Bishop Place Senior Living

815 Southeast Klemgard, Pullman, WA, 99163

Reviews of Bishop Place Senior Living

Maryann222 February 02, 2014

Bishop Place has a wonderful environment. Not only does it have compentent caregivers, they have licensed nurses on site around the clock. This provides so much reassurance. The care has been excellent and the staff have been friendly and overly helpful. This is a wonderful facility and I would recommend it to anyone! My mother has lived here for 5 years and they do everything they can to make it a great home for her. The activities are wonderful and on going and they have all sorts of special events that make my mom really enjoy living here. My mom and myself have been thrilled with the care my mom receives. I have never seen not enough staffing or some of the other comments that have been made on here and trust me I would have seen it as I visit my mom almost daily. Bishop Place is by far the best facility around!

worriedaboutmyrelative November 23, 2013

NOT RECOMMENDED unless resident is in great health and is certain to remain not needing help until their death (and who can predict THAT???) The place is nice visually but it is all for looks. The call buttons for help do not work often, and when they do, there is sometimes 20 to 30 minutes' wait time for help. I repeat. This place is for very helathy people only, not ones needing even the minimum of help. Staff does not get patients to their doctor if life-threatening symptoms arise. The nurses cannot even take a blood draw or urine sample. I feel my relative is at risk beause of lack of care at this facility. It should be licensed as ONLY a senior independent living facility. It is not safe for anybody else.

pete7746 August 30, 2012

I visited this facility at lease a dozen times over the course of a 4 year period. The facility it self is very nice and in excellent condition. Everything is clean and well maintained. They have lots of various activities for and a lot of free space for the guests to hang out in. The food was as you would expect from a facility like this. They also provided transportation around the city if the guests wanted to go shopping or just to get out. The rooms were a little small but they are well taken care of and up to date. The biggest down fall of the facility is the staff. Some of them were very nice and helpful and others were the complete opposite. The ones who were helpful were very nice and willing to lend a hand or do just about anything you might ask. Others didn't seem like they really cared and seemed to almost avoid there job. Many of them didn't seem to really want to do anything extra and would just do the bare minimum. At times it did seem like they might be a little understaffed for the size of the facility. Overall it is a very nice place, I just think the staff could try a little harder and they could have a few more people there to help out.

hikerguy June 30, 2012

The facility did not have adequate parking, often was hard to find a spot in the parking lot. However the staff seemed to be quite friendly to visitors. there was a sign in book you had to sign and date for your visit as well as indicate who you were visiting. This sign in book was also used to check residents in and out of the facility. There was a large dining room, however the food served was your standard fare for cafeteria food. The food was served with seniors in mind as all of the veggies were well steamed. The rooms in the facility were amply sized and had wide doors to accommodate wheelchairs. There seemed to be sufficient social activities provided, my grandmother often talked about her canasta group and her poker group where she won many quarters from the other residents. The staff seemed knowledgeable in assisting the residents in taking their medication as well as bathing and toilet services.

jennyf November 16, 2011

My mother receives EXCELLENT care! The staff are very friendly, treat people like they are part of their own family. Mangement is always friendly and responsive. Caregivers and nurses work hard but care needs are always taken care of. I would recommend them to anyone! It's nice to know that my mother is well cared for and that she is able to stay here instead of go to a nursing home.

catherine1 October 27, 2011

This facility is nice for the most part if the elderly resident placed there does not need an abundance of help. The "apartments" located inside are clean and inviting, if a little small. There are call buttons conveniently placed inside of each apartment and bathroom for the residents to pull if they are in distress and need immediate help. This is the biggest perk of the place. The cafeteria is also nice. The food is brought out to each resident as if they are eating in a restaurant. A word of warning though, if the elderly resident does need a lot of assistance in day-to-day activities, they would be better off in another nursing home in the area. The "caregivers" in this facility are understaffed and have a hard time getting around to all of the residents who do need help with certain tasks. This is a nice place to go for someone who does not need too much help, but wants to have a call-button option along with three meals a day provided, with other elderly company readily available to them.

From Bishop Place Senior Living

Bishop Place is designed to provide a beautiful home for our residents, while offering the care and services needed to maintain an active quality lifestyle. Here at Bishop Place our community has been built upon caring, love and a sense of family. We truly value the trust placed in us by our residents and their families. Additionally, unlike many facilities, Bishop Place employs licensed nurses who are on site 18 hours a day, 365 days a year and on call 24 hours a day.

Our home-like atmosphere allows residents to enjoy the advantages of community living without compromising their individuality, dignity or privacy.

Whether you are considering retirement living, assisted living, memory care or enhanced care for yourself or a loved one, I invite you to call and schedule a tour of Bishop Place. It would be my pleasure to show you around so you can see firsthand what makes Bishop Place so special.

Location of Bishop Place Senior Living