Grace Manor Port Orange

1321 Herbert Street, Port Orange, FL, 32129

Reviews of Grace Manor Port Orange

Alyce3 December 17, 2015

I placed my husband at Grace Manor Port Orange because it was close to home. The rooms were large, and the activity calendar was very active. The people were not younger but more responsive and more able to take care of themselves. I liked the ratio of 20 patients to the aides that were available. I really appreciated the fact that 90% of the residents there were at about my husband's level, who is still able to dress himself and handle his hygiene and eat, and more at the level of his Alzheimer's disease. I liked its cleanliness and the overall care of the building. He has been there for a little over a month, and I'm totally satisfied. It's more family-oriented. They have a small group of residents who had been together for a long time, and it was not like walking into a nursing home. It was like walking into a hotel. I couldn't have found any better care for my husband.

Anonymous113350450 September 16, 2015

I like the size of the population at Grace Manor Port Orange Community. There are only about 35 people. It is clean, and it smells good. It is very bright. The people there have been pretty attentive to my mother's needs. I know several people who have parents there, and they have all been pretty happy with it.

John111220150 July 29, 2015

I was able to visit Grace Manor Port Orange. It's a very nice facility, but it’s just too far away from us. The place is very clean. It’s a nice, bright, and cheerful place. The residents were all involved in activities, and they seemed to be enjoying it. They had a place outdoor where they had cook outs. There was a group that was doing arts and crafts when I had my tour. There was also someone giving a talk to some residents.

Caring104859150 May 02, 2015

I don't have positiveness about Grace Manor. I didn't like that place. The smell turned me off. It wasn't a comfortable atmosphere to me. The staff was mediocre. It's a nice, big place. I saw everybody sitting around the table with group activities. It was boring, it wasn't challenging, and it wasn't appealing to me. The staff had no enthusiasm.

Virgil3 August 17, 2014

Employees of Grace Manor are congenial. The building itself is clean and painted. They serve good food as well. It is well placed on the plate. The serving time from start to finish takes too long though.

Carol97110750 August 07, 2014

Grace Manor has become my dad's home away from home. As with any household, it takes a lot of work to keep everyone healthy in mind, body and spirit. I applaud the 110% effort put forth by all the directors and staff to keep this home a positive living experience for all.

Caring75622550 December 26, 2013

I've moved my mother into Grace Manor three weeks ago. I like the fact that it's a newer building, it's clean, it seems to be orderly. The landscaping is very nice. The rooms are clean and painted. It's a private room with a private bath. I like the staff, they're very nice. They will call if anything goes wrong which is sometimes a little bit overwhelming because I think this is a somewhat negative thing. When they call, everything seems to be an emergency. They're not giving the family enough time to get certain things taken care of so it's too late which I don't really appreciate but I think we're working that out with them. The price was okay, it's not the most expensive but it's not the cheapest. You get what you pay for.

Phyllis15 July 29, 2013

We visited Grace Manor and I like the place. The place is clean and very pretty. It was very nice and it is a locked down facility. The residents were not allowed to have phones in their room and I wouldn't put her in a place where she couldn't have her own phone. There are a lot of people in wheelchairs and walkers. The rooms were small. They had no kitchen and very little room for furniture. We had lunch there and it was okay, nothing special.

Mikelle June 09, 2013

My mom's got dementia, so she has no clue that she is in Grace. It's a really nice place and is extremely clean. They've got a very active activities program and they are very good with medication. She's had one emergency since she's been there, and they've taken care of it very well. The staff is very kind and on top of all that, they are just really nice people.

From Grace Manor Port Orange

An Abundant Life

Our residents enjoy an abundance of amenities, from the comfort of private rooms decorated to reflect each unique preference, to the convenience of health and happiness centered in one thriving community.

A Vibrant Life

We incorporate a fine balance of physical activity, mental engagement and spiritual enrichment each day. Whether it’s an on-site activity or off-site adventure, vibrance and fulfillment abound at Grace Manor.

The hardest part is not finding something to do, it’s choosing between all the options!

• Dancing or Singing?
  • Boutique shopping or reading a great novel?
  • Wine and Cheese Tasting or Gardening Club?
  • Playing Bingo or cards with friends?
  • Art class or brain games?

Memory Care

Our memory care living spaces are specially designed to allow residents to transition easily between activities in a fully secure and safe residence. The elegance of the living area is complemented by state-of-the-art technology. Each memory care suite features motion monitors to assure resident safety while also being unobtrusive to their rest and relaxation.

Commitment to Culinary Excellence:

Our experienced staff offers freshly prepared culinary creations to fit our resident’s preferences and special dietary needs. In addition to the scrumptious cuisine, good conversation and heartfelt laughter are ever present in our relaxed dining room.

Features of Grace Manor Port Orange

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Book clubs

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 8:1

• Licenses: Assisted Living
  • State License(s): AL- 11955

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Grace Manor Port Orange