Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup

4610 6th Street Place SE, Puyallup, WA, 98374

Reviews of Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup

Caring94803950 September 30, 2014

Everything was fine at Emeritus at the Courtyard. We had our visit at the facility and we were interested with the place. Everything seemed to be clean and good. The rooms were fine. The staff was accommodating. They mentioned that they have good activities for their residents. They also have buses that take people out. They have a computer room too. They have 24-hour service to eat,which most places didn’t have.

caring09501 August 17, 2014

We didn’t like the feel of Emeritus. Their hallways are really narrow and there weren't as many community areas. People just comes up and down in their wheelchairs in the hallways like a nursing home. So we don't like that at all. The layout of the facility did not take into consideration that people would want to congregate. It is not conducive to having places for people to be able fit and hang out and socialize. The areas are really small and non-existent so far as places for them to go. There was just only one tiny little activity room at the end of the hallway.

But the people that work there is fine. There were different parts of that facility that would have been nice. The individual cottages were great. They also had a nursing home part. It remind me more of a nursing home than an assisted living The studio was fine but it was small

Caring65089450 April 21, 2014

Emeritus at the Courtyard was small, but it didn't have a sense of being cooped up in it. There was a sense of room. They were very clean all the way around, and it was well-maintained. The staff was friendly and competent. I had a meal there, and the meal was very good. Their dining room was average. They had activities, but I didn't go for any of those.

Caring81172350 March 27, 2014

Emeritus at the Courtyard was a very nice and welcoming facility. However, given the choice between close and closer, I chose closer. Their lunch menu was timed, and it was not quite as much memory care as the one my mom is at now.

Caring65309550 December 27, 2013

My mother-in-law has been in Emeritus for quite a while now. Their staff is really good and vey attentive to Lucy and her needs. When I called, they're always following up. Her room is beautiful. They do have quite a bit of activities but Lucy can't participate because her dementia has progressed to the point where they don't want her wandering anywhere. She also would hide her money and then, when they take her out, she doesn't have her money. So it has been really frustrating for the whole family for her to not be able to do that. They don't keep a safe box or anything. I wish that the activity director would be able to keep $20 on from us so that she can have it just for petty cash, but they won't do it, that's one thing that I'm non-favored of. I would recommend them if the person doesn't have a problem with memory care. I think they're not a good facility for someone like my mother-in-law. We are going to have to move her eventually because this is not a good place for memory care and they just don't anything like that. They say they have it, but I don't see any. They need to improve on activities too.

Judy37 August 13, 2013

I was very impressed by the staff at Emeritus at the Courtyard because they were very kind and they seemed motivated. The rooms were fantastic and clean. They seemed to have good activities and they were mostly an older group. There were more types of care but they did not show me the actual memory care unit. The staffing level, however, was not close in comparison to the other facility where my husband stayed. My husband needed specialized memory care and they did not have an on-care call doctor. It was also more expensive.

Danny3 December 22, 2012

I visited this facility because my Great Grandmother was living here. The staff seems very nice and helpful and she loves the courtyard outside with the trees and flowers. She seems to really be enjoying her time here. One thing I personally liked was this large dining area. I'm not sure what they officially call this room, but it has high ceilings with chandeliers, and very nice tables with fancy settings. It looks like a high-end restaurant.

sharon63tbird February 29, 2012

My aunt is a current resident and she loves it! I toured with my friend who I hoped would move in. She decided to stay where she is at. She was not interested in sharing a room. But, it is a great facility. I will recommend it to others!

lucyh September 30, 2011

Very well run. I visited my grandmother here and it was wonderful to know that she was not only in a clean facility, but that the staff had a true investment in her well-being.

From Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup