Brookdale Portage Portage, IN

3444 Swanson Road, Portage, IN, 46368

Reviews of Brookdale Portage | Portage, IN

July 13, 2015

By Pam109444450

I was able to get her in Brookdale Portage. It was really good. As a matter of fact, they offered me a position there. I was very pleased with Brookdale. The staff was professional. The room was clean and spacious; it was acceptable.

October 05, 2014

By Thomas48

They were very caring. They had a good number of staff members there. They have exactly what I would need for her care and her stage of Alzheimer’s right now. I was very satisfied with everything. They pretty much covered everything. I was very pleased by the time I left there. I had all my questions answered. I felt that she will be very well cared for and get exactly what she needs. They had where people come in and talk, as well as playall kinds of games; they play bingo and pictionary. It’s pretty good.

June 26, 2014

By James7949

I found the staff at Sterling House (Brookdale Place Portage) to be pleasant, well informed, and courteous. The facility was clean and it smelled good. Carpeting was clean. Their dining room was with white tablecloths. They have a wait staff to bring the meal to you. You select an entrée with a choice of two or three selections. I saw the menu, and it looked well done. They have a fitness room with exercise equipment. They have tours and groups that meet for various levels of ability.

April 30, 2014

Sterling House is two floors. One is for the Alzheimer’s, upstairs, but it is called assisted living. I visited it, but they thought my wife was a flight risk. The rooms looked very nice, and the price probably could have been all right, but they didn’t think they could handle her. The staff was very good. They showed me around, and it was clean, and everything looked good.

March 13, 2014

Sterling House was very clean and very homey. The residents were taking part in an activity when we were there, and they seemed to be enjoying it. They did not have any room available, though. The staff was very knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. It was definitely well maintained. The dining room a little small but very clean and homey.

April 24, 2012

By rach3l

It's always difficult when a person reaches their elder years and starts losing independence. Assisted living seems to be a nice transition for elderly folks who are all at difference independence levels. My grandmother doesn't need full-time care, but after losing her driver's license, she doesn't have the ability to drive and pick up her groceries or medication or grandkids anymore. It was difficult for the family to get her to agree to make the transition to assisted living at Sterling House of Portage, but she likes it a lot more than she expected. There's always somebody to play cards with (they bet with pretzels!), and when she gets tired she can go back to her room and nap without having to worry about shooing company out the front door. Sterling House is very nicely-appointed. The landscaping outside is just beautiful, and my grandma enjoys taking walks with my mother and I when we visit. Her room is fairly large and she doesn't have a roommate, which is nice because she doesn't have to share her private living space with anybody else. The nursing staff all seem busy but friendly every time I visit. Our family gets peace of mind that my grandma is being well-cared for, and she's not on the road where she could potentially endanger lives. And, most importantly, she's receiving a quality of care that nobody in our family has the time or ability to provide, and I'm very thankful for that.

Features of Brookdale Portage

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Licensed Assisted Living

About Brookdale Portage

Brookdale Portage provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Portage