Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup Puyallup, WA

Reviews of Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup | Puyallup, WA

Overview of Ratings

3.8

March 27, 2014

Emeritus at the Courtyard was a very nice and welcoming facility. However, given the choice between close and closer, I chose closer. Their lunch menu was timed, and it was not quite as much memory care as the one my mom is at now.

December 27, 2013

My mother-in-law has been in Emeritus for quite a while now. Their staff is really good and vey attentive to Lucy and her needs. When I called, they're always following up. Her room is beautiful. They do have quite a bit of activities but Lucy can't participate because her dementia has progressed to the point where they don't want her wandering anywhere. She also would hide her money and then, when they take her out, she doesn't have her money. So it has been really frustrating for the whole family for her to not be able to do that. They don't keep a safe box or anything. I wish that the activity director would be able to keep $20 on from us so that she can have it just for petty cash, but they won't do it, that's one thing that I'm non-favored of. I would recommend them if the person doesn't have a problem with memory care. I think they're not a good facility for someone like my mother-in-law. We are going to have to move her eventually because this is not a good place for memory care and they just don't anything like that. They say they have it, but I don't see any. They need to improve on activities too.

August 13, 2013

By Judy37

I was very impressed by the staff at Emeritus at the Courtyard because they were very kind and they seemed motivated. The rooms were fantastic and clean. They seemed to have good activities and they were mostly an older group. There were more types of care but they did not show me the actual memory care unit. The staffing level, however, was not close in comparison to the other facility where my husband stayed. My husband needed specialized memory care and they did not have an on-care call doctor. It was also more expensive.

December 22, 2012

By Danny3

I visited this facility because my Great Grandmother was living here. The staff seems very nice and helpful and she loves the courtyard outside with the trees and flowers. She seems to really be enjoying her time here. One thing I personally liked was this large dining area. I'm not sure what they officially call this room, but it has high ceilings with chandeliers, and very nice tables with fancy settings. It looks like a high-end restaurant.

February 29, 2012

By sharon63tbird

My aunt is a current resident and she loves it! I toured with my friend who I hoped would move in. She decided to stay where she is at. She was not interested in sharing a room. But, it is a great facility. I will recommend it to others!

September 30, 2011

By lucyh

Very well run. I visited my grandmother here and it was wonderful to know that she was not only in a clean facility, but that the staff had a true investment in her well-being.

Photos of Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup

Features of Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup

About Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup