Sunrise of Poland

335 West McKinley Way, Poland, OH, 44514

Reviews of Sunrise of Poland

Paula44 February 19, 2015

My mother stays at Sunrise of Poland. It's a very nice facility, and it has a warm atmosphere. The caregivers are very nice to the people, very compassionate, very understanding, and they take very good care of her. I don't have any problems with them at all. I think it's one of the better places. Every month, they have like bible studies, they have someone come in that sings to them at least once a week or maybe twice a week, and they have parties; they keep them very active. They have a snack shop and an ice cream parlor. The cleanliness and atmosphere are very good. It's very conducive too. It's a locked down facility. They take very good care of the place.

Caring87421250 December 20, 2014

My father-in-law was at Sunrise of Poland for a little less than a year, and it was a wonderful place, but he had just passed away. The staff were great and accommodating. The room could've been bigger. My mother-in-law and my sister-in-law were very happy with it as they lived very close by. The dining room was nice, and security seemed fine to me.

Collete1 October 31, 2014

I choose Sunrise because it is a very nice and clean place. She shares her room with somebody else, and it is like a small studio. They have a wonderful place to eat. They have activities and they are always doing things with them. My mom is relatively busy and she has friends. I love it. Outside of the standard game playing like bingo and stuff like that, they had a bus and they take them. Today, she called me and she said everytime the bus starts she go, which is nice. So, they are not just sitting in the facility. The menu looks good, and my mom says the food is good. They have a beautiful dining room. I have not tasted their food, but I have seen it, and it looks good. It is not like a bunch of yucky stuff, they actually take time and prepare decent stuff.

I like that it is clean. When I walk in, it is very clean and kept-up. It is a beautiful place. It is like walking into a grand hotel. I am pretty sure that everybody's room is up on the second floor, and they have this grand staircase. They have rooms and corridors that go down to places people can gather to watch TV. They have like a bird place, and it is really pretty. You can walk out back when the weather is nice. They have a gazebo with flowers growing and a small place to walk. It is like a small little cut of paradise. It is like staying in a nice hotel only it is home. I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever. I am very pleased with the place. I tell everybody about what a wonderful place my mom is in, and I tell my mom that if anything happens to me and I need to be placed in an assisted place, I hope it will be a place as nice as that. I would not mind being in a place like that.

Beth23 September 26, 2014

We were able to look at Sunrise of Poland, and it's a very nice facility. We came to look at a showroom, which was freshly painted and very clean, so it looked really nice. The environment itself is very nice, but it all came down to their price. We only met the director during our visit, and she was absolutely nice. The only thing I did not like was that they were large, and I felt it was a little bit too open, and I am nervous that may mother might fall.

Caring78641250 June 30, 2014

My father is in Sunrise, and thank God everything is going well. We chose it because it is close to home, and the woman was wonderful. They are remarkable. The care given to him is superior. The work ethics are fabulous and truly good. The place is very inviting. He has a room, but I am a little disappointed because I believe it is a single room, but they did stick two beds in there, and that's the only thing. It doesn't bother him, so we just let it go. He is in the lock down because he has dementia. The food is fantastic. I tell you, they have the best cream of broccoli soup. They have great food, can't be any better. They have activities like bingo, and they put him on Wii, where he does boxing and bowling, and he just loves it. They have exercise and church. They have a lot. We are truly pleased. The living environment is nice, and I love it.

Lynn28 April 05, 2014

I would like to thanks the personnel staff of Sunrise of Poland. You will never know what a comfort you were in helping with my mother,Catherine. Mother transitioned on March 10,2014,even though she didn't have the opportunity to live or visit your facility ,your staff provided me with all of the information needed in placed a love one in such of environment. I would recommend the services of this organization to everyone ,who is placed in the position of finding a loving and caring home for their love you. again Thanks

Vernon2 July 11, 2013

I think the people, the staff and the residents, are the best things about Sunrise of Poland. They are all very friendly. They seemed to be doing an excellent job.

scavy March 06, 2013

did not care for this..building beautiful..but..food not good and repeated during week..mom had items stolen (proven caught on tape) but not addressed by head of facility..pass off issues as just parents getting old and not knowing what is really going on. activity head wonderful. removed parent...

Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can help to address your concerns.

Cindy4 May 27, 2012

The place is really nice. They provide innovative and effective programs with multiple levels of support for people who have Alzheimer's. But the Alzheimer's care unit they provided was quite expensive, and it's something we cannot afford in the long run. We are looking for a place which is not that expensive but it will cater to my mom's needs.

From Sunrise of Poland

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Location of Sunrise of Poland