Brookdale Park Place Tigard

8445 SW Hemlock, Portland, OR, 97223

Reviews of Brookdale Park Place Tigard

October 25, 2013

We were waiting for an opening at Emeritus at Park Place. My mother-in-law is now on the #2 list. I like that they have whole apartments and that was what she wanted. The atmosphere was wonderful and the staff were very nice. All the people that were there were very friendly and that was what were are hoping for because she has no social skills. They have a bazillion activities; all kinds of activities. Definitely, I would recommend them.

August 25, 2013

By Cyndi7

It was nice and they provided everything. The rooms were fine. They have an activity room with a nice piano and all kinds of games to play. I would recommend it to others.

August 21, 2012

By SnowHawkMike

I will admit that I have very limited experience with this particular provider as I was only there for a visit, however what I saw in my two hour visit was very impressive. The staff was attentive, caring, and respectful of the independence they were able to offer. I never once saw an area that needed extra attention, as it seemed as though the entire place was very well organized. My only feedback about areas to improve would be parking in the area for visitors, however this is more of a Portland thing, rather than a Park Place thing.

October 04, 2011

The entire staff and each of the residents of Park Place have been welcoming and friendly. I have full peace of mind that relocating mom from California to the Portland area to be nearer family has been the best decision. She was made to feel at home from the first moment she entered the facility. The staff took extra steps to make her apartment a perfect setting, even before the arrival of her own furniture. The friendly service has been above and beyond. I look forward to the many years we will count the people of Park Place as extended family.

September 24, 2011

Seems great so far - moved my mother (Carol) into Park Place today. Natasha, Blair and Lana are personable and helpful, our greeter, Beverly, was wonderful and the dinner was great tonight. Thank you all. Updates as we go.

June 23, 2011

By TheMini

At first when I walked in, I thought the set up was a little awkward, and the residents were all very quiet. After introducing myself as a student group member from a local university interested in Gerontology the residents warmed up. I felt that Park Place was clean and nothing looked dingy, however I did notice a slight odor of ammonia in the air which is very shocking when first visiting. The staff were welcoming and warm however they also interacted with residents on an "as needed" basis. I thought their old school diner was actually wonderful for residents, they seemed to enjoy having a non-traditional cafeteria as a gathering place. All in all I enjoyed my tour of park place however I would not recommend one of my own family members to this facility as I feel their standard for quality could be improved upon.

Photos of Brookdale Park Place Tigard

• Financial Aid
  • Financial Guidance Extra: Medicaid

About Brookdale Park Place Tigard

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Come into our community and you're instantly greeted by a feeling of serenity and peace. In fact, visitors often pass by Emeritus at Park Place because our community is literally invisible from our street! Our building is tucked in the woodlands of Metzger Park, surrounded by huge trees and mature landscaping. Our dining room looks out onto a large duck pond, and a stream meanders through our property. Yet we are close to everything! A major mall - Washington Square Mall - is just across the street. Providence St. Vincent's Medical Center is an easy drive to our south. Two major routes - I-5 and Route 217 - are only minutes away. And there are three wonderful senior centers in the immediate vicinity. Emeritus at Park Place truly offers the best of all worlds - a beautiful natural setting, with all of the amenities of a major metropolitan area right in the neighborhood. Plus beautiful Portland is just 15 minutes northeast on I-5. There's never a lack of things to do, thanks to our incredible location. Here in the immediate area, restaurants love to go out for lunch at the Cheese Cake Factory, the Spaghetti Factory or to Graffers Fish and Chips, a little hole in the wall that's famous for its seafood. And of course, frequent trips to Washington Square Mall are always popular with residents. Three or four times a year, we head into downtown Portland, including trips to the Portland International Raceway for its annual Jubitz Winter Wonderland light show, or to the beautiful newly renovated Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, which is home to the Oregon Symphony, White Bird Dance Company, Portland Arts & Lectures, and many more local performing arts groups.

Map of Brookdale Park Place Tigard