Acorn Glen

Overview of Ratings

3.3

January 24, 2012

By dli425

I work in the health care industry, so I am generally skeptical about nursing homes and assisted living facilities. It seems like the majority of them are poorly run, and the people who live there are, if not treated badly, at least not treated as well as they should be. I visited Acorn Glen with a friend to visit his grandfather (who is 103), and who has been living there for some time now. I was really pleasantly surprised, the staff was incredibly sweet, and his grandfather seemed very close to the one nurse who sees him most of the time. That for me signals that the nursing home is of high quality, because the staff seems to care about the seniors living there. There was a beautiful outdoor area where the seniors could sit on good days, and opening out onto this area was an airy room with lots of windows, so even on bad days, at least they could get some sunshine. The rooms were modest but nice. My friend's grandfather seemed to have a lot of friends, all of whom were happy and excited to hang out with each other. He even has a girlfriend at the nursing home (he has been widowed for some time now), which tells me that the nursing home has been encouraging interactions between the residents.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

About Acorn Glen

Acorn Glen is an assisted living facility in Princeton, NJ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Acorn Glen for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Acorn Glen