American House Oakland Assisted Living

1915 Baldwin Ave., Pontiac, MI, 48371

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of American House Oakland | Assisted Living

February 28, 2014

My dad had a 1-bedroom at American House. It was very nice. They had guitar player come in, a trip service, a TV room, and other activities. But they couldn't take care of my dad's needs. In fact they kind of shipped him out because they couldn't take care of him. I think the problem with American House they don't have enough staff to take care of the needs of the residents. That's my opinion.

I'm sorry you felt that your dad's needs were better able to be cared for elsewhere. While we do offer independent living, some of our communities may be a better fit for some residents with different concerns - as with memory care, for example. Otherwise, we have more options than ever to service our residents. We now have a Family Care Coordinator who can help take care of the entire process if a residents requires hospitalization or rehabilitation - all with the goal of returning to live at American House! If you have any concerns in the future, I’d be happy to address them.

Sincerely, Laura Broecker, Executive Director 248-335-7020

September 27, 2012

By PaperMate91

My grandmother was a resident of American House for about a couple of years or so. She was very content with American House and I was as well. They treated her well, and she made friends with the employees who were sure to help her in anything she needed. They hosted many events to get the seniors up and moving so they could socialize with one another. There were some problems with getting maintenance down there to fix shelves, closet doors, or bathroom fixtures. They were very slow at getting around to it but it did at least get done. American House also was very good at delivering food to her room as she couldn't/wouldn't always go down for dinner. So she would call down there and they would bring her meal right up with no problems. I was a little worried about the back entrance to the room as it seemed very easy to break into but no incidents ever occurred.

So glad to hear that your grandmother enjoyed living at American House Oakland! We do take pride in offering plenty of activities and opportunities for socialization to keep our residents active and happy "” because that's what communities are for! I'm sorry you felt there was a delay on repairs; we just like to make sure every resident is given the time and attention they deserve. Thanks for your patience. I also appreciate your safety concerns, and you can rest assured that we take security very seriously here. Thank you for leaving your feedback! Thank you, Kelly Lawton, Executive Director, 248-335-7020

June 23, 2012

By kshamrock20

I have recently started taking the Cub Scout troupe I manage to different assisted living homes once a month to help out the needy and also to help the kids earn points toward certain patches they need. We recently visited American House Oakland in Pontiac Michigan. Compared to some of the other facilities we have volunteered in, this place was about average. The staff seemed hard working and in the 6 hours we spent there, we interacted with many residents. We helped serve meals, which didn't look like anything special, but were on par with what I would expect for a school lunch. The residents, for the most part, seemed happy to be there. A couple of residents voices complaints about the air conditioning not working properly and one lady did not like the room she was staying in. She said the woman next door to her was too loud. I would say that this was an average facility. It was clean and had a little bit of an odor to it, but it wasn't anything near some of the poorly run places I have seen.

Dear kshamrock20,

Thank you for visiting our American House Oakland location and for taking the time to write a review!

We are very proud of our hard-working staff and their dedication to making sure our residents are happy and taken care of. Our No. 1 priority is our residents and we are glad you noticed. I would love the opportunity to chat with you further. Can you please give me a call at your convenience at 248-335-7020.

Sincerely,

Kelly Lawton

February 12, 2012

By jacob J

Our experience was not favorable. It was an unhappy and unfriendly atmosphere. Food not great!

We are truly sorry to hear that your experience fell short of our expectations. Your comments and feedback are very important to us. We are committed to providing all residents and guests with a very welcome, enjoyable atmosphere. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about your visit. Please contact me at your convenience at (248) 335-7020. Thank you. Sincerely, Kelly Lawton, Executive Director.

January 07, 2012

By thenonnielady

Other

Thanks for your help. My sister in law has changed her mind about leaving her current living situation. I will send her all information so she will have it. This place was our choice for her, unfortuately she is difficult to deal with.

Thanks for leaving this review! We hope you found a suitable community.

Photos of American House Oakland

Features of American House Oakland

About American House Oakland

Tucked quietly near the hub of Oakland County's thriving shopping and residential centers near I-75 and Baldwin Road, American House Oakland is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Auburn Hills, Pontiac, Waterford, Rochester, Rochester Hills, and Lake Orion. American House Oakland is located close to hopitals including St. Joseph Mercy, Crittenton Hospital Medical Center, and POH Regional Medical Center. Oakland Senior Living in Pontiac provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

The grounds are beautiful and feature a gazebo with ponds and walking paths. Our apartment homes include 1 and 2 bedroom floor plan options with full kitchens, private baths and living rooms. We also have a community dining room, beauty salon/barber shop, country store, billiard parlor, library/computer room, fitness room, cozy fireplace-piano lounge, activity rooms including pottery studio, card room and craft room.

Resident Services include restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and scheduled transportation. Our Activity Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Amenities