Brookdale Portage Portage, IN

Reviews of Brookdale Portage | Portage, IN

Overview of Ratings

4.5

April 30, 2014

Sterling House is two floors. One is for the Alzheimer’s, upstairs, but it is called assisted living. I visited it, but they thought my wife was a flight risk. The rooms looked very nice, and the price probably could have been all right, but they didn’t think they could handle her. The staff was very good. They showed me around, and it was clean, and everything looked good.

March 13, 2014

Sterling House was very clean and very homey. The residents were taking part in an activity when we were there, and they seemed to be enjoying it. They did not have any room available, though. The staff was very knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. It was definitely well maintained. The dining room a little small but very clean and homey.

April 24, 2012

By rach3l

It's always difficult when a person reaches their elder years and starts losing independence. Assisted living seems to be a nice transition for elderly folks who are all at difference independence levels. My grandmother doesn't need full-time care, but after losing her driver's license, she doesn't have the ability to drive and pick up her groceries or medication or grandkids anymore. It was difficult for the family to get her to agree to make the transition to assisted living at Sterling House of Portage, but she likes it a lot more than she expected. There's always somebody to play cards with (they bet with pretzels!), and when she gets tired she can go back to her room and nap without having to worry about shooing company out the front door. Sterling House is very nicely-appointed. The landscaping outside is just beautiful, and my grandma enjoys taking walks with my mother and I when we visit. Her room is fairly large and she doesn't have a roommate, which is nice because she doesn't have to share her private living space with anybody else. The nursing staff all seem busy but friendly every time I visit. Our family gets peace of mind that my grandma is being well-cared for, and she's not on the road where she could potentially endanger lives. And, most importantly, she's receiving a quality of care that nobody in our family has the time or ability to provide, and I'm very thankful for that.

Let Us Search For You

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Licensed Assisted Living

About Brookdale Portage

Brookdale Portage provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Portage