Atria Port St. Lucie

9825 South US Highway 1, Port Saint Lucie, FL, 34952

Reviews of Atria Port St. Lucie

4.3

January 09, 2015

The lady that I talked to at Horizon Bay was very nice, very accommodating, and answered all of my questions. The rooms were very similar to the other one I liked. Again, because it was lunchtime, they gave me a little box of brownies or something, and it was very good. I had no complaints. Walking through the hall, everything looked clean and neat. However, I couldn't tell you what the rest of the sanitation looked like. I saw people walking around, and they seemed very friendly, but as far as what they actually did or do, I do not have any clue.

September 22, 2014

By caring94194150

We sent my mother to Horizon Bay because of the price and size of the rooms. They were in the middle of the road as far as price and the rooms were well organized. It was a relatively small place and the staff was great.

August 31, 2014

By Ellen31

My mother is in Horizon Bay. It is clean, and it is well taken care of. The staff is very good and very caring. How the staff cares for my mother really stands out. Her room is a two-bedroom with the right kind of a shower where she can sit on a chair and hold a railing. It has a closet line. She thinks the food is really good. They have a lot of arts and crafts. They keep them busy.

August 28, 2014

Horizon Bay was a nice place, but still I don't think it was quite what my father would want. The rooms were much better; however, I still found the room to be too small. I just know my father wouldn't be happy there. It was nice that they had a lot more care available and stuff for the people there, but I just think it would be a step down in lifestyle from him, and we're moving him from a very big house in a country club setting. I just know that he wouldn't like it. However, I thought people there would get good care.

June 26, 2014

By Theresa20

Some rooms are small, like 600 sq. feet for a living room with a bedroom and a kitchen all cramped in there. They're always neat and clean. They had us for lunch. It was very good.

June 19, 2014

Me and my sister visited Horizon Bay - Port St. Lucie. I would consider this facility if had it not been far from my mom's doctors. They have studios with various sizes. They involve the residents in various activities, like they have a theme for the month and the residents can contribute their own items to go with the theme.

January 17, 2014

By Sisters5263

Our mother has been in the Memory Care facility at Horizon Bay in Port St. Lucie for a little over 6 weeks now and we are truly blessed to have found such a wonderful and caring environment for her. The caregivers are true professionals and are so very kind to the residents and are able to deal with all types and levels of dementia. The rooms are well maintained and the personal attention to detail for each person and their daily needs and environment is wonderful. We are very comfortable having Mom share her life with all of these caring professionals. The nursing staff is well trained , there are plenty of fun activities to keep her active and she loves the meals and the new friends she is making. The entire staff has gone out of its way to make Mom's transition as easy as possible. For loving and dignified care with respect for the person in a calm and pleasant environment, we could not recommend any place better than Horizon Bay in Port St. Lucie.

December 01, 2013

By Rick14

Horizon Bay wasn't quite as "fancy" but it was fine. The other ones seemed like multiple story buildings and kind of like a hotel. Horizon Bay was all ground floors and a little bit smaller facility, but it was very pleasant. You can even have a small pet with you there. The dining area seemed fine and they did offer good meal choices. The rooms were set up similarly to the other facilities, and they were just in a single-story structure but they were nice. The staff seemed very open and friendly to have people visit the facility. I like that about them. I don't think I would have any problem with my mom staying in this type of facility.

November 27, 2013

Horizon Bay was expensive, but it's a very nice facility. It was well appointed and had very pretty landscaping. It just seemed very luxurious. The staff there was a little busier. It took them a little longer to get to you, but they were still very polite and very nice. They had games, movie nights, and pizza nights. They had field trips, bingo, and areas for advanced people to play.

October 30, 2013

The staff and the rooms were pretty nice at Horizon Bay. The people who lived there seemed happy and had no complaints.

May 31, 2013

By Ava7

I am satisfied with everything about Horizon Bay. The staff are very pleasant and they do their work the way they're supposed to. My mother seems to be happy there. The rooms are very nice, too. It's just 10 minutes from where I live. The only complaint we have is that the smoking area is not being enforced. My whole family are non-smokers, and they have a front porch that you walk through to go for the front door. There's just a few handful of residents there who are smoking, but they sit at the front door and smoke all the time although they're supposed to be down at the end. They could also improve a little more on the organization like with the schedule of showers. They can't quite get it straightened.

May 28, 2013

By Judith7

I moved into Horizon Bay but I don't like it. When I saw this place, it seemed nice but I didn't see that everything was wrong until I got here. The place is pretty clean and the residents are very nice but the food stinks. I have food in my apartment; I have to get my own because I can't eat their food. Their food is just all blended together and it's just horrible. I'm not the only one who doesn't like the food. I've complained about this to the management but they don't do anything about anything. They don't mind the food. I won't recommend this to other people. They won't tell the people who come here too look. They keep them away from the residents. The residents never get to meet the prospective clients. They tell them whatever kind of stuff they tell them, they just find about out about it later. The prospective clients need to mingle and speak with the residents.

September 07, 2012

By caring9061

Horizon Bay is a much nicer facility. The people were very much eager to help and they followed up with me. It's very clean and well kept.

July 25, 2012

By Michael_d

I found this facility to not treat the elderly as they should be treated. You would see multiple paitients who obviously needed assistiance who would not be given any help, workers let them go days without taking baths (those who needed sponge baths) at the time when my grandmother knew what she was doing, before she got demensia, she would tell me that they treated her fine, just needed some more care.

May 29, 2012

By nicole772

The Staff are great and friendly. Food was pretty decent, not as many amenities as I thought there would be, but I suppose I was thinking of like a boys and girls club rather than a assisted living facility. All and All it was a pretty decent place when you walk in it is very clean set up very nice tons of plants and other homie feeling articles rather than blank hallways and boring rooms.

Photos of Atria Port St. Lucie

Features of Atria Port St. Lucie

• State Licenses: AL9628

About Atria Port St. Lucie

Set amongst the scenic waterways and nature preserves of St. Lucie County is Atria Port St. Lucie – a vibrant senior living community where active older adults can live more independently with discreet support available 24 hours a day.

With a calendar full of engaging events, each day is a new opportunity for fun, fitness, creativity and connection. A dedicated staff takes care of the cooking, cleaning and transportation, leaving residents with more time to pursue their interests – and discover new ones.

This assisted living residence offers private apartments with studio, one- and two-bedroom options with convenient kitchenettes. Just steps away are cozy common areas indoors and out, as well as comfortable amenities such as a salon and barbershop, library, game room and wellness center.

For older adults living with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia, Atria Port St. Lucie also offers Life Guidance® – Atria’s forward-thinking approach to memory care. Residents enjoy exercise and social engagement in a secure, thoughtfully designed space with specially trained caregivers who focus on ways to help them continue to live a fulfilling life.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in nearly 200 locations, 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. Atria communities are home to more than 21,000 seniors and employ more than 14,800 people.

Map of Atria Port St. Lucie