Highgate Senior Living

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Highgate Senior Living

May 12, 2015

By CheryleJ

This was an excellent choice I made for my Dad. They know each resident by name and go out of their way to include them in extra activities. The care he receives is top notch. The only complaint I have is with the food service. Service is slow, the variety could be better.

April 07, 2015

By Tammy sotzin

I give this facility a 4 star. The caring and loving environment you won't find anywhere else. We looked at several places before choosing Highgate, and the holistic approach with the amazing dimentia unit is amazing.

January 24, 2015

By Marcia21

I was able to visit Highgate Senior Living, and it's a beautiful facility -- almost like a resort. It was very well appointed, and the staff there is very friendly and gracious. They were absolutely wonderful, but it's expensive. My sister went in there for a month, but her husband can't afford to put her there for a long time. My sister loves this facility. Many of the staff members knew her by name and spoke to her. She was very much well-cared for while she was there. The dining area was open to their guests too. I saw the menu, and it was incredible, but I didn’t get to taste the food. My sister loves the food, and I consider that to be really good. They have different activities that they can all do. They have bingo and card games. They have a special theater area, and it almost looks like a movie theatre. I was really impressed, and I haven’t seen a facility as elaborate as this.

December 11, 2013

By Roberta.C

Why I appreciate Highgate of Prescott Lakes Following my father's discharge from a geriatric hospital unit, I was faced with the painful reality of his level of care being beyond my physical capabilities. After looking at over 20 different assisted living homes and facilities in a 50 mile radius, I was pleased to learn of Highgate Senior Living. Having previoulsly ministered in over a dozen assisted living communities and nursing homes for 9 years, I was well aware of the dark, depressing, and hospital-like environments for which most dementia or memory care units are renowned. The Cottages at Highgate, however, is a departure from the norm and has a light and airy feel that is a refreshing and even charming setting. Moreover, while touring there I was both surprised and delighted to walk into the activity area, where many of the residents with more advanced brain disease, were happily engaged in playing community games and crafts. But the area in which I was most impressed with Highgate's approach to care, was when I asked the staff RN if the facility's attending doctor could be contacted to lower the dosage of my father's antipsychotic drug. She said, "Sure!" And low and behold, after the doctor's approval, within 48 hours there was significant improvement in my father's physical health and mental behaviors. He went into Highgate in a wheelchair, needing help with every area of his daily life, i.e.; getting out of a chair, walking, feeding, dressing, bathing, etc. But a little over a month later, my father is home with me and is now walking without any supporting aids, talking, self-feeding, and although he still needs daily assistance in several areas, Highgate's willingness to work with the family relative to a more modest approach to dispensing medications was the first encounter with an organization I've had, that takes a conservative approach to medicating the elderly. Every other medical care setting in which my father had previously been, their goal was to "keep the patient in a wheelchair", which [sadly] is more readily accomplished by overdrugging. Not at Highgate. They seek to help keep active, this fragile, kind, and often helpless population that comprises the great generation of this country's past. I can't promise you the kind of improvement my father experienced while at Highgate, but in many areas of ammenities and care, Highgate does stand above the rest. Most likely, as my 91 year-old father's disease process advances, I will again, have to put him into the care of professionals. However in the meantime, because of Highgate's holistic approach to care, I have the privilege of personally caring for my dad a little while longer. R.I.C. Verde Valley, Arizona

March 01, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Highgate Senior Living facility while searching for a place for our parents to live in the Prescott area. The facility looked like it could accommodate all levels of ambulation. The grounds outside offered easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around freely safely each day. We could also see that there is also plenty of space to have cookouts, parties and picnics. The foyer was fresh and bright with very nice decorations and furniture. All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Each room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The colors throughout the building were soothing and comfortable. Communal activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture. The seniors can easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many stimulating activities. Residents could also tend the garden. The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings. Each had a great deal of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable and beautiful furniture. The dining areas were well lit with natural light and spacious, yet still homey with a cheery decor. The food we saw looked and smelled appetizing. All menus had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever requested. Seniors are encouraged to use the equipment and take classes in the exercise room or go on daily walks. The residents go on many day trips to visit the many Arizona cultural destinations such as art galleries and museums. They also enjoy local eateries at casual and fine restaurants in and around the region. The residents looked very well cared for and content in their living environment, with many kind and considerate staff.

About Highgate Senior Living

Highgate Senior Living is an assisted living facility in Prescott, AZ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Highgate Senior Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Highgate Senior Living