Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland

11552 SW Lesser Rd., Portland, OR, 97219

Reviews of Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland

Caring72789350 November 21, 2013

We choose Emeritus for our parents because they have a very nice facility. We are probably only about four to five miles away from that facility. All the people working there that we meet are very friendly. It is close to us. Also, the room is very large and that is good for us. They have a spa, a beauty shop and I believe they do have a lot of activities.

Caring0093 April 17, 2013

Oswego's staff has been very helpful, friendly and accommodating. I got my mom a studio apartment. It's a one-bedroom, kitchen facility without a stove, which is okay because my mom can't cook anyway. The food is very good. I put my mother in a palace comparatively. The atmosphere there is very pleasant. It feels like home. The facility is an easy location for me. I would recommend it to others. I would go there if need be.

3w5tLawn August 10, 2011

My father stayed in Oswego Springs for almost nine months. I would have never believed he made it as long as he did, because he is a very difficult person to live with. To the credit of the staff, they were amazingly tolerant and forgiving when my father was obstinate and negative. The facility was going through a change of ownership during this time which had me worried unnecessarily about the stability of the company. I personally found the staff to be likeable and pleasant.

Because we were not paying a lot of money I didn't expect the services and amenities to be above average. In the apartment, the refrigerator didn't close properly and the air conditioner was hard to control when we moved in and had to be repaired (which took months). In the dining room the food wasn't very good--especially dinner. But the decor is nice and the facility is clean and safe and in a great neighborhood. Parking is limited and can be a challenge.

They offer some fun activities and donuts right before dinner (?) They also have a happy hour with adult beverages and over the holidays I saw the 'Springs become quite festive with caroling and parties. They have a big screen TV and a beautiful grand piano.

Oswego Springs did a great job of taking care of my father for the short time he was there. I give the staff an A, the facilities a B, and the food a C.

From Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 70A303