ALF of Pomona Park

422 Pleasant Street, Pomona Park, FL, 32181

Reviews of ALF of Pomona Park

September 09, 2014

By Kandi1

I moved my mother in 2 months ago. It’s assisted living facility. First thing, my mother wanted to go back close to where she previously lived so she could continue seeing her doctor ‘cause her doctor could come out there. The price is extremely affordable with what she gets for her social security. They would also work with us to get direct from Medicaid. We really liked the fact that the place was very clean. It’s very bright and airy too. It wasn’t cluttered. My mom got there very late in the evening, and the staff was extremely friendly. They offered to make my mom a snack because it was way after dinner and they’re not sure when she had eaten. They helped my sister get her room set up because my sister had to put her names on all of her clothes because they do the laundry. So while they were helping her with the setup phase, they helped my mom sit up in her bed so she could have breathing treatment. My mom loves the fact that they have hospital beds in there so she can raise and lower it as she needs. That way she can sit more comfortably. Even though they don’t allow wheelchairs unless it’s necessary, they’re allowing my mom to use the wheelchair because she has corns on the sides of her feet that are extremely painful. They have meals posted on a bulletin board when you first come in, what they’re gonna be serving for the month, and that was a big thing. The meals are amazing. My mom has said that they’ve got really good cooks that work there. She really likes that. It’s a very small facility, not a lot of people there. They have arts and crafts, and they sometimes play games. They also give them board games if they want to play with that. My mom likes to sit on the back porch. They have a screened back porch people can sit on. In the back half of the property there are some goats and chickens, and she likes to sit out there and watch the animals. They’ve been really great to work with. Everybody is very happy where Mom is -- Mom is happy.

Photos of ALF of Pomona Park

• Pharma

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AL12480

About ALF of Pomona Park

Alf with limited mental health. Our services includes medication administration & ordering, provide 24 hours personal assistance, supervision, dining, house keeping, laundry and social peer interaction. Dietitian approved meals and snacks. Optional services includes physical & speech therapy, occupational therapy, podiatrist, meal quest, guest meals, hair salon services and shopping & errands.

We provide a place for elderly and adult persons of any race, religion, belief or creed in the least restrictive and most homelike environment and remain independent as possible.

Map of ALF of Pomona Park