The Gardens of Port St. Lucie

1699 SE Lyngate Drive, Port Saint Lucie, FL, 34952

Reviews of The Gardens of Port St. Lucie

Caring110130450 July 07, 2015

I visited The Gardens, and the woman I talked to was very brusque, so I didn’t feel like she was interested in my questions. I did go back a second time, and she took a lot more time with me. I think the people at the front desk were very friendly. There was a poker game going on with the residents when I went there. The last time I was there, the thing that was disturbing to me was I was shown a room, and there was a urine smell in the hall. The room was L-shaped with a living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. They could have a little bit more space. I talked to some of the residents; they were happy with the food, and it looked fine as well.

We are committed to treating every individual that comes to visit us with respect and sincerity. We are disappointed that the particular circumstances of your first encounter left you feeling that we did not take the time you needed. Thank you for coming back and giving us the chance to answer your questions more fully. Due to the nature of caring for seniors, there are times when odors may be present in a particular area. We address the situations as they arise and agree there can be moments when there can be unpleasant odors in a specific area. Thank you for noticing our great front desk staff and our robust activity program. We are proud of them both! And yes, our food is exceptional. We hope the next time you visit you will have time to stay for lunch or dinner.

Caring36563850 January 09, 2015

I went to the Gardens. The lady was extremely nice. She showed me the rooms, and she gave me a lot of information. If I had to choose, that would probably be one of the two places that I would choose. They had private and semi-private rooms. They were nice, clean, and probably way more than what my husband needed. They had activities, but when I was there, it was lunchtime so they were eating. They gave some little sweets after I left, and they were fine. I would recommend it to others if they could afford it.

CaringInLaw1 December 13, 2013

My mother in law liked The Gardens of Port St Lucie the best. It’s close to the hospital and shopping. The rooms have nice a set up. The medical care is good, as well as the food. They take them out on a bus to places on certain days. Their sales people, caregivers and people that lived there stood out among the rest of the places we visited. However, they could have more social activities.

Rick14 December 02, 2013

The environment at The Gardens of Port St. Lucie was similar to other facilities I looked at. It also seemed open and friendly. Their staff was friendly. They care about their residents and they would address them by their first names. They try to keep them from just sitting in their rooms. They have numerous activities for them. They have a lot of field trips, transportation to doctors, and different onsite social activities planned there. They have somebody who is responsible for coming up with different activities and stuff.

Shaina November 16, 2013

What I liked about The Gardens was that every resident looked happy and it wasn't just their smile, you can see it in their eyes that they were happy. They were suitably dressed and well groomed. The person in charged that I talked knew everybody's name. It was like a big family and I was very impressed. The residents who needed more care had the option to stay in their apartments or move to their other side of the facility, which is more like nursing home where they can have more care. Another thing, when you walk through the door, it doesn't smell. It will be the place where I would be comfortable putting my dad in. It was excellent.

Caring68825350 October 31, 2013

The units at The Gardens were pretty good. They seemed to be well maintained and clean. They had different in house activities each day. The food seemed good. The staff was informative and helpful.

unhappy with this place October 06, 2013

Anything looks good but stay there. This place is not 5 star maybe 1 star. The employees are friendly but only do what they can get away with. Dirty, old and not modern in any way.

Trevor3 August 30, 2013

The Gardens was okay but the staff wasn't as lively as the other place we went to. It was a little farther away from my place.

Caring1527 April 18, 2013

The Gardens of Port St. Lucie was highly recommended by some of our friends who have seen it. It was also near my sister's place. My father and I visited the facility unannounced. The staff was courteous and she showed us around even if there was the flu outbreak. They had a pet dog which my father really liked. He wanted a facility where pets were allowed. There was also a small garden where the residents could plant anything. I noticed that there was always somebody if you needed assistance.

ucfwizba August 30, 2012

I visited my grandfather about 3 times at the facility. Every time I was there the staff was always very friendly and helpful. The facility is very large, however, the staff really seemed to care about the patients and their family and made it seem very cozy and home like. There was some confusion over how to pay for my dinner when I went to dine with my grandfather, however, the front desk took it upon themselves to figure it out and not make me jump through hoops so that I could just concentrate on my grandfather. The food was very bland, but the dining room was bright, super clean, and there was even live music. My grandfather shared a room, it was adequate in size and was very bright. The room didn't have many more amenities than a standard hospital room but the facility itself had an ice cream parlor, reading and game room, and the staff was more than happy to get anything my grandfather required. The room was always clean and the staff was attentive without being intrusive to the time I wanted to spend with my grandfather.

samripley February 17, 2012

My grandpa lives here and he absolute loves it. There are tons of activities for the residents to do and the staff are always really nice and friendly whenever we go.

From The Gardens of Port St. Lucie

The Gardens of Port St. Lucie is an award winning Five Star Senior Living community. We are very proud of the excellent, personalized care we provide our residents in a home-like setting. Our Assisted Living apartments provide maximum independence in a supportive environment with plentiful activities and a reputation for great dining. Our ECC license enables us to care for our residents' increasing needs as they age in place, such as managing oxygen and diabetic care. Our thirty bed Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides care and therapy to those recovering from surgery or serious illness. They benefit from the same great dining and high standard of care provided by our caring team that has earned us Medicare's highest rating of five stars. We extend a warm invitation to come see us for yourself or contact us any day for more information.

Features of The Gardens of Port St. Lucie