Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland

Reviews of Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland

3.4

August 10, 2011

By 3w5tLawn

My father stayed in Oswego Springs for almost nine months. I would have never believed he made it as long as he did, because he is a very difficult person to live with. To the credit of the staff, they were amazingly tolerant and forgiving when my father was obstinate and negative. The facility was going through a change of ownership during this time which had me worried unnecessarily about the stability of the company. I personally found the staff to be likeable and pleasant. Because we were not paying a lot of money I didn't expect the services and amenities to be above average. In the apartment, the refrigerator didn't close properly and the air conditioner was hard to control when we moved in and had to be repaired (which took months). In the dining room the food wasn't very good--especially dinner. But the decor is nice and the facility is clean and safe and in a great neighborhood. Parking is limited and can be a challenge. They offer some fun activities and donuts right before dinner (?) They also have a happy hour with adult beverages and over the holidays I saw the 'Springs become quite festive with caroling and parties. They have a big screen TV and a beautiful grand piano. Oswego Springs did a great job of taking care of my father for the short time he was there. I give the staff an A, the facilities a B, and the food a C.

Photos of Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland

Features of Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: 70A303

About Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland