Brookdale Puyallup

123 Fourth Avenue NW, Puyallup, WA, 98371

Reviews of Brookdale Puyallup

arbiter September 27, 2012

My grandfather despite being a surly old man was beloved by all the staff in the assisted living facility where he spent the last years of his life. The lead nurse would always refer to him by name and tell my mother and I what he had eaten, how he was doing, any problems that had arose since our last visit and more. The staff in general seemed to care about increasing the quality of life for their residents and were excellent at their jobs. There was also opportunities for physical therapy on premises and the physical therapy staff were just as friendly and professional with grandpa as his nurses were.

andrew15 August 28, 2012

About a month ago, my fianc̩e and I visited my grandmother at her new home in Merrill Gardens in Puyallup, Washington. I was blown away at the quality of life this facility offers its residents. The staff warmly welcomed us and seemed thrilled at the thought of family participation at the facility. We visited around lunchtime and were amazed at the wide selection of food. There was a full salad bar with fresh fruits and vegetables, a restaurant-style menu for entr̩es, and variety of different ice creams for dessert. At around 10 dollars per person, I feel that the meal was quite affordable. Another thing that surprised me about the experience is the calendar of events for the residents. Many participate in a weekly Wii Bowling game, and some even have played in a Wii Bowling tournament in Seattle. My grandmother also pointed out that there are beginning Spanish classes, card games, exercise classes, and many other activities that enable residents to maintain an active social life. The final item of note is that all residents and visitors have to check in and out of the complex as they come and go. This gave me peace of mind as my grandmother gets confused easily, and having her check in and out helps the staff keep tabs on her. All in all, I'm very content that my grandmother is in this positive living environment.

From Brookdale Puyallup

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Puyallup