Basecost

Cost

Starting at $2,850/mo.; $3,750/mo. (ALZ)

Payment

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Churchland House

Welcome to Churchland House, a premier senior living community in Portsmouth managed by Commonwealth Assisted Living. Situated in quiet residential neighborhood, Churchland House offers a relaxed setting in a convenient location that has easy access to healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and more. Our community provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. Among the most distinctive features is our signature Sweet Memories program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It's specifically designed for those residents who experience memory loss, Alzheimer's or dementia.

Churchland House boasts a variety of amenities, including healthy dining options, weekly housekeeping and linen service and transportation services. For our active residents, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with private baths. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Churchland House is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you'll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Churchland House further and schedule a tour today.

Centrally located in the heart of Churchland. Close to interstate, shopping and places of worship.

Reviews of Churchland House

Posted by Caring85620150 July 03, 2014
3.0

I would give you a negative review on this place. I hate to do this to them because some people were very happy with them. I was not. I didn't like the staff. I didn't like the set up of the facility. It was clean, though. The room was spacious. Their food and dining room was fine. They do have activities but not as much as the other facilities. If your loved one is almost ready for nursing care, then this place is for them.

Posted by Caring81967550 April 12, 2014
1.0

When I walked in at Churchland House, I felt a dark mood. In talking with the administrator, I felt that everything there was done for a price. I heard nothing about loving the people and caring for the people. I would not go there to live.

Posted by Jmccr July 16, 2013
1.0

i wish I could give them a zero rating. Nasty, uncaring staff. Food you wouldn't serve your dog. In fact, I would not leave my dog there. Management only cares about getting their money.

Posted by Caring2640 May 31, 2013
4.0

Churchland House was nice and clean. The staff were really nice to mom and helpful to me. She didn't get the love and attention that she got in the other facilities. The facility was very attractive, large and roomy with good-size rooms. It's just that I couldn't afford to keep my mom there.

Posted by Satisfied Significant Others December 27, 2012

I can see a lot of interest and sincerity among the people in Churchland House. Everyone I saw there were caring and genuine for the individuals living there. They have entertainment, they have people coming in to socialize with them and they also have a lot of activities. But mostly it's the sincere caregiving. It seems like most of them have a calling to do that. It's expensive like every place is, but she's quite happy and that's number one priority. But it would be great if they could lower the price.

Posted by eppersonka July 11, 2012
4.0

Churchland house is a nice facility overall. The landscaping and physical environment is attractive to the eyes and easy for residents to walk around on. Most of the nurses are very nice and very helpful to both residents and visitors alike. I have only had one bad experience, when one nurse got rude towards another visitor who was trying to visit the lockdown side of Churchland House and forgot to check in first. Overall, the residents seem very well cared for; the nurses are very sweet to the residents and very accommodating. I have also been on tour of the Churchland House in the lockdown section; residents there seem very comfortable, with their nurses accommodating each of them as much as necessary. As long as everyone follows the rules (checking in and out, for visitors, and adhering to curfews and medications, for residents), the place seems to be very peaceful for everyone.

Location of Churchland House

Features of Churchland House

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• Lowest monthly rate: 2,850
  • Highest monthly rate: 5,100
  • Minimum Memory Care Cost: 3,750

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites