reviews of Falls River Village

May 30, 2015

By Robert107285650

My experience with Falls River Village has been positive. It is a little small, but the people working there seem to be nice and friendly. They take good care of the folks living there, and the folks seem pretty happy. My mother has been there for a little over a month or so now. I am pleased with it. The amenities are nice. There are flowers planted inside and outside which is nice. It does not have an institutional kind of feeling to it. It has a more homey type of feeling. The food is good. It seems like they keep the place up well. The place looks nice. It seems to be properly maintained.

February 10, 2015

I made an appointment online, but I missed it, and I didn't receive a confirming phone call for the next one. When I showed up, there wasn't a sales person or a manager to show me the facility. They were very apologetic that the person that was supposed to show me the facility wasn't there. The rooms they showed me were very nice. The receptionist was very friendly and very helpful. It seemed to be what would be a nice enough facility. I saw the dining room, and it was nice, but there were no one eating at the time. I saw a couple of residents who were hanging out. It was actually a secured building even though it does not house dementia patients because I had to be buzzed in from the outside. However, it resonated with me harshly that I made an appointment and no one was there to help me. The receptionist did an excellent job to step up the plate to try and help me out. It looked nice, the place is nice, and the rooms looked nice. But I didn't even get a call back apologizing that no one was there. They need to make sure to make a follow up when somebody makes an appointment.

Hello and thank you so much for your feedback. My name is Jamie Zinn and I am the Executive Director at Falls River Village Assisted Living and Falls River Court Memory Care. I am very sorry to learn that you did not receive a call from our community to confirm the tour you requested online. I am also sorry to learn that when you visited after the initial missed appointment, that no one followed up with you. I sincerely apologize, however I am happy to hear that our concierge team was able to provide you with a great experience here at Falls River! I would love to invite you back to our community for a personal meeting with myself, and enjoy a meal of your choice. Here at Falls River, we are very serious about providing outstanding customer service and hospitality to our residents, families, visitors and potential residents. Thank you so much, your feedback is sincerely appreciated! Thank you, Jamie Zinn Executive Director 919-844-9747

September 13, 2014

The rooms at Falls River Village are nice. They have a sitting room and a bath. It's small, but they were nice. The facility appeared to be nice and clean. They have a lock-down facility, and that is what we were looking for.

August 01, 2013

By Andrea12

I had inquired at Falls River Village because at that time they had 4 stars rating. But at that time when we needed availability, they did not have it and they had contacted us after we already had our father-in-law placed. The apartments that we saw there were very nice, but not quite so bright and cheery as far as natural sunlight because the windows were small. But other than that the apartments were comfortable. They were clean and had a nice kitchenette area. The community was smaller. They had higher staff ratio and the proximity was much closer for us to travel. The cost was a little less too. I would recommend it to others.

October 14, 2012

By SleepyMaggie

The facility itself is just lovely, with sunny courtyards and a large, nicely decorated lobby with lots of chairs for residents to gather and socialize. The lobby also had a large-screen TV and played a cable channel with nothing but old-fashioned movies all afternoon. I think keeping active socially is the best way to remain in good health and spirits as we age, and this was definitely emphasized at Falls River. They also have lots of organized activities such as bean-bag tournaments, bingo, crafts, etc.The staff were always very friendly and positive and dedicated, at least, they were until a change of management freaked them all out (see notes about that below.) The medical staff were knowledgeable and outgoing, and stayed right on top of medication schedules and changes. Even the facility maintenance staff were enthusiastic and would drop whatever they were doing if a resident needed a lightbulb changed or their clock battery replaced etc., and they did it with great respect and a hug and a joke.The dining-room staff were also generally upbeat and positive, and the dining-room was beautifully appointed and had a really good atmosphere for socializing and eating. The food, well... (and this was also the case in the two Independent Living facilities Mom lived in prior to this one) let's just say seniors like their food a certain way. They like old-fashioned comfort food the way it is traditionally prepared, like they served it to us when we were kids. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, lasagna, roast beef, etc. They don't like any surprises, especially not with food, and they aren't impressed by something new and exotic. I've noticed that these places all seem to want to go gourmet on their residents. I personally really liked some of the fancy dishes they sprang on the residents (either I or my husband ate there with Mom once a week) but the residents themselves did NOT appreciate the novelty, and especially not Mom who is VERY particular about how things should be done because that's how they have always been done :) She complained incessantly about the food, and though we tried to explain this to management, they never did quite seem to see what the problem was.Things kind of deteriorated after this facility changed management and was taken over by a hotel chain. The food definitely got worse, and even I didn't like it much anymore. There were constant problems with running out of things because the new kitchen manager just didn't have an inventory plan (at least, not one that worked.) But the worst part was that the staff's attitude really became sour and negative, because they were all so afraid they were going to be let go, and those that were kept on were under orders to cut costs in any way possible, and to stop "wasting time" doing nice little things for the residents that they weren't being charged for, etc. The new goal was to cut costs and maximize shareholder value, rather than to make the facility a pleasant place where their residents felt happy and comfortable. Fortunately, after a lot of people threatened to pull their loved ones out of there, management began to behave a little better, and the staff also perked up again. By the time Mom had to be moved to a full nursing facility, we were happier with the atmosphere again and even the food had gotten better. If it stays this way, I would be very happy to live there myself someday.

April 23, 2012

By resources80

The Falls River Assisted Living Facility was a very nice experience. Overall this facility was very clean. The staff were friendly and it appeared as if they really took interested in their resident's care needs. The location of this facility is very convenient for other friends and relatives living in the area and also easy to locate for those traveling to visit their relatives. I would definitely recommend this assisted living facility for other seniors that need care. This facility is truly a home away from home! The residents seem very comfortable!

Photos of Falls River Village

Features of Falls River Village

• Features Extra: Secured Entry

• Home Sale Assistance

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• State Licenses: HAL-092-142

About Falls River Village

Senior assisted living at Falls River Village offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Falls River Village, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Raleigh has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Falls River Village, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Intimate homelike communities ___ Offering AL and MC on the same campus making transitions smoother___ Nestled in a neighborhood close to shopping and activities___ On-site rehabilitation services___ Single level secured communities.

Map of Falls River Village