Brookdale Prescott

211 Bradshaw Drive, Prescott, AZ, 86303

Reviews of Brookdale Prescott

Kj12345 November 14, 2015

I am a relative of residents. The facility has gone downhill in the past year. My relatives (who I visit regularly) have noted poor food. There used to be good chefs and now just a couple of cooks. Food service is slow, they wait over an hour sometimes to get an egg for breakfast. Recently the portions are even getting smaller. Their apartment is supposed to be cleaned weekly, but somehow there are never enough employees, and it gets cleaned about half as much. Clothing items are poorly handled in the laundry. Colors are mixed so white things get stained. Clothes are missing, even with names and room numbers in them. Brookdale never accounts for them. I don't know if any where else is better, but this is very disappointing.

Anonymous112691350 September 16, 2015

Brookdale Prescott (Formerly The Peridot) was a very nice place, and the people were very friendly. It was very clean and well run. They had a nice restaurant.

Caring111068850 August 15, 2015

My sister went to Brookdale Prescott for a couple of weeks. It fitted her needs, and the price was right. It was very close to our home. Our home was actually down the block. I would go visit her and take her out so she could pick up some stuff and different things. It was in a good location for her. She had a small studio. The facility was safe for her. She had assistance when she needed it.

Caring107821550 May 28, 2015

I like the scenery at Brookdale Prescott (Peridot) and the fact that it’s big, spacious, and very clean. There are a lot of windows where you could see the natural surroundings. From the outside location, it’s easy to find, but it’s really interesting that it was set up against a hill. The only thing I would say that there is very limited parking space. My sister was confined to a wheelchair. We had to park at a distance then get her to the door, but other than that, it was very picturesque.

The room that we saw was very spacious. We met the personnel, the administrators, and some caregivers. We met a lady there, and she was very helpful; she was answering all the questions that we asked. The caregivers were very friendly and very helpful. They were offering the regular activities, board games, and bingo. They had guest speakers, music, yoga, and different chair exercises, and they take them out into the community like to the mall.

Caring105212850 April 28, 2015

Peridot was fine. It is independent living, so people will do their own cooking. They have a meal plan, and it’s very well taken care of. They have a good program, and they care about the people. They have a variety of very good rooms. They have activities and bus rides, and the food was very good. The staff was very good and caring.

Cynthia37 February 10, 2015

We are on a budget, and that's what really opened our eyes to The Peridot because it was probably the nicest and the cheapest one we found. We found a few other ones that were inexpensive, but they were all like broken down and not really nice looking. It is set way high up in Prescott, so you got a nice view, and it has another retirement home facility on the bottom, but they are on the top so it is kind of peaceful up there; there are not a lot of neighbors, just the facility itself. The rooms are small, but my father-in-law is just going to sleep in there, and he has his own little kitchen and living room. And the lady is really nice because she is helping us out for the first month with the payment. I think her name was Rebecca, and like I said she was really nice; she helped us and answered all my questions. They were playing bingo, but she let us know about all their activities. They take you to the casino, you got to sign up for Walmart trips, they have race cart like races, Wii bowling, card games, and the dance. Their pricing is the best, and the dining room almost reminds me of the Titanic ballroom.

Loree2 December 12, 2014

Peridot Retirement & Assisted Living does seem well organized. The facility is very clean, and the residents seem relatively well cared for. The staff members are very helpful. The rooms are very clean and well-maintained. When my ward first moved in, they were undergoing changes, so I would say that they have greatly improved, and now they are very good. He does the exercise program, he participates in the discussion groups, and then they just had a big Halloween that was open to the public, so they do community events as well.

Caring91450350 August 29, 2014

We like Peridot, but we are not ready to make a move. We are perfectly able right now to take care of ourselves, but we wanted to find out what's available for us. What I find most appealing about this facility is that they do the things that you are having trouble doing. The facility also seemed to be very adequate. They really had good food. We had a very nice tour. We felt we knew pretty much what was there and what the costs were.

Lorrie3 May 30, 2014

Peridot was airy, open, and definitely did not feel like an old person's hospital. My friend wanted to live there compared to the other places he visited, because the price was more reasonable for him, yet it still offered the care that he would need. He wanted a little bit of independent living. The staff worked very well, especially since it's assisted care. They were not over the top on the residents; they gave them their space, but they were there when the residents needed them. He was in a shared apartment with two bedrooms, one bathroom, living room, small kitchen, and a patio. The dining room was nice and spacious. I could say it was friendly for the older people because they served them, but they could also go through the breakfast line and salad bar area. It was very nice. There were various activities, like they took the residents to grocery stores, banks, casinos, or trail drives to see the community. There was also bingo, movie night, and other activities inside the care facility. Overall, I was impressed with the price, and I would recommend this place to other people.

