Silver Creek by Bonaventure

17607 91st Avenue E, Puyallup, WA, 98375

Reviews of Silver Creek by Bonaventure

Nancy106013150 May 03, 2015

Our second choice would have been Silver Creek. We went there once and looked at it . They were very friendly. It was very nice in there. It was not exactly what we were looking for, but for what it was, it was nice. We did eat there, and the food was alright. It was nice that you could go there as being independent, and as you get older and need more help, you just gradually merge into the other parts of it because they have everything right there. I basically remember that it was really nice, and you wouldn't have to move again, but it was awfully expensive. This was a secure place because everything was all in one building. It was very limited as to the income that people have. It is for the middle class and up.

Sherry48 April 30, 2015

My mom has been placed in Silver Creek. When she pushes the risk button if she needs to use the restroom, they're there in pretty decent amount of time. Occasionally, it takes a little bit longer, but for the most part they're right there. The staff is very friendly and very happy. The people around mom seem to be very happy, so I think it's a good thing.

She's in a 1-room little apartment. It's very clean. They just put a new carpet in when she got there. The food is awesome. They've got waiters and waitresses that come out and take their order, and they've got choices. She's only been there for less than a month. They've got bingo, they have outings, and if she needs to go shopping, they've got shuttles that take them. The place is also close to my dad.

Caring107715350 March 20, 2015

I love Silver Creek by Bonaventure. This is my favorite. I only know what I know from visiting it. We did not choose it because it was far away, but it was my favorite. I liked everything except the location. I like the staff. I like the fact that when you walk in the residents were happy, smiling, and enjoying themselves and not just there. That was very impressive. They showed me around, and everything was clean and smelled good. All the places start to get the smell. It didn't have that, so it was kind of nice. All carpeting didn't have any wear pattern. They have two different dining rooms. I was really impressed by the whole thing. They did have a library, but I'm unaware if they have an exercise area. They did have a pool table and a room where they play bingo. They have a beauty and barber salon in-house. I loved it. They have a lot. The day that I visited it, they were getting ready for a Luau Party for the residents. Everybody was watching them setup, it was super exciting, and it was fun.

Caring94410850 September 12, 2014

The studio apartments of Silver Creek by Bonaventure were pretty small. The dining area was nice. We ate lunch there one day, and the food was passable; it was good, nothing spectacular, but average. They had game rooms, cards, and that type of stuff. I think their studio apartment was small, and the price was too high for what you get.

caring09501 August 17, 2014

I checked a 1-bedroom at Silver Creek. We went there for a happy hour. The dining area was like a restaurant. My mother-in-law has been very resistant to the place. We're trying to acclimate her before we put her in there. Yesterday they had live music that came in, which freaked her out. She can't stand it. She's 90 years old, but she's fine than most of them there with all their walkers and air tanks. So that was not a good response. We were hoping for a lively group of drunken senior citizens where she could just laugh.

Actually it was less depressing than some that we've been to. I think it's reminiscent of almost a hotel kind of atmosphere. What we like about is they have a lot congregating areas, so if you have people over you can go to different areas that they have set up around the facility, so the architecture was really thought out. We like that a lot. The people are nice and very responsive to the clientele.

Alice17 January 18, 2014

I visited Silver Creek because I lived around the area and I knew about it because we had done a search for my aunt and uncle about three years ago. Silver Creek looked nice and it was clean. I liked that the staff was very friendly and helpful. They seemed to care about the people who were there. I saw the rooms. They were very nice and spacious. They were also close to shopping. They had a lot of activities, but I didn't get a chance to see them. I would recommend it. I knew it was a good place, but my aunt and uncle couldn't afford it.

sarakessler0313 June 30, 2012

The facility looked like a regular apartment building. It was nice on the interior and up to date. The people were surprised that the woman was out in the road. In front of her they explained she had just taken her sleep medication and suffered from Alzheimers. The elderly woman went in to confess to me that she was treated poorly by the staff and that they were "mean" to her. The staff members laughed and just said she was crazy. I felt that the woman was very disrespected and they needed to take her more seriously. The fact that this woman easily left and was out on the road means they need more security/nurses checking up on her for her own safety.

From Silver Creek by Bonaventure

Life on your terms

Bonaventure is all about one thing: life on your terms. That's why so many people choose a Bonaventure community after they've looked at the other options. It's also why so many doctors, referral agencies, churches and others, not to mention 96% of our residents, enthusiastically recommend us to their friends and families.

We care about what home means to you. We're dedicated to giving you a caring, lively, comfortable, affordable place to make your home. We want it to be filled with family, fun, new experiences and exactly the amount of expert help and care you desire, from a little to a lot.

Home Cooking

Enough with the philosophy, let's talk food! Our in-house chef makes your meals from scratch every day, they don't come from a can. Our healthy and delicious food is often listed as a reason people make their homes here. It is so tasty, you'll be happy we have physical activities and easy fitness programs to keep you from putting on a few pounds! Don't just take our word for it; make us put our money where your mouth is. We invite you to come by for lunch or dinner. It's on us. You can meet new friends and get their opinion on our quality and service.

Transportation

Whether you're going to the symphony or the supermarket, we're here for you. Compare our transportation options to the others and you'll see how easy we make it to stay on the go.

Freedom & Choice

Your home at Bonaventure offers you the choices you need to maintain your freedom, so you can enjoy life on your terms. Spend your days enjoying our sunny walking paths, well-stocked libraries and places to garden while relying on us for vital services like top-notch building security and advanced emergency call systems.

Begin the Adventure

Start something new and exciting in your life. There's no place like home, especially when it's your home at a Bonaventure Senior Living community. If we're right for you, you'll know it 10 minutes after you walk in the door. Come explore your next chapter

Silver Creek is conveniently located on 91st Ave East one block off 176th Street East. Our beautiful tree-lined campus is nestled in a quiet park-like setting just minutes away from an assortment of restaurants and shopping centers for all your retail needs.

Features of Silver Creek by Bonaventure

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Washer/dryer in apt

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Field Trips to local sites of interest

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid