Park Vista by Bonaventure

2944 SE Lund Avenue, Port Orchard, WA, 98366

Reviews of Park Vista by Bonaventure

Virginia073752 June 10, 2016

We're considering Park Vista. They had a friendly, open, clean atmosphere, and the staff was very friendly and seemed to really know what they're doing and understand geriatric care. The apartments were very clean. You have to supply your own furniture, but other than that, they had nice bathrooms and a little kitchenette so it's very nice. I have eaten there, and it's very good. They go on trips to the museums, bowling, and shopping, and have music nights, movie nights, games like Foosball, cards, and a little library.

Gene200768 June 10, 2016

Park Vista by Bonaventure had beautiful grounds and a great-looking campus, but my parents weren't crazy about it. They had a one-bedroom, two-room apartment and multiple dining areas.

LanaXWHLL May 22, 2016

Park Vista by Bonaventure was an OK facility. The staff was very nice and gave lots of information. I only saw one room, which was clean and in good condition. The grounds were impressive because it had a place for people to walk around, and the location was good because it was on a boulevard. Their food wasn't great, but it was fine and had a lot of choices. The dining area was very attractive.

Reviewer120405350 February 29, 2016

We chose Park Vista by Bonaventure for my father. It’s clean. The people are very courteous and their food seems to be good. Their location for us is also very good.

Snookie1 February 29, 2016

Park Vista was very nice and very clean. We ate lunch there. It was the first one we visited, and it was lovely. We really like this place. The staff was very accommodating. I can’t say there was anyone that was out of line. Everyone was super. The apartments were very clean. Everything was clean.

Betty118264250 January 15, 2016

Park Vista was a really nice community. They gave you the feeling that they really cared about the people that lived there. The staff was pretty thorough. They answered all of the questions despite having a busy day because they had somebody from upper management show up for a surprise visit, so it was a little hectic for them. We had lunch there, which was very nice. The dining room had two areas: one side was where you serve yourself soup and things like that, and other side was full-service. It was like going into a restaurant and had a really nice feeling. People that work there came over and asked what we wanted to eat and drink. I would definitely recommend them to others. The rooms were wonderfully set up for retirees, which was nice.

Melissa26 September 30, 2015

Everybody was really friendly at Park Vista, they greeted my mom, and they were interested in her, and treated her as a person. We had lunch, and the staff was really friendly and accommodating. The dining area was like in a restaurant. They had a serving staff, and you can order what you wanted. It was really clean, and they had a lot of activities planned for the residents. It had nice surroundings, they had a large storage space, a walk in closet, and they had closets in the bedroom, and cabinets. They also had a patio, and the place looked homey. They do have a bus that will take you shopping, they had organized entertainment, they do things for the Holidays, and they set up activities in the entertainment rooms. They have exercise classes.

Kelly28 July 29, 2015

My father is in Park Vista. Actually, it is just down the road from my house. There is a lack of staff, and he is not treated like he should be. They are nice and everything to him, but his needs far outweigh the staff. There are two staff members each shift, and that is not enough for what he needs. He is falling, and we were told when they did the interview with him that there was plenty of staff and that they would be watching him, and the falling would not occur. He fell the very first day he was there, and I was like, "How did this happen?" So he has gone to the emergency room and had to have the EMTs called out. No, there is just not enough staff. I am very disappointed.

The one good thing is that he actually likes the food. He gets fed there, and that is not even an issue, but the actual care is bad. It is not a memory care center. Even though they say that's what it is, it is not. The rooms are not clean. There is plenty of room there, but the housekeeping is not good. They don't clean up. He pees on the carpet, and it stays there. It smells like urine, and the bathroom is indescribable. They are just nasty.

I have never seen any activity at all. They need staff members who are qualified for memory care unit and people who have Alzheimer's, and they need like a skilled nursing facility there. It is more assisted living and that is not what we were told it was going to be. He is pretty much on his own until something happens, and then they'd step up and help. They give him his medication, which I am thankful for, but the simple thing of combing his hair -- he was immaculate, he has always been a clean guy and everything around him clean. And when I walk in there and smell pee, it is ridiculous, or he's peed on himself and doesn't get changed. My dad deserves better than that, and this facility is not the place for him to be. It is very frustrating. He has gotten out, and this is supposed to be a secure place. I understand the fire hazard door and how that has to be, but he was actually outside the facility, walking down the sidewalk or actually stumbling -- because he doesn't walk -- next to a busy road. When the staff went to appear out the door, they didn't see him immediately, so they came right back in. And it wasn't until a spouse of one of the staff members was driving down the road that he noticed there was a gentleman stumbling down the sidewalk. Then, he told his wife about it, who immediately got in the vehicle and went down the road to pick up my dad. So the security is not well at all. They don't respond to alarms. I've been there several times and had to pull the cord just to have a nurse or the aide come in -- they're not nurses, they are aides -- and it is a good 10 to 15 minutes before someone finally responds.