Caring85363150 May 30, 2014

Peridot looked very comfortable. It had a lot of different choices for living arrangements. I appreciate that they took time to talk to me and showed me what's available. The staff was great. They answered my questions. They told me what they could and couldn't do, and I really appreciate it.

Holly13 March 29, 2014

We picked Peridot because there were several of the veterans at that location and they also had 10 or 12 people with the same vision impairment my father has. I was able to find a veteran to share a room with, and they also had a share program and we were able to pick two of the veterans together.

The rooms were very nice and very accommodating. They have 2-bedrooms and 1-bedrooms. I chose the 2-bedroom because I thought with the blindness, it would be better for him actually to have someone else to assist him and they're very helpful as far as services, taking him to and from a meal. The staff is very, very pleasant. They treat everybody like family. Most everyone there really does care. They follow up on complaints and they seem to be very actively following through.

He loves the food. He likes everything there. He's been on a low-sodium diet for a lot of years. I use salt, and I thought it was fine. Everything was very tasteful. They have a lot of activities, but he doesn't participate in them because of his blindness and deafness. They have a walking program where they will take them out walking. They have exercise classes. They have all the other events, but he can't really track most. They did a nice job with almost everything they had. I highly recommend them.

Caring80471350 March 28, 2014

Peridot showed us everything we wanted to know. The food was very nice and edible. It's welcoming, but my mother thought it felt more like an institution to her. It's her personal thing. I thought the rooms were very nice. We did try the food, but we were not too impressed with their vegetarian selections. My mother is vegetarian.

Caring72758350 October 24, 2013

My parents are in The Peridot. It's a beautiful facility and I like it. It's really clean. It's basically a retirement home/assisted living. They have 24-hour nurse on-call. They have beautiful apartments. They provide my parents meals three times a day. My mom is not really thrilled about the food, although my dad doesn't seem to mind it. They also have transportation for them if they want to go down to one of the stores there. It's just a great place! My parents have only been there for a couple of months, but at this point, I'm happy with it. What I like best about this facility is the fact that my parents are safe there. They all have life alert buttons that if anything happens, somebody would be there within minutes. It's just the safety factor and knowing somebody is there for them 24 hours a day, I like that about the place.

Ann29 September 26, 2013

The Peridot is beautiful. It's very nice and quiet. My mom hates the food, but she hates the food everywhere. She has a dining room and a little kitchen although she doesn't cook anymore. She complains they're always knocking on her door and making her do stuff.

Close Relative December 29, 2011

Most of the staff appear competent and very caring.

There are maintenance issues concerning the dryer in the laundry room on the fourth floor. It has been reported to management that it is not working properly. Supposedly it has been fixed, twice, but it still does not dry properly. It really needs to be serviced by the dryer manufacturer or replaced; whatever has been done so far is not correcting the problem. The residents on the floor complain to each other about the unreasonable length of time it takes to dry their clothes.

Something needs to be done for a permanent solution. Telling residents to do their laundry on another floor is not an acceptable solution, or comment for that matter. These folks are elderly and should not have to cart their laundry to other floors, especially since having laundry facilities on each floor is supposed to be one of the benefits of living there.

Elena M. Atwill October 28, 2011

My entire family visited my mother in the Peridot last April. She is enthralled with the care she recieves but the food is really quite unedible. We were shocked at the clearly prepackaged evrything and the presentation was embarrassing. We have complained but to no avail. If my mother did not like the staff so much we would insist that she move. I sincerely do not think that the CEO of Emeritus would allow his loved ones to consume this food or diet.

Nonslid June 12, 2011

Visited this facility

I brought a close friend with me when I went to see this facility. It was attractively decorated, clean, no odors. However, we waited for some time in the office and no one appeared. Several staff walked on past but none inquired if we needed help nor if they could help in any way. I got to feeling like I was an intruder. Finally the office staff member came. She did not welcome us nor inquire if she could assist in any way. I took the incentive and inquired about the facility. To which she replied :What do you want to know ?. She quickly stated that they had "no vacancies, there was a long waiting list" She also stated that she had none of the rooms to show me. She did not even suggest that I sign a waiting list, nor indicate where it was. I left the facility feeling very unwelcome. I would not consider this facility for the reason of feeling like I was "a bother".

From Brookdale Prescott

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Prescott

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Many common area balconies with amazing views

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: personal care
  • State License(s): AL8058C

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Prescott