Acorn Glen

775 Mt. Lucas Road, Princeton, NJ, 08540

Reviews of Acorn Glen

helptheelderly June 13, 2012

Acorn Glen is beautiful on the inside and outside. The white doors and rocking chair front porch are inviting and eye-catching. As you walk in the front doors, a beautiful stairway to the second story meets your eye and there is usually someone sitting at the desk to greet you. For the most part, there always seems to be something going on for the residents! At first glance, it seems like a great assisted-living establishment. However, not everything is as great as it may seem. The residents mostly have the same one doctor, who appears to know little if anything about her patients. The staff takes a long time to answer pages and respond to calls for help (my grandparents sometimes had to wait anywhere from 30-45 minutes). The nurses usually do not know what is going on and are not very compassionate. All in all, Acorn Glen has a beautiful cover, but I wouldn't encourage anyone I love to live there for any period of time. I believe it shortened the lives of both my grandparents because once there, they seemed to lose the will to live.

Cade1 March 14, 2012

The staff of the facility sticks out in my mind the most. The first time my family visited Acorn Glen, right upon entering my sister and were met by one of my grandparents' caretakers with a hug and an enthusiastic greeting. She knew both of our names, our respective schools, and even interests. This sort of genuine commitment and energy was reflected in the rest of the staff, who are always friendly and who always look happy to be there. One thing of note is that my grandfather was attended to by an African-American nurse, which (being from a different generation) upset him at first. However, she was a lovely and charming person and he quickly warmed up to her. I'm glad that the staff were skilled and patient enough to make a positive experience out of my grandfather's stubbornness, and a learning experience as well.

dli425 January 24, 2012

I work in the health care industry, so I am generally skeptical about nursing homes and assisted living facilities. It seems like the majority of them are poorly run, and the people who live there are, if not treated badly, at least not treated as well as they should be. I visited Acorn Glen with a friend to visit his grandfather (who is 103), and who has been living there for some time now. I was really pleasantly surprised, the staff was incredibly sweet, and his grandfather seemed very close to the one nurse who sees him most of the time. That for me signals that the nursing home is of high quality, because the staff seems to care about the seniors living there. There was a beautiful outdoor area where the seniors could sit on good days, and opening out onto this area was an airy room with lots of windows, so even on bad days, at least they could get some sunshine. The rooms were modest but nice. My friend's grandfather seemed to have a lot of friends, all of whom were happy and excited to hang out with each other. He even has a girlfriend at the nursing home (he has been widowed for some time now), which tells me that the nursing home has been encouraging interactions between the residents.

About Acorn Glen

Acorn Glen is an assisted living facility in Princeton, NJ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Acorn Glen for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Acorn Glen