Janet105708150 May 17, 2015

We really liked Park Vista by Bonaventure. It seemed like it would be a good fit, and the apartment style made it homey. We were happy, but when they got back to us, they didn't feel that he would be a good fit because of his age; my son is only 27. The room was nice. It had a little kitchen and its own toilet and sink, but they had a common area for the bathroom so that he could be watched. The surrounding was very nice and very well landscaped, and the inside was very clean.

Kathy40 July 12, 2013

We chose Park Vista Retirement and Assisted Living Community for my mom because it looked the nicest and seemed the best among other communities in our area. There are a lot of places in this community for residents and guests to sit and have conversation. My mom is not happier but she is accepting living there and doing okay with it. We got her a two-bedroom apartment with a washer and a dryer. I had lunch there a couple of times and the food seems very good. What I like best about this community is that there is a positive upbeat feeling to it. They also have a variety of activities like bingos and games. They also have music nights, happy hours and tea parties. They have tried to have something to do everyday. It also seems to be a well-staffed community. The people seem friendly and they really know the residents.

Ryan McQueen October 30, 2012

I was quite surprised and pleased with the community as a whole. I wasn't sure what to expect as it was my first experience with an assisted living community. The staff was very pleasant and helpful with any questions I had. It had a very positive and supportive vibe that just seemed to welcome you in as well as want you to come back. The grounds were well maintained and ornate. The rooms were extremely nice, well maintained, and modern, in my opinion. The dining options were varied as well as tasty. There were many outings and activities available for the residents on a daily and weekly basis. In speaking to people that currently lived there, they had little to no complaints about the overall community. I wish that I could go into greater detail about Park Vista, but my grandfather passed unexpectedly before I could visit it any more times. However, I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Love My Mom and Dad July 15, 2011

I look for stability and this community does not have any. Can't tell if it is the communtiy or the company that runs it. We have moved out our parents after the 4 Director and 10 nurse in 10 months came and went. Stay away....

12birds May 26, 2011

This particular assisted living facility had the feeling of home. It was bright and cheerful. The decorations made the facility feel cozier and more of a home atmosphere. The residents are allowed to have pets and come and go as they please. They offer services such as haircuts, manicures and pedicures. The staff was friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The apartments homes were spacious. The grounds were well manicured and nicely kept. Plenty of parking too.

From Park Vista by Bonaventure

Life on your terms

Bonaventure is all about one thing: life on your terms. That's why so many people choose a Bonaventure community after they've looked at the other options. It's also why so many doctors, referral agencies, churches and others, not to mention 96% of our residents, enthusiastically recommend us to their friends and families.

We care about what home means to you. We're dedicated to giving you a caring, lively, comfortable, affordable place to make your home. We want it to be filled with family, fun, new experiences and exactly the amount of expert help and care you desire, from a little to a lot.

Home Cooking

Enough with the philosophy, let's talk food! Our in-house chef makes your meals from scratch every day, they don't come from a can. Our healthy and delicious food is often listed as a reason people make their homes here. It is so tasty, you'll be happy we have physical activities and easy fitness programs to keep you from putting on a few pounds! Don't just take our word for it; make us put our money where your mouth is. We invite you to come by for lunch or dinner. It's on us. You can meet new friends and get their opinion on our quality and service.

Transportation

Whether you're going to the symphony or the supermarket, we're here for you. Compare our transportation options to the others and you'll see how easy we make it to stay on the go.

Freedom & Choice

Your home at Bonaventure offers you the choices you need to maintain your freedom, so you can enjoy life on your terms. Spend your days enjoying our sunny walking paths, well-stocked libraries and places to garden while relying on us for vital services like top-notch building security and advanced emergency call systems.

Begin the Adventure

Start something new and exciting in your life. There's no place like home, especially when it's your home at a Bonaventure Senior Living community. If we're right for you, you'll know it 10 minutes after you walk in the door. Come explore your next chapter

Park Vista is conveniently located off SE Lund Avenue, just across the street from Jackson Park. Situated in this quiet, tree-lined neighborhood, we are just minutes away from various eateries, boutiques, shopping centers and pharmacies for all your retail needs. With the Olympic Mountains on the horizon, our unique location offers residents a peaceful place to call home.

Features of Park Vista by Bonaventure

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Washer/dryer in apt

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,695/month

• Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid