Reviews of Vassar-Warner Home
Harry180164 July 31, 2016
I visited this facility
Vassar-Warner Home was a nice and clean place. It's an old building but well-maintained. The staff looked like they were professional, and the person staying there were very happy.
DutifulGrandson July 25, 2012
I visited this facility
The Vassar-Warner Home for Senior Citizens is a beautiful, well-kept place in the heart of Poughkeepsie, New York. The surrounding area is a little run down, but no ill effects of the neighborhood deterioration are visible on the Vassar-Warner premises. The building's architecture leads me to believe it was built at the turn of the century, but it is in phenomenal condition, with only some very slight, almost microscopic cosmetic deficiencies.The staff is very friendly and accommodating, not just to my great aunt (who resides there), but to me and my family during our visit. They were very eager to please us and insisted on getting us something to drink or eat. From the horse's mouth, my aunt says this is no aberration or display; they do an exceptional job whether people are watching or not.Her quarters, in my experience with retirement homes, were very spacious. The room was nice and cool and there was ample room for her to live comfortably. And to my knowledge, she lives very comfortably indeed.
chickenlittle June 02, 2012
I am a friend or relative of a resident
The staff here is unbelievable. They are all so caring and helpful and have really made my grandfather feel right at home in a place that he thought was going to be a terrible experience. The facility itself is very nice, it's clean and very pretty looking. The only negative thing I have to say about that place is the food, from what my grandfather has told me it is terrible and he hates to eat it so we try to bring him food instead. Even though my grandfather is 80 years old he is still very active and healthy, this retirement home provides its residents with a variety of activities for them to participate in, such as traveling to surrounding towns to attend concerts, providing them with books, or doing a puzzle with some friends. You could tell that the people working here want their residents to be happy and from what I have seen they are all very happy. One other negative thing that just crossed my mind is the price. I know a few people there who are paying the full price, $3,700.00 a month, which is an awful lot to be paying monthly, luckily my grandfathers insurance pays for most of his bill.
From Vassar-Warner Home
Vassar-Warner Home is a not-for-profit residence serving seniors and their families desiring an independent lifestyle with the added comfort and protection of assistance when needed. The residents make up a culturally, socially and economically diverse community in which the staff, volunteers and trustees seek to provide the compassion and warmth of a true home and the highest quality of service.
We believe in:
- Nurturing both body and spirit
- Celebrating community
- Encouraging independence
- Providing the compassion and warmth of a true home
- Personalizing services to suit individual needs and preferences
- Making family and friends feel welcome
Residents in assisted living need a bit more help managing daily chores than their peers in the adult home. In our assisted living program, Our staff cater to these additional needs and ensure our ALP residents are ready to face the day with all their peers. If a resident’s health care needs exceed our resources, we will find an appropriate and safe living situation and work with the resident and resident’s family to arrange a smooth and dignified transition.
Assisted Living Program Amenities
- An on-site convenience store, The Shopping Place, offers sundries and treats—chocolate is a favorite purchase! Comfortable private, furnished rooms (residents may choose to bring their personal furnishings)
- On-site resident banking
- Phone jack in every room
- Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Cable TV in common area/cable connection in each room
- On-site unisex full service salon for residents
- Varied and stimulating activities program, Residents’ Council, and volunteer advocates
- Graciously decorated common areas and landscaped grounds
- Well stocked library of books and games
- Large parlor for large group activities like movies, karaoke, entertainment, weekly happy hour and birthday parties
- Small lounge for smaller group activities or quiet reading
- Elevators that access all floors
- Beautiful verandas with gorgeous views
What Makes Us Special
For more than 140 years Vassar-Warner Home has been lifting up its residents, providing the traditional services of a senior residence plus the warmth and comfort of a true home.
Features of Vassar-Warner Home
- Pets: No pets allowed
- Minimum age: 55
Room and housing options
- Housing extra: Single Rooms
- Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites
- State License(s): 230-E-014
- Minimum rate: $3,800/month
Location of Vassar-Warner Home
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities