Dominion Village at Poquoson

Overview of Ratings

4.0

December 22, 2012

By Bob17

I came with a friend and his family to visit a relative that was a big part of my life growing up. During my brief stay here I noticed quite a few things, The staff was extremely friendly and personal with every person in the facility. It was clean, there seemed to be plenty of activities for the occupants to participate in and everyone seemed relatively comfortable. Even with all of this though I'm not quite sure about the quality of the care that is provided, during a discussion with one of the nurses the family I was with was bewildered as there had apparently been no communication between the "weekend shift" and the nurses that were currently handling the relative. This concerned us as the person in there care was susceptible to falling (minor occurrences but potentially dangerous) and had an extreme case of dementia, and due to lack of facility communication we had no way of actually finding out if he had any problems over the weekend.

December 12, 2012

By bkelly23693

My mom has Alzheimers and was comfortably living with my dad until a series of events happened. My dad had a massive stroke and my mom came to live with me. I was caring for my mom and working a 6-day a week job and taking her to adult day care (which became very hard for her) My mom's condition was upgraded to severe, therefore needing 24 hr care. While at my house, she fell 3 times and that concerned me. My sister came from NC and we looked at facilities for her to stay. We choose Dominion Village in Poquoson, Va. Since Poquoson is where we all live it seemed perfect. Well it is, it is a small and down-home type of place and I am convinced that she is happy there. She has her own bedroom and her own bath (complete with a tub) and we are allowed to set all the rules. Her meals are served home-style so if she wants more peas she can have them) and with real dinnerware. The staff is caring and very co-operative. I go to see my mom almost every day and she is doing well. I love the facility and what they are doing for the sick. At first there where wrinkles that had to be ironed out but I am convident now that this was the right choice.

Let Us Search For You

Save Stress

Photos of Dominion Village at Poquoson

Features of Dominion Village at Poquoson

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3718/month

• Housing Extra: We Have Private Rooms With Shared Bathrooms, Semi Private Rooms And Deluxe Semi Private Rooms

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 To 1

• Licenses: Licensed Assisted Living Facility

About Dominion Village at Poquoson

Dominion Village at Poquoson offers compassionate senior care in Poquoson, VA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Dominion Village at Poquoson shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Poquoson, VA.

been in business in Poquoson for over 25 years and have won the Daily Press Best of the Best for the past 3 years. We are located in Poquoson, which is a small fishing town.

Map of Dominion Village at Poquoson